HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2011, 01:59 AM
Joined Nov 2010
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt View Post
Most likely you have knocked a solder loose, re-touch all the wire/pad connections with a solder gun and try it again.
Thanks for the answer!

I checked the connections with a multimeter and held one end at the little pin on the board, and one end on the tip of the wire and every wire had a connection. I'll redo my soldering later today.

Also, my Arduino is blinking its red LED with a regular interval of about 2 seconds between the blinks when it's connected to my computer, I can't recall it doing like that before. Is there a "what does the blinking mean?"-manual anywhere? Been searching but haven't found anything relevant.
Citruz is offline Find More Posts by Citruz
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2011, 03:33 AM
Fly, Crash, Learn, Fly
France (Beaujolais-Vert)
Joined Nov 2008
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citruz View Post
Is there a "what does the blinking mean?"-manual anywhere? Been searching but haven't found anything relevant.
Yes, here: http://www.multiwiicopter.com/pages/multiwiicopter-wiki

At about 3 pages down.
AdrenaCo is offline Find More Posts by AdrenaCo
Old May 08, 2011, 07:11 AM
United States, MI, Jenison
Joined Jun 2008
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoP View Post
That's a mean looking machine (as in really good looking)! The black plastic enclosure and the way it is all layed up looks very professional.

Did you make the frame or did you buy it?
Thanks for the kind words.
I made the frame but the landing gear is from my Avertiacal View XAPCAM 2 axis camera mount.
nicnaimless is offline Find More Posts by nicnaimless
Old May 08, 2011, 09:12 AM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,919 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the answer!

I checked the connections with a multimeter and held one end at the little pin on the board, and one end on the tip of the wire and every wire had a connection. I'll redo my soldering later today.

Also, my Arduino is blinking its red LED with a regular interval of about 2 seconds between the blinks when it's connected to my computer, I can't recall it doing like that before. Is there a "what does the blinking mean?"-manual anywhere? Been searching but haven't found anything relevant.

They can meter out OK but a cold solder or loose joint will not fly, I had the same problem and after I checked for continuity they all were showing good but it wouldn't work. I went back over them with the hot solder tip it worked again.
capt is offline Find More Posts by capt
Old May 08, 2011, 09:41 AM
USA, AK, Soldotna
Joined Jan 2005
562 Posts
Quote:

The RED led is the power LED. It should not flicker or flash. Check your power setup.
pinball is offline Find More Posts by pinball
Old May 08, 2011, 10:02 AM
If it flies, I can crash it!
Naperville, IL
Joined Aug 2010
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troynh View Post
Here's my WiiM+ quad. (No NK)
Very cool Tim. Are those the 2814 Pulsos?

Doug
djdavid60 is offline Find More Posts by djdavid60
Old May 08, 2011, 12:32 PM
No thrust...It'll bust...
Troy, NH
Joined Sep 2006
4,314 Posts
Hi Doug,

Nope. 2212/34's - 10x4.7 CW-CCW APC's.

-Tim
troynh is offline Find More Posts by troynh
Old May 08, 2011, 12:50 PM
Belle Chasse Southern, Louisiana, United States
Joined Apr 2002
864 Posts
Hey Guys,

I just finished soldering up my Paris 3.0 board and all I have is the wiimotion+ soldered in right now.
I still don't have my servo wires in yet and was would likehook the board up and load a sketch and check the functions out without having a bec or a esc hooked up yet?

will it function with just the usb power for testing to see if I have everything soldered good?

Thanks,
Randy
Flyingfool is offline Find More Posts by Flyingfool
Old May 08, 2011, 12:51 PM
Joined Oct 2010
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troynh View Post
Hi Doug,

Nope. 2212/34's - 10x4.7 CW-CCW APC's.

-Tim
wow, those are pricy motors....why so expensive?
rollinolin is offline Find More Posts by rollinolin
Old May 08, 2011, 12:53 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfool View Post
Hey Guys,

I just finished soldering up my Paris 3.0 board and all I have is the wiimotion+ soldered in right now.
I still don't have my servo wires in yet and was would likehook the board up and load a sketch and check the functions out without having a bec or a esc hooked up yet?

will it function with just the usb power for testing to see if I have everything soldered good?

Thanks,
Randy
Yes, you can load the 1.7 sketch on it and check it out using the GUI... it will power the arduino, wm+, and NK. You should be able to see the graph data.
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Old May 08, 2011, 12:56 PM
It flew...nearly!
Norway
Joined Apr 2006
1,941 Posts
First, thanks to all the great work everyone has put into the Wiicopter project, it has opened up the world of copterflying to a great many people who otherwise might never have tried to fly these machines (including me).

A couple of questions:
Yesterday I test flew my Wii for the first time. I always do a control surface (or rotor response in this case) test before taking off as I have seen countless aircraft lost to reversed controls. I noticed while performing this test, on the pitch forward the tail of my Wii lifted as it should, but when I let the stick back to center, the tail seemed to stay in the air and only slowly-slowly return back down. If I need to adjust the P, I, D settings to get it to follow the stick movements, which of them is the correct one to adjust?

I see one can connect an lcd display to the ftdi port on the arduino and after some rummaging through my bitsandbobs box, I found the pictured lcd. Can I use this do you think? GND and 5V are of course used, but do I use the RS232 or TTL input?

Thanks again!
Matthew
Duck! is offline Find More Posts by Duck!
Old May 08, 2011, 02:09 PM
"Let's put a camera on that.."
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2010
1,063 Posts
Where to buy APC 10x## SF props? (CW & CCW)

So I bought some EPP 10x4.5 SF props and they're really impressive as far as lift is concerned, but I'm a bit uncomfortable with how much they flex.

I know APC makes CW&CCW 10x4.5 SF props--can anyone recommend a good store to buy them from? I'm looking for somewhere in the continental US.

OR

Is there a better prop than this? I'm using 1050 kv motors (look at this post for more info).

Thanks!
spag
spagoziak is offline Find More Posts by spagoziak
Old May 08, 2011, 02:11 PM
If it flies, I can crash it!
Naperville, IL
Joined Aug 2010
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinolin View Post
wow, those are pricy motors....why so expensive?
They are pricey but worth it. They are very smooth running motors and have a great warranty. I have three of them that I had on my T-Copter prior to going FPV and needing a lot more thrust.

Doug
djdavid60 is offline Find More Posts by djdavid60
Old May 08, 2011, 02:20 PM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined May 2005
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagoziak View Post
So I bought some EPP 10x4.5 SF props and they're really impressive as far as lift is concerned, but I'm a bit uncomfortable with how much they flex.

I know APC makes CW&CCW 10x4.5 SF props--can anyone recommend a good store to buy them from? I'm looking for somewhere in the continental US.

OR

Is there a better prop than this? I'm using 1050 kv motors (look at this post for more info).

Thanks!
spag
I bought some 10x3.8 apc's from Radicalrc.com
3DMON is offline Find More Posts by 3DMON
Old May 08, 2011, 02:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagoziak View Post

OR

Thanks!
spag
i bought mine direct from apc themselves, they shipped relatively fast and they obviously carry all of there props...

ohh and theyre outta Cali
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)