Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:27 PM
Sowhere sometimes but not always
Joined Jan 2010
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalinRush View Post

I got the code for the 1.6, I will upload tommorow. I don't understand how to run the conf ver of 1.6 though. Is there an .exe for it somewhere that I am not seeing. I was looking on the google code site.

Maybe you can point me at another post where someone else asked, and I just cant find it.
Here is the code pagehttp://code.google.com/p/multiwii/source/browse/tags

Click on the version you want----- left sceen on new page click on "view raw file" and save

Del
dsmiffy is offline Find More Posts by dsmiffy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:35 PM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,417 Posts
min throttle problem

When I arm my motors they immediately go to about 1/4 throttle. I've tried all 3 esc selections and the same thing happens. End points on my Tx throttle were set so the GUI shows 1000 at low throttle to 2000 at high throttle. Running version 1.pre7.

Any ideas on what is wrong?
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:49 PM
Cherry Hill, NJ
Joined May 2005
631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather View Post
When I arm my motors they immediately go to about 1/4 throttle. I've tried all 3 esc selections and the same thing happens. End points on my Tx throttle were set so the GUI shows 1000 at low throttle to 2000 at high throttle. Running version 1.pre7.

thats the default setting... theres nothing wrong...
hauntfreaks is offline Find More Posts by hauntfreaks
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:50 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,436 Posts
Quote:

you also need to calibrate all your escs for [1000-2000]us full range.
noobee is offline Find More Posts by noobee
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:55 PM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntfreaks View Post
thats the default setting... theres nothing wrong...
The only way to stop the motors from spinning is to disarm them. Going to zero throttle, the motors are still spinning at about 1/4 power; are you say this is the way it is supposed to be?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:57 PM
Suspended Account
AK
Joined Dec 2010
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalinRush View Post
I have the same ESC's and mine are just fine. I dont think that is the problem. I bet someone has a better explaination though

I got the code for the 1.6, I will upload tommorow. I don't understand how to run the conf ver of 1.6 though. Is there an .exe for it somewhere that I am not seeing. I was looking on the google code site.

Maybe you can point me at another post where someone else asked, and I just cant find it.
Thanks for the feedback.
I don't know if I am pointing out the obvious to you, but this is how I use it:
MultiWiiConf_1_6>>application.windows>>MultiWiiCon f_1_6

It should open up as it runs native from the folder.

Edit:
BTW, what Min and Max value are you using for your ESC's?
Katabatic is offline Find More Posts by Katabatic
Last edited by Katabatic; Mar 17, 2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 09:00 PM
Joined Jan 2004
97 Posts
Quote:
The only way to stop the motors from spinning is to disarm them. Going to zero throttle, the motors are still spinning at about 1/4 power; are you say this is the way it is supposed to be?
Correct, however there is a setting in the source file to override that behavior.

The reasoning behind the minimum throttle setting (the rpm that is used when arming the motors), is that when flying, you never want any of the motors to stop spinning if the software were to command a motor to slow down past the threshold that the esc will be capable of turning that motor.
jwegman is offline Find More Posts by jwegman
Old Mar 17, 2011, 09:09 PM
Cherry Hill, NJ
Joined May 2005
631 Posts
Quote:
yep in 1.7 thats the default setting... it freaked me out the first time i used 1.7.... there is a way to rework the sketch Im sure...
Old Mar 17, 2011, 09:16 PM
Cherry Hill, NJ
Joined May 2005
631 Posts
hummm... lets try this again...

all my HK stuff came today so I was able to complete my MultiWii quad X... I was having a problem arming all my ESC's.... this is what i found... I was trying to get them to arm for over an hour... all would arm but #3... just for the hell of it i switched out the Arduino for another one I had (I made mine removable) .... and all worked fine... then I switched it out again for yet another Arduino this time a 168... and this also worked fine.... my question is do you think its a Arduino PSB problem of a firmware problem?.... oh and i did make sure the #3 pin solder joint was good... just to make sure i resoldered it
Old Mar 17, 2011, 09:36 PM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntfreaks View Post
yep in 1.7 thats the default setting... it freaked me out the first time i used 1.7.... there is a way to rework the sketch Im sure...
I lowered the esc setting on the sketch to 1000 and that fixed it for me...motors off at low stick.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 09:44 PM
Joined Jan 2004
97 Posts
Quote:
I lowered the esc setting on the sketch to 1000 and that fixed it for me...motors off at low stick.
You may want to consider uncommenting the #define MOTOR_STOP line in the sketch if you insist on the motors stopping at low stick. Alex has more info on what this does (just search this thread).
jwegman is offline Find More Posts by jwegman
Old Mar 17, 2011, 09:45 PM
Suspended Account
AK
Joined Dec 2010
339 Posts
Quote:
You can use this config parameter if you wish as well
Code:
/* motors will not spin when the throttle command is in low position */
/* this is an alternative method to stop immediately the motors */
#define MOTOR_STOP
You should be able to find it in 1.6 and 1_prebis7 that I know of.
Katabatic is offline Find More Posts by Katabatic
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:03 PM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,417 Posts
Wii Jet

Here is an F-35 I built and just started test flying. For hovering flight it is basically a Tricopter using the Wii controls for stabilization. Tonight was my first hovering flights in my basement; I haven't even tuned the pid's yet!

This is the first phase of the project; hovering flight. Next will be regular flight and then transition back and forth to hover and forward flight.

The work by Alexinparis with the Wii controls has made this possible, thank you very much Alex.

F-35 first hover.wmv (1 min 37 sec)
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:07 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,662 Posts
Quote:
Here is an F-35 I built and just started test flying. For hovering flight it is basically a Tricopter using the Wii controls for stabilization. Tonight was my first hovering flights in my basement; I haven't even tuned the pid's yet!

This is the first phase of the project; hovering flight. Next will be regular flight and then transition back and forth to hover and forward flight.

The work by Alexinparis with the Wii controls has made this possible, thank you very much Alex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bLYktpHEYw
Pretty awesome there!!!
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:08 PM
Cherry Hill, NJ
Joined May 2005
631 Posts
very cool project...