HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:27 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy0933 View Post
yeah.. i've thought about getting a imu... but at that price i'd rather getting a aio pro.. about the same price... but better board at some point... one thing i like about paris board i have is the gel thing between fc and sensor boards.. that does pretty good job on damping.... AIO and other integrated boards... I got no idea how to do the same thing to eliminate vib

thanks
You can mount the fc over foam tape too..
And if you get an IMU you will still have the Foam tape under too...

I didn't try it myself but you can get that IMU
- The use of chip MPU6050 + HMC5883L + MS5611

Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:33 PM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
foam tape the fc on the frame? i notice the button of the board is no that even.. esp with pins soldered on... will that cause problem? and not so easy to remove i guess

how about using the screws with M.D smaller than M3 and the foam tape as "washer"? will that be a good idea?
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:39 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Apr 2001
13,976 Posts
Installed MultiWii 2.1 on a simple H shaped quad, has a Crius SE flight controller on it... Surely the best so far! Baro and Acc working very nicely.

Flying with the Gopro MWii 2.1 external veiw (4 min 28 sec)
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:42 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy0933 View Post
foam tape the fc on the frame? i notice the button of the board is no that even.. esp with pins soldered on... will that cause problem? and not so easy to remove i guess

how about using the screws with M.D smaller than M3 and the foam tape as "washer"? will that be a good idea?
Yes it could work..

I don't use any damping myself.. i fly my own controller which have soldered integrated sensors with Aluminum standoff and stainless screws...
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:54 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,243 Posts
When is Z axis stability likely to be solved?
I thought it happened earlier this year but it's clearly not working as well as some of the other FCs out there.
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:50 PM
Fly, crash, glue. Repeat.
Belgium, Walloon Region, Plombières
Joined Jul 2011
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaSoar View Post
My present fleet of TCopters.
Absolutely brilliant work. I love the way how all the wiring is hidden from view, and the frame design is just beautifully minimalist.

Sucks we don't have these type junction boxes in Europe so I guess I need to mail order a few from overseas.

Thanks for the inspiration! - Mark
4x4rc is offline Find More Posts by 4x4rc
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:57 PM
United States, FL, Okaloosa
Joined Jan 2012
37 Posts
Just thought I would put a note in to say thanks to Phalanx-0 for going above and beyond to help me with my Kcopter multiwii board.After he tried to explain to me how to load to it and me not knowing what he was telling me. He finally told me to send it to him and he would try to load it. He did so and sent it back to me with pictures of what he did. I have set the PID's and will put it in my quad in a couple days As of now it seems to be working perfectly
cbwill1945 is offline Find More Posts by cbwill1945
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:47 AM
Joined Feb 2011
896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Installed MultiWii 2.1 on a simple H shaped quad, has a Crius SE flight controller on it... Surely the best so far! Baro and Acc working very nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIxPpHCB2WQ
Awesome.. I love the new H design.. Can you post some close up pics please.. I need to build one ASAP but it needs to fold away too ???
jbalat is offline Find More Posts by jbalat
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:16 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,976 Posts
My whole idea behind it was to keep it very simple, this one is 350mm square, 1000 kv motors, 10x4.5 props, and HobbyKing F-30A ESCs with Simonk's firmware (w/bootloader). Frame is 1/2 poplar arms and spine, 1/4 inch bottom plate and 1/8 inch top plate. If I were doing it again, I'd extend the bottom plate out the back, just like the front to give a little more flexibility for battery mounting/CG while the GoPro is mounted on the front (to keep it out of view of the props). Doesn't fold, but three bolts hold the arms on?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:23 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,976 Posts
So... since GPS seems to be becoming a reality for MultiWii, what is the favored GPS hardware? I2C seems to make the most sense... maybe?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:34 PM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,164 Posts
My new Landing Gear Set with SmallQuad 450

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=148

Name: 1.jpg
Views: 68
Size: 86.2 KB
Description: Name: 04_Medium.jpg
Views: 68
Size: 99.7 KB
Description: Name: 06_Medium.jpg
Views: 75
Size: 109.6 KB
Description:

95mm height, 240mm wide,
3k carbon tube, 2mm thickness, 165mm long, 58gr total
Widelec is offline Find More Posts by Widelec
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:27 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,607 Posts
I hope I'm in the right area for this question. I just installed multiwii v2.1 in my quad. When I go into the Config GUI the slider bars for pitch, roll, and yaw are missing. It only shows the motor sliders (four of them for the quad). Is this a problem with the GUI or something I need to enable in the sketch to make work? Thanks for any guidance...
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:46 PM
Quad lover.
Joined Dec 2011
853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
I hope I'm in the right area for this question. I just installed multiwii v2.1 in my quad. When I go into the Config GUI the slider bars for pitch, roll, and yaw are missing. It only shows the motor sliders (four of them for the quad). Is this a problem with the GUI or something I need to enable in the sketch to make work? Thanks for any guidance...
Take a screenshot, not really sure what you mean.
chaosdestro0 is offline Find More Posts by chaosdestro0
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:19 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosdestro0 View Post
Take a screenshot, not really sure what you mean.
Here's a link with a comparison screen shot of 2.1 and 2.0. You'll see the 2.1 is missing the slider info on the upper right of the screen. I came across this after I posted my original question here. No answer for it yet, but I guess I'm not the only one who has this.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4239
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:24 PM
Quad lover.
Joined Dec 2011
853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Here's a link with a comparison screen shot of 2.1 and 2.0. You'll see the 2.1 is missing the slider info on the upper right of the screen. I came across this after I posted my original question here. No answer for it yet, but I guess I'm not the only one who has this.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4239
OK, if I was you post on the multiwii forums as you are more likely to get a decent response.
In the mean time, I would suggest you use this
https://code.google.com/p/mw-wingui/
chaosdestro0 is offline Find More Posts by chaosdestro0