SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 13, 2011, 05:20 AM
FPV MultiWiii
Joined Mar 2011
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretch5000
FPV Multiwii ( READY TO GO!!!!!!!!!) .avi (2 min 40 sec)

The bouncing is from crap gws props... need to go with a better setup.
Also it was kinda windy. now i need to learn how to build my own multiwii so that i can custamize it for my needs. thie board was givin to me. way better then my old KK...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spagoziak View Post
While I understand that GWS props aren't the best in general, what about them do you find unsuitable for an FPV tri?

Great flying by the way, this is what I want to do with mine.. just too apprehensive about it still. What are you using for your FPV rig?

spag
GWS props work great for FPV, but suck for trying to get nice smooth video. especially if you are moving forward in a fast direction. they flex to much. if i use APC props the problem goes away every time. i just like GWS becasue they are cheap and i can try going thru tight areas without destroying 8 bucks in props like i would if i used APC. i went thru a few props that day Flying thru that barn and under the bridge. i;m using a 200mw 900Mhz video TX with Ibcrazy's V antenna. 2 recievers with 8 DBI patch antenna's and Eagle Tree for diversity. Fat Shark Goggles, 17hz saw filter on the RX as well.
Tretch5000 is offline Find More Posts by Tretch5000
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2011, 06:52 AM
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Modena
Joined Mar 2009
413 Posts
This video shows how my compass works!
i think it works well on yaw movements...but i don't understand the error on pitch and roll!
MULTIWII + ALLINONE. COMPASS TEST (0 min 34 sec)
arnaldo26 is offline Find More Posts by arnaldo26
Old May 13, 2011, 06:56 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretch5000 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovoT2CUxxiw

The bouncing is from crap gws props... need to go with a better setup.
Also it was kinda windy. now i need to learn how to build my own multiwii so that i can custamize it for my needs. thie board was givin to me. way better then my old KK...
great flying thats the way i like it
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old May 13, 2011, 07:58 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2011
144 Posts
vee Antenna

Hey i have a probably simple question. I also have a 900mhz vtx and was looking to start upgrading it a bit. I want to get the ibcrazy vee antenana, but when i look on their website, there is a "inverted Vee antenna" available for 900mhz and also another one called just "Vee Antenna" available at 910mhz.... so im a bit confused on which one is appropriate or what the difference is? Sorry for my ignorance, im a bit new to the fpv stuff and its becoming addicting very quickly!

Thanks!
Marko
serbcccc3 is offline Find More Posts by serbcccc3
Old May 13, 2011, 08:26 AM
Joined Jun 2010
12 Posts
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwisbg View Post
I have two of these, will they work??
I have the same, and he never work on my wiicopter.
ChickenRun is offline Find More Posts by ChickenRun
Old May 13, 2011, 09:01 AM
Joined Dec 2006
1,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaldo26 View Post
This video shows how my compass works!
i think it works well on yaw movements...but i don't understand the error on pitch and roll!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SUF5BYkNDs
is there any tilt compensation in the code? did you calibrate the magnetometer?
noobee is offline Find More Posts by noobee
Old May 13, 2011, 09:07 AM
Joined Mar 2009
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobee View Post
is there any tilt compensation in the code? did you calibrate the magnetometer?
yes i calibrated the mag!
Old May 13, 2011, 02:44 PM
FPV MultiWiii
Joined Mar 2011
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
great flying thats the way i like it
thanks warthox,
i agree. I love pushing it more and more every day. the smaller the space, and the faster i can fly thru it, the more fun i have...
Old May 13, 2011, 02:52 PM
FPV MultiWiii
Joined Mar 2011
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serbcccc3 View Post
Hey i have a probably simple question. I also have a 900mhz vtx and was looking to start upgrading it a bit. I want to get the ibcrazy vee antenana, but when i look on their website, there is a "inverted Vee antenna" available for 900mhz and also another one called just "Vee Antenna" available at 910mhz.... so im a bit confused on which one is appropriate or what the difference is? Sorry for my ignorance, im a bit new to the fpv stuff and its becoming addicting very quickly!

Thanks!
Marko
i would go with the Vee Antenna at 910mhz. you can make your own very easily. just search RCG for IBcrazy vee antenna.... yeah this sport is crazy addicting.
Old May 13, 2011, 03:29 PM
Fournier RF4D N1771 Awesome!
Riverside, CA
Joined Nov 2004
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
So is your board getting power through one of the RX connections to the board(+,-, Signal)? Did you do signal wire only on all the other connections from the RX to the board?

The thing I don't like about picking one ESC out of 4 (assuming quad) is you loose redundancy on the BEC output if THAT happens to be the ESC BEC that gives out.
Nice thing about the Seeeduino Mega is that you use the "power in" plug that takes between anything between 6-20 volts and uses the built in regulator to power the board, so you take power direct from the battery, not the ESC.

Honestly with all the advantages of the Mega its hard to understand why its not the primarily developed platform as the only down side is it costs $43 and is slightly bigger than the pro mini.

I'd say that most folks building MultiWii copters here are at least somewhat frugal but still spend lots on their projects so the extra $23 is not really a big deal is it?

And the size is only going to make a difference for those building the tiny little quads and tris that we don't see that many off anyway.

but I digress a tad,

Ray
jb92563 is offline Find More Posts by jb92563
Old May 13, 2011, 03:29 PM
aka Nigel Uno
Italia, Lazio, Monterotondo
Joined Sep 2004
363 Posts
My brand new Y6 Hexa frame parts by Alessandro Parisi aka AleBS.

Name: y6 Frame_resize.jpg
Views: 187
Size: 145.9 KB
Description:

Very nice work Alessandro!!!

Ciao

Luca
gtrick90 is offline Find More Posts by gtrick90
Old May 13, 2011, 03:31 PM
Italy, Lombardy, Brescia
Joined Dec 2008
13 Posts
Many thanks Luca
AleBS is offline Find More Posts by AleBS
Old May 13, 2011, 03:34 PM
Joined Mar 2009
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleBS View Post
Many thanks Luca
Old May 13, 2011, 03:36 PM
Joined Feb 2005
473 Posts
Nice frame! Details, man, we need details!!!
cass3825 is offline Find More Posts by cass3825
Old May 13, 2011, 03:36 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
Nice thing about the Seeeduino Mega is that you use the "power in" plug that takes between anything between 6-20 volts and uses the built in regulator to power the board, so you take power direct from the battery, not the ESC.

Honestly with all the advantages of the Mega its hard to understand why its not the primarily developed platform as the only down side is it costs $43 and is slightly bigger than the pro mini.

I'd say that most folks building MultiWii copters here are at least somewhat frugal but still spend lots on their projects so the extra $23 is not really a big deal is it?

And the size is only going to make a difference for those building the tiny little quads and tris that we don't see that many off anyway.

but I digress a tad,

Ray
I really did not "gram watch" on my first Wii build, but I will on my FPV rig. I just wanted to get in the air and see if I liked it. I was blown away at how well my wm+ only on the warthox shield worked. Now, that I know what to expect I can experiment.

I have dozens of flights with all four ESC's fully connected to the shield and let it power the Rx via the connections for roll, pitch, etc... Never had any issues or glitches.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus