HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2010, 03:54 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,671 Posts
Alex, you are way fast.....guess you just gave me a another reason to pick up the pace and my soldering iron

Thanks for sharing!

Jussi
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2010, 05:15 PM
Joined Mar 2007
484 Posts
Thanks a bunch Alex.

I had been trying BaronPilot because of the NU connection, but that system just is too awkward and unreliable with switches and no GUI to use, so this will be great now and I look forward to many great flights with this version..The non-nunchuk version has had many flights on my tri now so this extra axis control enhancement is very much appreciated.

Jim
JimnAz is offline Find More Posts by JimnAz
Old Aug 17, 2010, 08:02 PM
I think my wheels fell off.
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
Really great news Alex. Will start on this very soon.

Thanks.
Thumb_number is offline Find More Posts by Thumb_number
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:49 PM
Joined Mar 2007
484 Posts
Hye Alex,

I just ran the new code on my WMP only tri. Thank you very much for the smoother yaw servo response. The new GUI is also outstanding.

Thank you again.

Jim
JimnAz is offline Find More Posts by JimnAz
Old Aug 18, 2010, 04:21 AM
FPV Junkie
somewhere in space
Joined Aug 2006
675 Posts
Well good job,

try it today I hope , I put the imu on my shredikette

are U happy with it in flight ?

I modified your guy for xbee programming @ 38400, will augment to 57600 soon 115200 is not working properly

will test is soon with acc

the choice of the baudrate on the gui could be cool, I use xbee for tuning the triwii

stable mode is actived by aux1 ?

for 1 -1 invertion , it's cool , you should do the same thing for motor left and right
cause I must do the inversion with another type of original Wmp, the dark green one.
this wmp have diferent gain on the two axe , but now the Gain on the axis are the same, don't now why..? maybe a calibration has been performed first time using wmp I don't know, very strange, still not working @ 400 khz

cool , I'm happy
tazdevil is offline Find More Posts by tazdevil
Last edited by tazdevil; Aug 18, 2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 06:45 PM
South korea
Joined Dec 2003
209 Posts
Thanks,Alex for your support.
I'll do it ASAP.

Yun.
wland is offline Find More Posts by wland
Old Aug 18, 2010, 08:46 PM
I think my wheels fell off.
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
Hi Alex,

Have done some bench testing with the acc on board. Strange thing I have noticed is the when the acc is activated using ch5, it is behaving as I would expect, however the left motor does not seem to receive the correct information.

If the tri rolls to the right, the right motor speed increases
If I pitch tri nose up, the rear motor speed increases.
If I roll tri left, very little (if any) increase in left motor speed.
If I push tri nose down, right motor speed increases, left motor again very little increase in speed.

I have calibrated on level ground, and also using the yaw stick left and down command. When I turn Acc off, all the motors (and stabilization) are working as they should. I didn't have much time to play, but I'm sure all connections are good, and the Acc is orientated correctly

I will have a play using the GUI as soon as I get some more time, but thought I would let you know what I experienced so far. Maybe I do something wrong?

Thanks again for your great work on this design.

George.
Thumb_number is offline Find More Posts by Thumb_number
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:59 AM
Paris, France
Joined Jun 2009
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb_number View Post
Hi Alex,

Have done some bench testing with the acc on board. Strange thing I have noticed is the when the acc is activated using ch5, it is behaving as I would expect, however the left motor does not seem to receive the correct information.

If I push tri nose down, right motor speed increases, left motor again very little increase in speed.

I have calibrated on level ground, and also using the yaw stick left and down command. When I turn Acc off, all the motors (and stabilization) are working as they should. I didn't have much time to play, but I'm sure all connections are good, and the Acc is orientated correctly

I will have a play using the GUI as soon as I get some more time, but thought I would let you know what I experienced so far. Maybe I do something wrong?

George.
Thank your for your feedback.
I think you did everything normally. I recheck the code and don't see any reasons why the left correction might be weaker.
Let's wait for the curves in the GUI to see what happen.

Quote:
stable mode is actived by aux1 ?
Yes, exactly. this is what I call channel 5.

Quote:
the choice of the baudrate on the gui could be cool, I use xbee for tuning the triwii
I will put a #define statement in the code for this.

For all: there are many different and possible associations with triwii + specific WM+ + specific NK. I only tested one association: mine
Some combinations might not work very well.
So before testing the integration of a NK, please do some tests in hands before flying to "feel" the right correction.
Alexinparis is offline Find More Posts by Alexinparis
Old Aug 19, 2010, 04:49 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
152 Posts
hi,
thanks for sharing this great project.
one quick question:
does the code require an arduino with Atmega328 or will it also work on an Atmega168-based arduino?
OpticalFlow is offline Find More Posts by OpticalFlow
Old Aug 19, 2010, 05:28 AM
FPV Junkie
somewhere in space
Joined Aug 2006
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb_number View Post
Hi Alex,

George.
HI alex , thanx for the feed back

I have exactly the same problem with left motor

I put 0,1 instaead of 1 in acc value seem to work better , try to test it in flight in a few minute, give feed back this afternoon

what are you acc value

I'have got the original WMP and nunchunk sensor white nintendo one
It was working good on aeroquad.

lets see in flight
Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:59 AM
Paris, France
Joined Jun 2009
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticalFlow View Post
hi,
thanks for sharing this great project.
one quick question:
does the code require an arduino with Atmega328 or will it also work on an Atmega168-based arduino?
Hi,
The first versions were small enough to run on a 168. (around 12 or 13k)

The code size of the current version is now too big (around 19k). If your programming skill is good enough, there is however a way to suppress LCD/GUI/EEPROM code (not useful to fly) and fix values so that the code size could fit on a 168.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 09:02 AM
Paris, France
Joined Jun 2009
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil View Post
I have exactly the same problem with left motor

I put 0,1 instaead of 1 in acc value seem to work better , try to test it in flight in a few minute, give feed back this afternoon

what are you acc value
I will recheck it tonight and try to make a video.
I can fly with a acc strength correction of 1.0 without problem. At 0.1, there is nearly no acc influence.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 09:41 AM
FPV Junkie
somewhere in space
Joined Aug 2006
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexinparis View Post
I will recheck it tonight and try to make a video.
I can fly with a acc strength correction of 1.0 without problem. At 0.1, there is nearly no acc influence.

After flight report

not so good than gyro only version for now

few questions :

I need to decrase the P gain at 1.5 (original was 4.5 for having a non oscillating tricpoter, but after correction are to long

I'm working @ 100kz , is acc + wmp are not enough refreched in 100K ?

can't work @ 400kz, Alex could you do a test with you original setting with changing only 400k to 100k mode to see if oscillation apear ?

when engaging acc mode, with 0.1 gain, 1 gain cause motor left going to slow
then I put the tri @ 45 degrée and put the pitch stick @ 0, I can see the tri do from 45 deg to Zero deg in 2 or 3 second, but after It continu to do a loop... slowly hopefully

so is the calibration of the accelerometre is good done @ startup ?

why left motor go done with 1 gain when stable mode is engage

I think that acc calibration procedure don't working fine for now(supposition). my imu is working fine with aeroquad, and there is no vibration on it

any Idea Alex ?

thxs

ps have you a link to buy good copy of the wmp and nunchunk who work @ 400 khz ?

I heard that is we put 3.3 k ohm resisto on original wmp it work @ 400 khz, some one as test it ?.

thxs
Old Aug 19, 2010, 03:59 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,072 Posts
I've been following this thread closely since I have one of these copters, how did I miss that there was nunchuk support now? Dang it looks like I need to go out and buy a NK now. Thanks Alex and all the others helping with troubleshooting!
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Aug 19, 2010, 04:58 PM
South korea
Joined Dec 2003
209 Posts
I tested nunchurk.
but values are weired.
please, watch vid.

test again.avi (0 min 37 sec)
wland is offline Find More Posts by wland