SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:55 PM
Respect our earth !
Belgium / Europe
Joined Dec 2009
61 Posts
"I have motor shut downs with slight impacts" Me too
not realy shut down but low PPM value.

And it does not seem to be permanent. Unpluging battery solved.
After a crash due to a short pull on the nick command followed
by a loss of control.
A handheld test revieled that my Tri didn't cope with a little kick
on one arm. This generates a huge oscillation, several cm with
PPM commands that seem to go below the MINTHROTTL.

First I tough having a wrong MINTHROTTLE setup.
Logiq is offline Find More Posts by Logiq
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2010, 07:50 PM
I think my wheels fell off.
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logiq View Post
"I have motor shut downs with slight impacts"

First I tough having a wrong MINTHROTTLE setup.
Your comments just made me think..........(careful )......... If the end points for the ESC have not been callibrated.....maybe TriWii gives a throttle position below running value??? But then why do I need to disarm and rearm to get the motor to run again......Hmmmmm....time to do some tests.
Thumb_number is offline Find More Posts by Thumb_number
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:50 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
i got my wm+ today but there is only an IDG600 inside?!? does it work, too?
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:00 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,533 Posts
Markus,
That is a slightly olde version of the gyro whichis now an IDG650. They are two axis gyros, so you should actually have two of them on the board for the Wii+ to have x, y, z control.
IDG600 datasheet: http://www.dynacam3d.com/files/bibli...ef_English.pdf
Alex' site explains them well: http://radio-commande.com/internatio...copter-design/
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:16 PM
Joined Jan 2008
235 Posts
Quote:
It should work fine - you'll need to set the I2C read speed to 100khz for the idg600 on an original wmp. just comment out the second line of this code in the sketch before you load it up.

TWBR = ((16000000L / 100000L) - 16) / 2; // change the I2C clock rate to 100kHz
TWBR = ((16000000L / 400000L) - 16) / 2; // change the I2C clock rate to 400kHz
jonnyc67 is offline Find More Posts by jonnyc67
Old Sep 22, 2010, 01:41 PM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
mh, i can only find one idg600 on the board ?!?!

Old Sep 22, 2010, 02:31 PM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
ok i found it. the golden thing on the right side is an epson x3500w gyro. but i couldnt find a datasheet yet.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 02:37 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,533 Posts
Marcus,
That one is different from ones I have received. On mine there is a IDG650 on each both sides of the board. There is a wide variety of those out there I guess. I'll bet yours will still work fine though
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
ok i found it. the golden thing on the right side is an epson x3500w gyro. but i couldnt find a datasheet yet.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Sep 22, 2010, 03:08 PM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Marcus,
That one is different from ones I have received. On mine there is a IDG650 on each both sides of the board. There is a wide variety of those out there I guess. I'll bet yours will still work fine though
Cheers,
Jim
i'll hope...
Old Sep 22, 2010, 03:29 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,068 Posts
I have the same board warthox. Mine has the X3500 for the yaw gyro as well. I am having yaw issues but I believe that is related to the vibration and poor mounting. Although I'm sure the 650 is certainly more tolerant to vibrations as a whole so hard to say. If anyone can make it work, it would certainly be you
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:29 PM
Paris, France
Joined Jun 2009
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoexp View Post
@Alex
to do very fast flips/rolls like the ones that Warthok does with the kk board, maybe some changes in control code are needed.

I can do easly stall turns, high banking turns, large rolls and flips with a much heavyer and bigger quad that warthox mini quad (bilding a smaller and faster one too ), but for aerobatic purposes maybe is better to cancel interaction to other axe motors when performing full stick manouvers.

On the configurator, simulating fast back flip on the X axis, at full stick I see that the front motor is full throttle, back motor is min and the 2 Y axe motors are lower than previous point.

Perhaps this behavior helps on fast flight but limits aeobatics speed... am i right?
I see what you are thinking about.
The two other motors are below than previous point because one motor reaches the max (in this case the front). To keep the right spinning rate difference, the whole motors spinning rate are decreased. It's a ay to still have gyro correction even at full throttle.
Your concern is different I think.
In fact, even if front motor is full throttle and back motor is at min, it maybe not the case when the quad is in rotation because of the gyro limit.
I will try to implement a sort of "super sport" mode where in full stick situation (>1900 or <1100 for instance), gyro compensation is not activated any more so that the max flip rate can be achieved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc67 View Post
It should work fine - you'll need to set the I2C read speed to 100khz for the idg600 on an original wmp. just comment out the second line of this code in the sketch before you load it up.

TWBR = ((16000000L / 100000L) - 16) / 2; // change the I2C clock rate to 100kHz
TWBR = ((16000000L / 400000L) - 16) / 2; // change the I2C clock rate to 400kHz
It is no more useful in the last versions as the normal mode is set by default?

Quote:
mh, i can only find one idg600 on the board ?!?!

Don't worry, you have just bought an old original Wii Motion Plus.
It should work very well too.
Alexinparis is offline Find More Posts by Alexinparis
Old Sep 22, 2010, 05:40 PM
Italy
Joined Jun 2010
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexinparis View Post
I see what you are thinking about.
The two other motors are below than previous point because one motor reaches the max (in this case the front). To keep the right spinning rate difference, the whole motors spinning rate are decreased. It's a ay to still have gyro correction even at full throttle.
Your concern is different I think.
In fact, even if front motor is full throttle and back motor is at min, it maybe not the case when the quad is in rotation because of the gyro limit.
I will try to implement a sort of "super sport" mode where in full stick situation (>1900 or <1100 for instance), gyro compensation is not activated any more so that the max flip rate can be achieved.
Thank you Alex, anyway today i tried a differente PID setup to speed up aerobatics.
I sacrificed stability and lowered the P gain to half the value i had.... and the results were astonishing! Almost endless flips on both axis possible, easy funnels, much faster jaw and very steep turn. Tried also the fast reverse descent and was incredibly smooth and controlled (10x4,7 props act as better brakes in reverse). Stable mode was even better, with low p gain (4, instead of 8)
Tomorrow some friends will shot a new video to show how good this thing is flying now! A bit slower than expected in fast pass (high drag from the bigger props, i think) but at least as agile as warthox one.

I am looking forward to a "super sport mode" and maybe at the possibility to switch between two or three different set of PID values, to have a slow but stable machine when you want to do fpv or aerial photography and an extreme acrobatic quad when you want to unleash the beast
jhoexp is online now Find More Posts by jhoexp
Old Sep 23, 2010, 01:00 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,068 Posts
Well I've moved on to a quad board. I tried the tricopter because Alex stated he only wanted to leave it as a tri but now that it has expanded I'm going back.

Frame started tonight, just a couple of cut down towel rods mounted to some plexiglass. Will start mounting the motors and wire it all up tomorrow maybe, as I only work on it at work. The whole thing is rediculously light. I'll be sticking the GoPro underneath and making some landing gear up for it. Not bad for a 16 dollar total investment in the frame.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Sep 23, 2010, 08:24 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Anyone flying Quad X config with 1.2b software?

What are your PID values for Yaw in quad config. I am having issues getting good yaw stabilisation!
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2010, 09:15 AM
FPV Junkie
somewhere in space
Joined Aug 2006
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420RcPilot View Post
Anyone flying Quad X config with 1.2b software?

What are your PID values for Yaw in quad config. I am having issues getting good yaw stabilisation!
P=6 i = stock (-0,03) , D= 15 wmp only

flying very well, check vibrarion

good luck
tazdevil is offline Find More Posts by tazdevil