HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:15 AM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeXX View Post
I have a big problem ... and I have to solve it quickly

So far I have only flown KK, a few days ago I built multiwii (Arduino Pro Mini 328-5V/16MHz, ITG-3200 and BMA180)
soft is multiwii 1,7

and quad flies perfectly, I am thrilled how stable and reliable is in the air... perfect performance for FPV
I burned about 15 batterys on eyes to adapt to the new controller..... perfect.....

and now I put the FPV gear on the model..... sunsky 800mW video transmiter, gopro.....

and I almost get smacked in the head by quad....

multiwii does work normal, but he does not compensate anything, as there is no sensor onboard...

I crash the model luckily with no damage...

I found that only video transmitter is responsible for this, I took everything down,
as soon as the video transmitter is online and close to multiwii, multiwii loses all sensors....

Has anyone had similar problems and whether there is a simple and easy solution for this?

Thanks in advance!
did you try to power the video tx from another source / extra battery?
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:21 AM
Croatia
Joined Nov 2009
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteskind View Post
did you try to power the video tx from another source / extra battery?
I will now....

I have LC filter.....
DeXX is offline Find More Posts by DeXX
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:31 AM
Croatia
Joined Nov 2009
357 Posts
tnanks, you have saved me

double battery and the problem is solved....

so far the LC filter has worked, but it looks like now I have to carry an extra battery
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:49 AM
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Modena
Joined Mar 2009
413 Posts
Quote:
I have a big problem ... and I have to solve it quickly

So far I have only flown KK, a few days ago I built multiwii (Arduino Pro Mini 328-5V/16MHz, ITG-3200 and BMA180)
soft is multiwii 1,7

and quad flies perfectly, I am thrilled how stable and reliable is in the air... perfect performance for FPV
I burned about 15 batterys on eyes to adapt to the new controller..... perfect.....

and now I put the FPV gear on the model..... sunsky 800mW video transmiter, gopro.....

and I almost get smacked in the head by quad....

multiwii does work normal, but he does not compensate anything, as there is no sensor onboard...

I crash the model luckily with no damage...

I found that only video transmitter is responsible for this, I took everything down,
as soon as the video transmitter is online and close to multiwii, multiwii loses all sensors....

Has anyone had similar problems and whether there is a simple and easy solution for this?

Thanks in advance!
oh shxx...i will use this fpv setup with my mwc!!!
arnaldo26 is offline Find More Posts by arnaldo26
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:51 AM
Anchorage, Alaska
Joined Dec 2010
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicekilla View Post
are you actually going to be making these soon? very interesting and GREAT idea. unfortunatly I lack the experience to do so, I hope to be building a new WMP tri this summer so if you end up building these boards successfully maybe you would want to sell them as well. for a little profit of course haha let me know. anyway, good luck building!
Actually for anyone interested, I've been experimenting with designs, etching solutions and methods.
I've started a thread with pictures and a video of the etching process comming soon here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post17931369

Lony
TheLoon is offline Find More Posts by TheLoon
Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:26 PM
Croatia
Joined Nov 2009
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaldo26 View Post
oh shxx...i will use this fpv setup with my mwc!!!
Be very careful!!!

I tried FPV again......

The problem is much more complex than separate batterys

To make a long story short:

separate battery for video transmitter works, but this is a minor issue....
GoPro camera is a bigger problem....
and combination of GoPro camera recording and video link is deadly for multiwii!!!

I separated the GoPro and video link 15cm away(under) from multiwii controller and it is still a lottery.....

at any time controller can be blocked(sensors shut down the motors go crazy).....100% crash!!!
the only solution is to restart multiwii and move the GoPro and video link away about 30cm or more.....to make sure that multiwii work normal....

and this is a problem to achieve on the 50cm quad.....

just to make it clear... gopro and video link are totally separated,
no contact, wires or anything else touch or go near other electronics

I think I'll stay for now on KK for FPV..... and this problem, I need to explore a little better to be safe without crashes...
Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:30 PM
Hovership
United States, CA, Cupertino
Joined Aug 2010
980 Posts
Dexx: what frequency is your quad radio and what frequency is your video? This doesnt make sense to me.
3rdeyepro is online now Find More Posts by 3rdeyepro
Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:37 PM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Dexx, problem is 800mW and bad quality transmitter.
Everything beyond 500mW is ...... and can and will cause problems on other electronic equipment. (especially the 1,2-1,3Ghz transmitters)

I fly with 10mW 2,4GHz without problems.

I have made now the maiden test flight of my Hexa X Copter and i must say, it is not that stable as the QuadX was.
Sometimes it drifts a little bit to the front and than back.
Yaw is too not that stable as the Quad.
Currently i don't know why.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:37 PM
multicrasher
Rome, Italy
Joined Dec 2010
39 Posts
Quote:
Be very careful!!!

I tried FPV again......

The problem is much more complex than separate batterys

To make a long story short:

separate battery for video transmitter works, but this is a minor issue....
GoPro camera is a bigger problem....
and combination of GoPro camera recording and video link is deadly for multiwii!!!

I separated the GoPro and video link 15cm away(under) from multiwii controller and it is still a lottery.....

at any time controller can be blocked(sensors shut down the motors go crazy).....100% crash!!!
the only solution is to restart multiwii and move the GoPro and video link away about 30cm or more.....to make sure that multiwii work normal....

and this is a problem to achieve on the 50cm quad.....

just to make it clear... gopro and video link are totally separated,
no contact, wires or anything else touch or go near other electronics

I think I'll stay for now on KK for FPV..... and this problem, I need to explore a little better to be safe without crashes...
You can try to shield the board/sensors with some alu foil connected to the ground of the battery.
A question: how do you connected the ITG3200 and other sensors to the arduino?
Maybe decreasing the pullup resistors on the i2c bus will improve noise rejection on the bus.
toshirotamigi is offline Find More Posts by toshirotamigi
Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:52 PM
Suspended Account
AK
Joined Dec 2010
339 Posts
Just to add, there are some good post/data in this thread concerning GoPro noise in the UHF range. It seems the topic is still arguable and that the jury is still out on any definitive answer in regards to the GoPro noise. I guess the bigger question is how susceptible are our 5V/16mHz boards to RF noise?
Katabatic is offline Find More Posts by Katabatic
Last edited by Katabatic; Apr 25, 2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 02:06 PM
Croatia
Joined Nov 2009
357 Posts
I use Hitec Aurora 2,4Ghz with 9-channel receiver and 1,3GhZ video link

certainly not a problem in that... I have a lot of flight hours on this setup.....

Today's test:
if only the transmitter is turned on(on separate batteries), GoPro off..... I can fly normally...
transmitter off, GoPro on and REC off.... It is very exciting whether it will fall or not....
transmitter off, GoPro on and REC on.... 100% crash
transmitter on, GoPro on and REC on..... 100% crash (I do not know why I tried this )

I had no nerves and no time trying this out more today... but trying this is not pleasant...
even when I hold Quad firmly in the hands becouse electronics goes really crazy... full throttle

on the ground when multiwii blocks the model makes a flip or two.....
even when I add just one tooth of throttle stick....
Old Apr 25, 2011, 02:30 PM
Croatia
Joined Nov 2009
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000 View Post
Dexx, problem is 800mW and bad quality transmitter.
Everything beyond 500mW is ...... and can and will cause problems on other electronic equipment. (especially the 1,2-1,3Ghz transmitters)

I fly with 10mW 2,4GHz without problems.

I have made now the maiden test flight of my Hexa X Copter and i must say, it is not that stable as the QuadX was.
Sometimes it drifts a little bit to the front and than back.
Yaw is too not that stable as the Quad.
Currently i don't know why.

Yes, I know that the quality of a video link is questionable....
but to me this video link is very reliable.... he does interference with other much more expensive video links
but there is no noise on this link from others....
and range is very good, up to 1,5km goes smoothly

there are a few rules on the field that we learned the hard way ... like 4 and H channel overlap
You are on the fourth channel in the air and your friend comes with H channel near you, you'll see his picture.... etc...

but in general this is a good link.... of course, if you get one that works right

as I said the video link is less of a problem resolved with additional battery...

GoPro is a major problem as far as I saw today
Old Apr 25, 2011, 05:17 PM
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Modena
Joined Mar 2009
413 Posts
Quote:
I use Hitec Aurora 2,4Ghz with 9-channel receiver and 1,3GhZ video link

certainly not a problem in that... I have a lot of flight hours on this setup.....

Today's test:
if only the transmitter is turned on(on separate batteries), GoPro off..... I can fly normally...
transmitter off, GoPro on and REC off.... It is very exciting whether it will fall or not....
transmitter off, GoPro on and REC on.... 100% crash
transmitter on, GoPro on and REC on..... 100% crash (I do not know why I tried this )

I had no nerves and no time trying this out more today... but trying this is not pleasant...
even when I hold Quad firmly in the hands becouse electronics goes really crazy... full throttle

on the ground when multiwii blocks the model makes a flip or two.....
even when I add just one tooth of throttle stick....
so the problem is gopro and not the 1,2 system!
arnaldo26 is offline Find More Posts by arnaldo26
Old Apr 25, 2011, 05:22 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Umm I have the goproHD mounted on mine. No transmitting though just recording. No issues with it. I'm using a Spektrum 2.4ghz DX7 and ar6000 rx.
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old Apr 25, 2011, 05:26 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,540 Posts
I've mounted the GoPro on my Fun Cub without issues. Not sure how a device that's not tied into the aircraft's circuitry and not transmitting can cause RX interference.

What about putting your sensor board inside a metal box to shield it from the other signals?

I guess the best thing to do is range check any new setup before flying it, to avoid any crashing.
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj