SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:15 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,529 Posts
#define OCTOFLATP #define DROTEK_10DOF_MPU// #define MINCOMMAND 1000 #define A32U4ALLPINS #define HWPWM6
Solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
Hi,

Try to get some help, and post on atmega32u4 related threads so somebody could possibly help me out.

I did some further measurements to try to understand why the Drofly, which is also based on the ATmega32u4 and "thus" similar to the "MicroWii.. ATmega32u4 Based 10DOF MultiWii FC"

4+2 Rx channel inputs,
I set only these from a original multiwii version 2.1 config :
#define OCTOFLATP
#define DROTEK_10DOF_MPU//
#define MINCOMMAND 1000
#define A32U4ALLPINS

Compile, check in the GUI=> ok octocopter
Mesure with a oscilloscope and i expect to have 1000µSec on the pins 11,10,13, 5, A2, 6, A3, 9
I mesure 1000 µSec on the pins : 9,6,5,10,A2,A3; 1043µSec on the pin 13 ; nothing sur 12,11,A1,A2,A5

//#define HEX6X
GUI=> ok hexacopterX
expect 1000µSec on the pins 6,10,11, 9, 5, 13
I mesure 1000 µSec on the pins : 9,6,5,10,A2; 1043µSec on the pin 13 ; nothing on 12,11,A1,A2,A3,A5

//#define QUADX
GUI=> ok quadricopterX
expect 1000µSec sur les pins 6,10, 9, 5
I mesure 1000 µSec on the pins : 9,6,5,10; ok but still 1043µSec on the pin 13 ; nothing on 12,11,A1,A2,A3,A5

#define OCTOFLATP
#define DROTEK_10DOF_MPU//
#define MINCOMMAND 1000
//#define A32U4ALLPINS
expect 1000µSec sur les pins 11,10,13, 5, A2, 6, A3, 9
I mesure 1000 µSec sur les pins : 9,6,5,10,A1,A2,A3; 1043µSec on the pin 13 ; nothing on 12,11,A3,A5

I don't get it! And always 1043 on the pin 13?

Thanks for help,
manu
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:27 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,825 Posts
Hi All,

I have receive my first batch of the "Flip MWC" from Witespy yesterday.
So this morning i soldered the pins (while taking the morning cofee...)

Open Arduino IDE and MultiWii 2.1
Define "#define FLYDUINO_MPU"
And in a minute i had a perfecly working MWC...!!

Flip MWC - Witespy flight controller - First test (0 min 23 sec)
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:47 AM
I = V/R
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
Last night I had an idea while working on the components for my new multiwii setup. I have long been working with electronics and automotive engine management systems and have a few spare parts boards laying around. I decided to try and interface with the atmospheric pressure sensor from a OBD1 Honda engine computer. I could not find a datasheet on it so I desoldered it and attached some perfboard and wires and turned on the scope.

I discovered it is supplied by 5v and at rest here in florida I get right at 3 volts out. When lightly blowing and sucking on the sensor I was getting deflections of 500 milivolt of pressure and 1.5v drop with vacuum. I still need to compare to the sensors most of you are using for altitude but so far it seems slightly promising.

I'm still now using a KK board but hope to attach the sensor hooked to an arduino and fly up and do some data logging to check its sensitivity to small pressure changes. Perhaps an op-amp will be required.

How much of a voltage sweep is typical for sensors used by the software?

Edit: So I'm finding nearly all of these common sensors are I2C, Using just a set of wii acc/gyro is there any ability to use an analog signal for altitude hold? I'm really not very good with coding yet.
Tw34k is offline Find More Posts by Tw34k
Last edited by Tw34k; Nov 10, 2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:29 PM
UH-60 Blackhawk Mechanic
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Feb 2004
2,900 Posts
Aright guys, I finally got my FTDI in! I was able to hookup to the computer and upload my sketch without any problems. now I am ready to put this thing on my tricopter. problem is when I search multiwii cruis se to find the wiring diagram to hook it up to my rx my board looks different than others. please see my pictures. my pins are labeled as follows.

D12
D3
D9
D10
D11
D5
D6
A0
A1
A2

I would love to get this thing hooked up. thanks guys! on a side note, I also got my copter control board in today, I gotta get good with this multiwii and show my buddy up! he keeps saying multiwii is too complicated

Also, I downloaded the multiwii 2.1 code onto this board. Is that right?
helifrek is offline Find More Posts by helifrek
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:37 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
Hi All,

I have receive my first batch of the "Flip MWC" from Witespy yesterday.
So this morning i soldered the pins (while taking the morning cofee...)

Open Arduino IDE and MultiWii 2.1
Define "#define FLYDUINO_MPU"
And in a minute i had a perfecly working MWC...!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33JzCMcKUOM
great news. you got them faster then I thought. They fly awesome. thank you Multiwii (alex, + contributors) and MPU6050.

ReadytoFlyquad Flip nation (3 min 59 sec)
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:42 PM
Multicopter Addict
Southwest Minnesota
Joined Feb 2010
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifrek View Post
Aright guys, I finally got my FTDI in! I was able to hookup to the computer and upload my sketch without any problems. now I am ready to put this thing on my tricopter. problem is when I search multiwii cruis se to find the wiring diagram to hook it up to my rx my board looks different than others. please see my pictures. my pins are labeled as follows.

D12
D3
D9
D10
D11
D5
D6
A0
A1
A2

I would love to get this thing hooked up. thanks guys! on a side note, I also got my copter control board in today, I gotta get good with this multiwii and show my buddy up! he keeps saying multiwii is too complicated

This should help you out. Found on youtube

Connecting Up Multiwii Crius SE Multicopter Board (9 min 21 sec)
braindead4554 is offline Find More Posts by braindead4554
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:28 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifrek View Post

D12
D3
D9
D10
D11
D5
D6
A0
A1
A2

www.multiwii.com
You will find pinout in connection page.
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:02 PM
UH-60 Blackhawk Mechanic
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Feb 2004
2,900 Posts
finally found a picture. YAY!!!
helifrek is offline Find More Posts by helifrek
Last edited by helifrek; Nov 11, 2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:45 AM
Joined Feb 2011
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead4554 View Post
This should help you out. Found on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy0czs6fhVQ
Hey thats my video, but it is for the older bigger crius se board. I just got the smaller one myself and i found the setup sheet in the files section at hobby king.
Looks like you found it too. Why dont these things ever come with instructions !!

If you scroll to the bottom here you can see which motors plug in where and what direction they need to spin
http://www.multiwii.com/connecting-elements
jbalat is online now Find More Posts by jbalat
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:57 AM
Joined Mar 2011
105 Posts
Hey guys,
New video from my MultiWii Hexa!
FPV - Elements - Flown with DragonLink! (3 min 4 sec)
Exyator is offline Find More Posts by Exyator
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:47 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,892 Posts
someone have a video to show us how to calibrate compas?
i have lots of problem with it (my quad become crazy if i switch on my compas...others mode are perfect)
titeuf007 is offline Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:21 AM
Österreich, Niederösterr., Haschendorf
Joined Jan 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007 View Post
someone have a video to show us how to calibrate compas?
i have lots of problem with it (my quad become crazy if i switch on my compas...others mode are perfect)
Quite an easy task... In the GUI press the button 'Calib MAG' and rotate your copter complete on every axis for 30 seconds! (x, y, z) OR: Use the stick combination and do it wothout the GUI! (PDF attached)

If this does not help, try to move the MAG board as far away as possible from PWM lines! (ESCs)

Hope it helps,

Peter
reinhpe is offline Find More Posts by reinhpe
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:23 AM
Joined Feb 2011
771 Posts
Just wanted to show you guys my latest h-quad build for a friend.

It actually uses the new smaller crius se board, dt750's, hkss18a escs and a nanotech 2650 battery. it is constructed from 4 pieces of 60cm long aluminium angle section, upper and lower shear web is from coreflute and filled with expanding foam. The canopy is 2mm opaque coreflute. The plan is to fly over water and film people surfing so it had to be boyant in case anything went wrong.

The frame on its own was about 440gm. All up weight with battery but no gopro is 1380gm

Just from a small test flight at 11pm in the driveway it seems very stable. I want to program head free, mag, baro, etc, since the guy has no flying experience at all.

BTW just purchased the banggood v939, absolutely the best flight simulator ever.
jbalat is online now Find More Posts by jbalat
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined May 2010
237 Posts
Sensor placement

Hello,
could someone, please, clarify me about sensor placement rules on the frame?

Is it ok if sensors are positioned on CoG regardless that CoG is not in the physical center of the frame or do they have to match?

Can I use the place No2 on photo for sensors if I match CoG to that place?

Thanks

aSa2 is offline Find More Posts by aSa2
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:29 AM
Paris
Joined Dec 2010
175 Posts
The way I understand physics is that if you want an efficient and agile quadcopter it is wise to design it having the center of trust close to the center of gravity. That way, the motors will be used at their best perfomance. They are compensating for gravity and the resulting force should be as far as it is possible opposed to the weight that applies to the CoG. If it is not the case, one motor or the other will have to overcompensate (the FC is design for that aim) and the control domain shall be reduced (one motor will reach its limit before the others).
The placement of sensors is something different. If you want to read the real acceleration of the mobile (the acceleration of its CoG) you should put the acc right on the CoG. If it is not the case, you will read an acceleration that will be mixed with some rotational acceleration effect the greater the distance to CoG, the bigger the error. But the point is irrelevant if you dont use level control.
happyusers is offline Find More Posts by happyusers