Old Mar 10, 2011, 04:55 PM
Sowhere sometimes but not always
Joined Jan 2010
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomiksvoboda View Post
02m922-62
el1039.j
I am catching up on the thread after a few days away. If someone has said this already - sorry.
The chip you have posted a picture is ITG 3205

Cheers Derek
dsmiffy is offline Find More Posts by dsmiffy
Old Mar 10, 2011, 05:25 PM
Portugal
Joined May 2010
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiliam View Post
I been messing with PID this weekend and just lowering P in roll and pitch to 3 or 2 it became flyable i think its becouse i need new props...
But, one thing i caught on video, a very big problem that happened till now some 5 times, in different conditions. I had the quad connected by wire to the pc and after the crash the graphic from the gyros was much more sensible. By just disconnecting the battery and restarted it became ok again.
By the video it seems that the front right motor stoped... Maybe esc related? My arduino duemilanove gets power from rear right esc, should i connect it to the battery directly?

The video, i am not very good with editing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuAK41OOhog

Thanks for any help...

I am sorry to quote myself but i think this is important.
Let me start by saying that my wm+ is original and also my nk (i never managed to connect nk since the start), and i tried to put 2 diodes in pin D12 but although it seemed ok in the multiwiiconf if i armed the quad and give little throttle the left rear motor started to spin like crazy and didnt even lift up, i removed the diodes and it was ok. The movie you see above represents what i think was going on, i was powering wm+ with 5v from one esc and sometimes the wm+ would get less power and the rear left motor spined it... Last sunday i connected the rx to the 5v from arduino duemilanove (so i dont burn another rx...) and started to power the arduino directly from the 3s battery. Amazingly it seems a LOT LOT better... Even with the gaui props that had many crashes till now with only wm+ its STABLE, i even tried yesterday connecting nk and its not better because it drifts with autolevel ON but it flys with it OFF, before if i connected nk it would woble like crazy and i couldnt even lift up, i think it was because nk was stealing more power and making the wm+ more unstable.
Until today, i was "trying" to fly with only wm+, and went about 10m forward, stoped it in the air, came back and when i was straiting it in front of me it flipped totally forward and broke one gaui prop. And they are strong...
Can someone give me a little hint on any way?
I have some pics over here if someone want to look at some crazy quadx...

I am going crazy with this .
kiliam is offline Find More Posts by kiliam
Old Mar 10, 2011, 05:49 PM
X-Ikarus
United Kingdom, North York
Joined Feb 2003
1,682 Posts
Many things could be wrong

but try twisting the Data and CLK leads together
this will reduce interference.

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...0022011112.jpg
Reflex1 is offline Find More Posts by Reflex1
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:08 PM
USA, AK, Soldotna
Joined Jan 2005
562 Posts
killiam: Your problem sounds close to the one I am having. I had a very stable Tri for 2 weeks and all of a sudden it started crashing randomly. It will fly great for a battery pack or two and then just randomly flip very violently. After the crash and repairs it flies find again. I currently still have more troubleshooting to do.
Planning on tethering it down, and recording a battery or two on the GUI of 'flight' just hovering in place and see if I can catch the 'event' on the GUI. That should nail down where the problem is. At least for me.

What remote are you using? I was using a DX6i, and the problems started the same time I switched to a DX8, but I also changed a few other things about the same time.
I power my arduino and Rx from one ESCs BEC, and the WM+ is powered straight from D12.

Please update us on what you find as things progress.
pinball is offline Find More Posts by pinball
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:10 PM
Portugal
Joined May 2010
245 Posts
I will try that, its just desolder 2 wires... It seems that wm+ goes crazy for a second, normally if it is ok i just put it on the ground and off he goes again...
kiliam is offline Find More Posts by kiliam
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:15 PM
Joined Mar 2011
6 Posts
warthox itīs very nice, and look my mwi, wmp+wii, itīs a machine very stable. thank you alex, greetings from spain.
palomaresdpb is offline Find More Posts by palomaresdpb
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:20 PM
X-Ikarus
United Kingdom, North York
Joined Feb 2003
1,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
killiam: Your problem sounds close to the one I am having. I had a very stable Tri for 2 weeks and all of a sudden it started crashing randomly. It will fly great for a battery pack or two and then just randomly flip very violently. After the crash and repairs it flies find again. I currently still have more troubleshooting to do.
Planning on tethering it down, and recording a battery or two on the GUI of 'flight' just hovering in place and see if I can catch the 'event' on the GUI. That should nail down where the problem is. At least for me.

What remote are you using? I was using a DX6i, and the problems started the same time I switched to a DX8, but I also changed a few other things about the same time.
I power my arduino and Rx from one ESCs BEC, and the WM+ is powered straight from D12.

Please update us on what you find as things progress.

I have had an intermittent Wmp
no Yaw correction at random

Try a Genuine Wmp if using a clone
the clones tend to have poor QC and the soldering is suspect imho.

Even a Genuine Wmp is suspect after a few crashes (Gyros can be damaged)

my 2$
Reflex1 is offline Find More Posts by Reflex1
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:28 PM
Halifax NS Canada
Joined Apr 2009
1,486 Posts
Any Multiwiiplanes here?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1393228

Jerry
eyeinsky1 is offline Find More Posts by eyeinsky1
Old Mar 10, 2011, 07:36 PM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
701 Posts
Hey guys, Im looking for pics of everyone's wiring harness for my quad. Looking for a clean way to wire up all 4 motors, leds and the Multiwii (warthox) board. I have average soldering skills and equipment. Show me what you got!

(Thanks in advance )
branflake12 is offline Find More Posts by branflake12
Old Mar 10, 2011, 08:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
i got the break apart project boards from radio shack to put my external leds and bmp085 on may may splits the bmp to another board so i can mount then in the lid of my cover
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Last edited by paintz2007; Mar 10, 2011 at 08:08 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 10, 2011, 08:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
oh and i also used a 15 watt iron from radio shack to with a fine tip and a spool of .022" silver solder
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 10, 2011, 08:11 PM
Winging it Ō>
Joined May 2006
9,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflake12 View Post
Hey guys, Im looking for pics of everyone's wiring harness for my quad. Looking for a clean way to wire up all 4 motors, leds and the Multiwii (warthox) board. I have average soldering skills and equipment. Show me what you got!

(Thanks in advance )
Here is a real simple one to solder together. A bullet connector is used as the esc disconnect...some esc's require the electronics powered up first than the esc. For a quad copter add one more jst for the fourth motor.

The leads not going through the bullet connector are for the bec and for (in my case) lights.
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather