HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:45 PM
Emress
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Nov 2011
1,934 Posts
exactly! if you dont use acc, you could put the FC anywhere. just as long as it is secured.
sirbow2 is offline Find More Posts by sirbow2
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:13 PM
Italy, Lombardia, Rovato
Joined Jun 2011
173 Posts
DF LED_RING problem!

Hi guys!
After searching and searching lots of threads,i find myself writing this post. I am using the AIO Pro v1.1 board with ublox gps and 2.1 software.Now i defined the ledring and using the address 0x6D for the I2C communication all worked well,with the original version.
Now i wanted to switch to the alternative and update version and all got messy.I changed the LED.ino in the multiwii schetch,and changed the ledring in the ring board too,using the new address 0xDA as Shikra says on the both schetches,but it seems to not work,and i get continuous I2C errors.I try'd using the old address 0x6D on both boards but it is the same.
Anyone can point me in the right direction please.....

Thank you
Daniel
DexterIt is offline Find More Posts by DexterIt
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined May 2010
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyusers View Post
The way I understand physics is that if you want an efficient and agile quadcopter it is wise to design it having the center of trust close to the center of gravity. That way, the motors will be used at their best perfomance. They are compensating for gravity and the resulting force should be as far as it is possible opposed to the weight that applies to the CoG. If it is not the case, one motor or the other will have to overcompensate (the FC is design for that aim) and the control domain shall be reduced (one motor will reach its limit before the others).
The placement of sensors is something different. If you want to read the real acceleration of the mobile (the acceleration of its CoG) you should put the acc right on the CoG. If it is not the case, you will read an acceleration that will be mixed with some rotational acceleration effect the greater the distance to CoG, the bigger the error. But the point is irrelevant if you dont use level control.
You have confirmed my thoughts
Thanks
aSa2 is offline Find More Posts by aSa2
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:15 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2012
378 Posts
wonder if anyone can help me,

i've got a paris v4 board running 2.1 on my rcexplorer style tri, was flying great and logging some good fpv flying with it till the turnigy(digi) servo took a dump after a brush with the ground,

replaced it with a hitec 85mg(analog) and i can't get it off the ground without it going into a flat spin of death,

tried clearing eeprom and reloading sketch and playing with rates and pids and servo refresh rates but all has the same result, uncontrollable yaw spin,

servo doesn't seem to center that well in the GUI, i'm lost with it and don't really want to buy another servo,

the tri flys perfectly with the hitec if i switch out the paris for the KK2 board from my quad,

the paris flys my quad perfectly as well if i switch it over also so the board seems fine in that regard.

servo is fed from it's own bec.

any ideas appreciated
jimbob69 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob69
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:04 PM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,418 Posts
you need to upload new sketch with the yaw bit ammended
search tricopter in the config.h - and change the option
#define YAW_DIRECTION 1
or
#define YAW_DIRECTION -1
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:08 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2012
378 Posts
Done that shikra, either way results in zero yaw control, very frustrating,

The only reason I'm trying to keep the Paris on tree is I have the GPS pod which is nice for fpv range problems,

I've got a cc3d looking for a home though so might retire the wii to another toy instead.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:15 AM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
ok... i'm lost...
trying to tune my quad, but it keeps on having a slight wobble.. like it hangs on a rope or something..
eve with the PIDs for pitch and roll all the way to MAX (P20,0 I 0,250 D100) all i get is a slow wobble when trying to move. nothing aggressive.. just very slow..

i am using the HK multiwii 328P board
quad is 52CM motor to motor
hobbywing 20A Skywalker esc (not flashed)
emax 1000KV
9X4.7 props

quad flew great with FreeFlight.

anyone any ideas?
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:56 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Mar 2008
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob69 View Post
...turnigy(digi) servo took a dump...
replaced it with a hitec 85mg(analog) ...
Might this have something to do with the servo center value?
I believe I've seen it a while back when getting my gimbal to work, but not sure if this relates to tri (yaw) servo's.
So servo refresh lowest Hz, redefine endpoints, just having a wild guess here.
shufflez is offline Find More Posts by shufflez
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:16 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Mar 2008
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcommando View Post
ok... i'm lost...
trying to tune my quad, but it keeps on having a slight wobble.. like it hangs on a rope or something..
eve with the PIDs for pitch and roll all the way to MAX (P20,0 I 0,250 D100) all i get is a slow wobble when trying to move. nothing aggressive.. just very slow..
Hi Dutch,

What happens on the default PID's? I believe the D value has been inverted in earlier versions of the software. Maybe try decreasing D helps in your case. On one of my quads lowering D has immediate effect... Are you testing with or without Stable/Level/Horizon mode?
Shikra has written up an excellent PID tuning guide by the way! With those PID's does it fly at all, or only wobble on stick input?

BTW; Can you check vibrations to the sensors in GUI? Maybe you can try some lowpass filters, but I suggest you first get your quad as vibration-free physically as possible before adding software filtering.
shufflez is offline Find More Posts by shufflez
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:53 PM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shufflez View Post
Hi Dutch,

What happens on the default PID's? I believe the D value has been inverted in earlier versions of the software. Maybe try decreasing D helps in your case. On one of my quads lowering D has immediate effect... Are you testing with or without Stable/Level/Horizon mode?
Shikra has written up an excellent PID tuning guide by the way! With those PID's does it fly at all, or only wobble on stick input?

BTW; Can you check vibrations to the sensors in GUI? Maybe you can try some lowpass filters, but I suggest you first get your quad as vibration-free physically as possible before adding software filtering.
thanks for your reply.
with the pids all the way to max it actually flies.. it just has a wobble. which increases the more i keep on holding the stick. if i try to fly forward the woble increases the longer i keep the stick forward.
it is rock solid in acro mode.
in stable mode the pids come into play and.. well... nothing changes with moving the pids way up or down.. maybe i'll go back to a lower MWII version..

thanks for the link, i'll be reading that!
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:41 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2012
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shufflez View Post
Might this have something to do with the servo center value?
I believe I've seen it a while back when getting my gimbal to work, but not sure if this relates to tri (yaw) servo's.
So servo refresh lowest Hz, redefine endpoints, just having a wild guess here.
Thanks shufflez
Got a few hours to play today so will have a look at those ideas.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:21 AM
Who put that tree there?!?!
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Jan 2011
249 Posts
i mounted my HM5883l on the underside of the paris v4 board. now do i change the orientation variables via config.h or the sensors file??? also do i have to put a negative on all values x,y,z or just y,z since x is pointed in the correct direction but just flipped upside down.

how do i enable mag and baro with a dx6i? the acc (selfleveling is set for the gyro switch). i can enable them through the gui.
jabu32 is online now Find More Posts by jabu32
Last edited by jabu32; Nov 16, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:40 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcommando View Post

in stable mode the pids come into play and.. well... nothing changes with moving the pids way up or down.. maybe i'll go back to a lower MWII version..

thanks for the link, i'll be reading that!
Just a thought...

How is the board mounted. I have soft mounted and hard mounted boards.
My best results are with boards that are solidly mounted. I have had drifting with soft mounting of the boards.
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:21 PM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob69 View Post
wonder if anyone can help me,

i've got a paris v4 board running 2.1 on my rcexplorer style tri, was flying great and logging some good fpv flying with it till the turnigy(digi) servo took a dump after a brush with the ground,

replaced it with a hitec 85mg(analog) and i can't get it off the ground without it going into a flat spin of death,

tried clearing eeprom and reloading sketch and playing with rates and pids and servo refresh rates but all has the same result, uncontrollable yaw spin,

servo doesn't seem to center that well in the GUI, i'm lost with it and don't really want to buy another servo,

the tri flys perfectly with the hitec if i switch out the paris for the KK2 board from my quad,

the paris flys my quad perfectly as well if i switch it over also so the board seems fine in that regard.

servo is fed from it's own bec.

any ideas appreciated
Easy to check this, the servo should tilt the motor prop away from the direction of rotation of yaw. Just hold the TRi in your hand and rotate it while watching the servo, if it tilts in the direction of rotation it is reversed and can be fixed in the code or TX or both.
capt is offline Find More Posts by capt
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:12 AM
Who put that tree there?!?!
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Jan 2011
249 Posts
how do i test in the GUI if the BARO is working correctly?

is there a way to add a lcd to my board?

if i roll to the right should my acc roll increase?
jabu32 is online now Find More Posts by jabu32
Last edited by jabu32; Nov 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM.