HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:06 PM
Building with TLAR precision
near Madison, WI
Joined Jan 2009
2,666 Posts
Man -- that looks really nice, Chris! I'm inspired to (maybe) make this a winter project -- since I've finished two bathroom remodels in the past year!

LOVE the dig for our friend Bakkie!

-= Dave
Zenmaniac is offline Find More Posts by Zenmaniac
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:20 PM
Whitchurch,Shropshire. UK
Joined Jul 2008
1,199 Posts
Cheers Guys,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmaniac View Post

LOVE the dig for our friend Bakkie!

-= Dave
You don't think it was a little bit too subtle ?
Fubar 123 is offline Find More Posts by Fubar 123
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:33 PM
Stirring the pot
Port Elizabeth South Africa
Joined Jun 2008
4,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar 123 View Post
Cheers Guys,

You don't think it was a little bit too subtle ?
No!
You have to smack him though the face with a wet fish....
Before he'll take notice!
johannlochner is offline Find More Posts by johannlochner
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:38 PM
Missing you too FB!
South Africa, Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth
Joined Sep 2010
2,360 Posts
Damn I go offline for a few days and BAM I have fires to kill everywhere!!!

Thanks for the digs I love you guys too!!!!

Hey J thanks for the slap in the face with the fish!!!! Sorry I missed the maiden!
Bakkie is offline Find More Posts by Bakkie
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let's try FPV!!!!
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,199 Posts
Hi Greg,
How you doing ?
Cut the Sheeeet, what about the ' Le { i'll finnish it soon} Fish' ?
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:45 PM
Missing you too FB!
Joined Sep 2010
2,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar 123 View Post
Hi Greg,
How you doing ?
Cut the Sheeeet, what about the ' Le { i'll finnish it soon} Fish' ?
She will be finished soon!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let's try FPV!!!!
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,199 Posts
Lol

Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:47 PM
near Madison, WI
Joined Jan 2009
2,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakkie View Post
She will be finished soon!
Just in time for your next Great Britain slope tour?

-= Dave
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:50 PM
Missing you too FB!
Joined Sep 2010
2,360 Posts
Quote:
Just in time for your next Great Britain slope tour?

-= Dave
Nope my next maybe tour would be a US one during football season!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Bakkie; Oct 08, 2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Hey shadow an I liked you more when you were flying more and digging less
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:07 AM
near Madison, WI
Joined Jan 2009
2,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakkie View Post
Nope my next maybe tour would be a US one during football season!
Sorry, Bakkster -- since I'm retired I seem to have plenty of time for both. Maybe I'd better take up molding slopers to keep me out of trouble!

S.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:13 PM
near Madison, WI
Joined Jan 2009
2,666 Posts
An unfortunate Sally demise

Flying with my friend, Darryl, a coule of weeks ago (no, the "other brother Darryl"). The winds were 30 gusting to 45, and lots of trees, which made turbulance and difficult launching.

I gave Sally a toss, and after getting flipped 90 degrees each way, I managed to punch through a crease in the tree line. The lift below the trees was non-existant, so I pushed through to the field below, since I couldn't see the plane below the trees.

Same thing happened with my Bee-Evo, and finally to the Weasel (I am nothing, if not consistant ). Darryl, on the other hand, launched his 80" wingspan Swallow, and had a nice 90 seconds short of two hour fight, shortened of his target by a dead Rx battery -- but that's another story.

Below the tree line of the hill is a corn field, which I thought I achieved, but couldn't be sure. When I got to the bottom, I found that the corn, now dried at the.end of the growing season, was generating the sound of a roaring train in the 30+ mph wind, so I couldn't hear any of the lost model alarms. I found the Weasel about 4 rows into the corn (the field measured about 100 x 300 m). It took two more trips to the farm to find the Bee, which settled into the cornrow bottom (black) side up, wiht the alarm pointing to the ground. Never did find Sally.

We went back today (my 5th trip back) to find the corn having been harvested. After looking in the thicket at the bottom of the hill, and then in the alfalfa beyond the corn, I spotted a piece of red in the remains of the corn litter. And then more pieces, and more. Fortunately, we did find the battery (which I was afraid may have gotten into the cattle feed) and the Rx. No sign of the pod or servos. Or the remaining 90% of the plane for that matter.

Fortunately, I have another 95% completed on the workbench, waiting for a reason to finish it. Now I have a reason!

-= Dave
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:39 AM
remotely sensitive
United States, WI, Verona
Joined Oct 2011
204 Posts
She had a good life... RIP
woodenshoe is offline Find More Posts by woodenshoe
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:23 AM
Joined Jul 2008
1,199 Posts
Quote:
Flying with my friend, Darryl, a coule of weeks ago (no, the "other brother Darryl"). The winds were 30 gusting to 45, and lots of trees, which made turbulance and difficult launching.

I gave Sally a toss, and after getting flipped 90 degrees each way, I managed to punch through a crease in the tree line. The lift below the trees was non-existant, so I pushed through to the field below, since I couldn't see the plane below the trees.

Same thing happened with my Bee-Evo, and finally to the Weasel (I am nothing, if not consistant ). Darryl, on the other hand, launched his 80" wingspan Swallow, and had a nice 90 seconds short of two hour fight, shortened of his target by a dead Rx battery -- but that's another story.

Below the tree line of the hill is a corn field, which I thought I achieved, but couldn't be sure. When I got to the bottom, I found that the corn, now dried at the.end of the growing season, was generating the sound of a roaring train in the 30+ mph wind, so I couldn't hear any of the lost model alarms. I found the Weasel about 4 rows into the corn (the field measured about 100 x 300 m). It took two more trips to the farm to find the Bee, which settled into the cornrow bottom (black) side up, wiht the alarm pointing to the ground. Never did find Sally.

We went back today (my 5th trip back) to find the corn having been harvested. After looking in the thicket at the bottom of the hill, and then in the alfalfa beyond the corn, I spotted a piece of red in the remains of the corn litter. And then more pieces, and more. Fortunately, we did find the battery (which I was afraid may have gotten into the cattle feed) and the Rx. No sign of the pod or servos. Or the remaining 90% of the plane for that matter.

Fortunately, I have another 95% completed on the workbench, waiting for a reason to finish it. Now I have a reason!

-= Dave
Oh Dear !
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:29 AM
...missing the PE Slope Rebels
United States, MI, Manchester
Joined May 2004
3,034 Posts
sorry for your loss, Shadowman
a combine harvestor is very efficient, everything larger than a kernel of corn was chewed up and then spit out the back end
Flying Beagle is online now Find More Posts by Flying Beagle
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:42 AM
Australia, SA, Morphett Vale
Joined Oct 2004
1,503 Posts
I will look for a servo in my cornflakes
Desert flier is offline Find More Posts by Desert flier