HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:42 AM
France, Ile-de-France, Rambouillet
Joined Dec 2008
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrouts View Post
in my Crius Lite, MWC 2.3 runs like a charm...

Sakis
Hi,

Would you be please a bit more cooperative. If for you it works, it is a nice news but how to help others to solve their bugs? This forum is dedicated to people to exchange experience and to help reciprocally.

Georges
Georges41 is offline Find More Posts by Georges41
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2014, 04:39 AM
I love my HammerHead wing...
Joined Jun 2012
659 Posts
Hmm....
But because I want to help I got into trouble to post that my Crius Lite is working.
I did not think of it in any other way. Just to inform you that the lite version is working with mwc 2.3 so you should try another solution to get yours to work.
But thank you for reminding me something that I already know and totally respect.

Moving on...

Select duemilenova like you said, but first wipe the eeprom clear by running the coresponding example sketch included in the arduino software.

Other than that, disconnect EVERYTHING from your FC and leave only the USB connected while programming.

Sakis
sgrouts is offline Find More Posts by sgrouts
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2014, 04:41 AM
Joined Jun 2012
659 Posts
... and another detail.
After flashing the FC connect it via USB to your PC and run the GUI 2.3.
In the GUI you HAVE to Reset the gyros initially to get the board going...

Sakis

P.S what sensor board do you unquote (activate) in your config.h before flashing?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2014, 02:04 PM
me, right now.
United States, NC, Clayton
Joined Nov 2009
498 Posts
Crashes!

While slowly flying around almost completely level, my quad will start severe roll oscillations and crash. Some times a wind gust will set it off, other times it will just start tipping back and forth or front and back, then slam into the ground.... I'm amazed how rigid this ifly-4 frame is. I have some foam over the barometer.

Any ideas on why it would start tipping so violently?
hooligan russ is offline Find More Posts by hooligan russ
Last edited by hooligan russ; Feb 19, 2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 04:13 PM
USA, AK, Soldotna
Joined Jan 2005
562 Posts
I had one quad do something similar. It would fly ok for awhile but suddenly would drop an arm or oscillate front left to rear right. Turned out to be ESCs that just wouldn't play nice with the FC. I was using a mix of turnigy plush 10amp and turnigy plush 6amp controllers. The 6 amps were fine but the 10 amps would just wig out. Usually after a minor course correction or a small throttle pump.

Your situation sounds pretty close to the same.
pinball is offline Find More Posts by pinball
Old Feb 19, 2014, 04:30 PM
If it flies, I can crash it!
Naperville, IL
Joined Aug 2010
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
I had one quad do something similar. It would fly ok for awhile but suddenly would drop an arm or oscillate front left to rear right. Turned out to be ESCs that just wouldn't play nice with the FC. I was using a mix of turnigy plush 10amp and turnigy plush 6amp controllers. The 6 amps were fine but the 10 amps would just wig out. Usually after a minor course correction or a small throttle pump.

Same here.... Bad ESC.....
djdavid60 is online now Find More Posts by djdavid60
Old Feb 19, 2014, 04:39 PM
Doing stuff since 1902.
France, RA, Grenoble
Joined Dec 2004
2,498 Posts
Or could be the "I" rate that's too high ?
I would try to lower the P a bit, and the I much more.
Olivier_C is offline Find More Posts by Olivier_C
Old Feb 19, 2014, 06:38 PM
me, right now.
Joined Nov 2009
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post

That is exactly what mine is doing. Major throttle fluctuations seem to cause the problem, Its stable under steady with consistent power. How were you able to isolate the problematic esc? Or did you just replace them all?

I tried lowering the P, I'm using the stock "I" settings for pitch and roll of 0.030. Should I reduce them more?
Last edited by hooligan russ; Feb 20, 2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 07:26 PM
me, right now.
Joined Nov 2009
498 Posts
Min throttle command is the key! Fixed my wobble quad by adjusting the Minimum throttle command setting in the GUI so that the props slowly spin when the board is armed.

This crius 2.5 has been exhausting. I've had some issues with some random
wobble / instability / oscillations that always result in a crash. I static
balanced the props, and I've replaced everything but my motors (including the
FC), and still have the same issue. I changed the low pass filtering for the
ITG3200 & ITG3205 to 20HZ and reduced the "P" for pitch and roll to 2.5 and
changed the "D" to 50. But still, sometimes during flight, the quad woul start
to oscillate violently and crash.

But not anymore!!

Thanks for the help guys. I just want to post this as a reference for others in the future with similar problems.
Last edited by hooligan russ; Mar 28, 2014 at 04:34 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 03:42 PM
Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Joined Dec 2007
90 Posts
Hi Russ It couldn't be something like a battery brown-out? where the battery volts go below what is ideal for a very short time throwing control out of whack.
I had something similar on a 2nd hand 500 normal Heli, where the guy I purchased it from had the Esc 5V going to the radio and Gyro, but also had a UBEC doing the same, both into the radio. This resulted in a nasty glitch which powered the heli into a hedge.
When I chopped out the Esc 5V, leaving the UBEC only all the problems went.
With a quad you could have 4 lots of 5V supply rails from Esc's going to the radio, assuming they all have a 5V reg on board, personally I don't let this happen, as the 5V regs can sometimes fight each other, if they are not very closely matched (unlikely)
I think you said it could happen when apply a lot stick to the quad? which equates to a high current burst, these can throw spanners in the works, without really leaving many clues as to why it happened?
A gust of wind will tell the FC to apply more power to some motors, this could also equate to a power surge on the system?
I'm just looking at from the perspective of an electronic engineer.
It could also be noise on data lines or power lines? I've seen dry solder joints do weird stuff also, which mess up only on hi-current bursts?
Ooops this has gone on a bit, time for dinner and beers... I hope you can sort it out..
Steve
HeliEye is offline Find More Posts by HeliEye
Old Apr 06, 2014, 05:43 AM
Nantes, France
Joined Jan 2011
20 Posts
Can someone please explain to me about multiwii boards, my head is all over the place try to get a grip with all this terminology and versions.

I have a KK2 board setup and flying on a quad and would like to build another but want to add features like alt hold RTL etc. so have been looking at multiwii boards.

There seems to be so many different multiwii boards with different firmware, is it possible someone could do a brief list of what each one does

I have been looking at the multiwii megapirate board on hk, but confussed as to why features are listed as multiwii then megapirate, is megapirate a firmware on the multiwii board? do you use both or one or the other?
I also see listed a multiwii pro with gps but has no features listed.

Sorry for the stupid questions but you have to learn someway
jetrichie is offline Find More Posts by jetrichie
Old Apr 06, 2014, 06:55 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
962 Posts
Jetrichie - Not an expert by far but start here. Do not know about shipping but Paul can't be beat.

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Apr 06, 2014, 11:35 AM
Bleriot's R Us
Ireland, Donegal
Joined Nov 2003
1,002 Posts
What about the Multiwii website
xairflyer is offline Find More Posts by xairflyer
Old Apr 06, 2014, 11:43 AM
Nantes, France
Joined Jan 2011
20 Posts
Thanks for link, I am looking for info more than suppliers

None of them seem to tell you what the boards actually do, from what I can see there is nothing on the multiwii site telling you features of each different board.
If the KK board could come up with another one that had all the gps functions, RTL. postion hold, follow me mode etc it would be so much easier
jetrichie is offline Find More Posts by jetrichie
Old Apr 07, 2014, 05:27 AM
Joined Jun 2012
659 Posts
Jetrichie,
Yes, like you said megapirate is a version of fc firmware.
I personally stick to the original mwc arduino code.
You must buy at least an atmega 328 fc board. More expensive and with more serial ports is the 2560.
Other than that you get the newest code from the official MWC site and you start experimenting.
Some prefer to buy a fc board with magnetometer and baro installed, others want a bare fc and use an external board.
Both the 328 and the 2560 support Pos Hold and RTH as standard.
Of course you must have GPS, baro and magnetometer (compass)

Sakis
RCG Plus Member