HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:31 AM
Off my horse
Joined Apr 2011
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzy View Post
I dont know what imu and sensors you have but the sensors orientation was changed in v2 release see the dev tree here

http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...f57f269ea0b9c8

// Tazzy
Thanks. I suspected something of that.. you just saved me a couple hours of research.
Chris
empire007 is offline Find More Posts by empire007
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:23 AM
Urban Aerial Photography
Bucharest, Romania
Joined Sep 2009
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyibo View Post
+1
very very good idea dramida how is it working?
It seems to be weak when used by itself so now i use it in conjunction with some rubber bands to stop it elongate too much.
Anyway, here is how it works with the tension rubber band:
Medieval fortress "Cetatea Rasnov"- Aerial video and photos from drone (1 min 26 sec)
dramida is offline Find More Posts by dramida
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:36 AM
So I have a head on my butt.
United States, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2010
495 Posts
For you USA flyers - I originally got interested in tricopters after working as a field producer on a PBS show in the Everglades - it occured to me how great it would be to use one of these to put a camera up in the air. However, I decided to check to see if there are any regulations or licenses needed to do this and discovered that the current FAA rules permit hobbyists to fly RC unmanned craft no higher than 400ft AGL, and far away from airports and aircraft, and not pose any hazard to anyone on the ground. However, they BAN all commercial use of unmanned craft. Anyone else have insight into this? From what I read, it is currently not legal for me to fly the craft and video tape or take images for pay. I also understand that a committee has been put together by the FAA to consider commercial regulations, but that may be some time off yet.

JIm Caldwell
jimfc is offline Find More Posts by jimfc
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:19 PM
WBD
Carbon Fiber Geek
United States, TX, Irving
Joined Feb 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBD View Post
I am currently flying 2.0pre2 on a Quadrino Zoom with very good results. My baro works (BMP085) acc mode is awesome and acro is as stable as my 1.9 in acc mode! Wonderful upgrade and I am ordering my mediatek GPS this week. Now my question is what changed between the 2.0pre2 release and the final 2.0? Is it worth changing for me? If nothing was changed that would affect anything I have going then I'm going to stick with the one I am flying.
Also, being new to circuits and what not can somebody verify for me how many serial devices can be attached to the serial port and how many to the i2c port? I thought (could be wrong) that only one serial device at a time (bluetooth, GPS, etc.) but one could have several i2c devices running at once. Is that accurate?
Am I posting my question in the wrong place or something?
WBD is offline Find More Posts by WBD
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:22 PM
Off my horse
Joined Apr 2011
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfc View Post
For you USA flyers - I originally got interested in tricopters after working as a field producer on a PBS show in the Everglades - it occured to me how great it would be to use one of these to put a camera up in the air. However, I decided to check to see if there are any regulations or licenses needed to do this and discovered that the current FAA rules permit hobbyists to fly RC unmanned craft no higher than 400ft AGL, and far away from airports and aircraft, and not pose any hazard to anyone on the ground. However, they BAN all commercial use of unmanned craft. Anyone else have insight into this? From what I read, it is currently not legal for me to fly the craft and video tape or take images for pay. I also understand that a committee has been put together by the FAA to consider commercial regulations, but that may be some time off yet.

JIm Caldwell
Jim I'm also interested in doing some aerial photography for profit. I live in New Orleans and we are experiencing a huge housing boom ( still rebuilding from Katrina). I've been approached by 3 different home construction companies who have seen me flying around near my house. As far as I can tell our devices are considered unmanned aerial vehicles and the FAA says that it is illegal for people to profit from their use and there are usually several local ordinances in place preventing it. It's a really hard to tell a guy who is willing to pay you good money no.

Here is a link to a real estate photography website that has some examples..
http://photographyforrealestate.net/...ll-commercial/

Chris.

Also if i haven't thanked the developers of the Multiwii software yet, THANKS. I just got back from a lunch break and man, being able to take my bird out to the local park and fly around is more fun than i can describe and makes me forget about having to come back to work.
empire007 is offline Find More Posts by empire007
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:24 PM
United Kingdom, England, Harwich
Joined Jul 2011
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBD View Post
Am I posting my question in the wrong place or something?
not aware on a limit on i2c bus (as its a bus afterall) and I would agree on one device on serial, 2 MAY work but I would want to rely on it!

Steve
Herishi is offline Find More Posts by Herishi
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:32 PM
WBD
Carbon Fiber Geek
United States, TX, Irving
Joined Feb 2012
98 Posts
Thank you Steve!
WBD is offline Find More Posts by WBD
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:00 PM
Joined Dec 2010
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empire007 View Post
Jim I'm also interested in doing some aerial photography for profit. I live in New Orleans and we are experiencing a huge housing boom ( still rebuilding from Katrina). I've been approached by 3 different home construction companies who have seen me flying around near my house. As far as I can tell our devices are considered unmanned aerial vehicles and the FAA says that it is illegal for people to profit from their use and there are usually several local ordinances in place preventing it. It's a really hard to tell a guy who is willing to pay you good money no.

Chris.

Also if i haven't thanked the developers of the Multiwii software yet, THANKS. I just got back from a lunch break and man, being able to take my bird out to the local park and fly around is more fun than i can describe and makes me forget about having to come back to work.
Thanks for the link - it seems that some other postings implied that others may have been paid for some work they did, but I just read on the Internet about a tricopter owner who was involved in a search and rescue for local authorities and the FAA considered that a commercial venture (he wasn't being paid) and confiscated his gear. I'm a private pilot, but the only thing I can find on the FAA website (besides the regulation on RC models for fun) involves getting an OK from them for experimental unmanned drones - which could take a year or more under current rules!

Jim
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:05 PM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.incredible View Post
Hey guys. I just installed MultiWii V2.0 on my Tricopter. I immediately get a jittering yaw servo. I tried re-burning but that didn't help. I went back to V1.9 and all is well. Has anyone with a Tricopter had similar problems?

I only use the original WMP and no other add-ons.
mmm I flew 2.0 a lot today - maybe 8 batteries and I did have a few weird things happen with the yaw in flight - would twitch in same direction. I though it might be a duff servo and was going to replace, but seeing the two posts, maybe something is different. Didn't experience it with 1.9
I also noticed that it twitches on ground sometimes. Now I think about it, I don't recall that before.
I would like to rule out my servo though.

Apart from that it flew very well.
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:32 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,925 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the link - it seems that some other postings implied that others may have been paid for some work they did, but I just read on the Internet about a tricopter owner who was involved in a search and rescue for local authorities and the FAA considered that a commercial venture (he wasn't being paid) and confiscated his gear. I'm a private pilot, but the only thing I can find on the FAA website (besides the regulation on RC models for fun) involves getting an OK from them for experimental unmanned drones - which could take a year or more under current rules!

Jim
Hi,
There is a loooong thread in aerial photography about this. It appears that the FAA are working on introducing legislation... sometime.

Here in the UK the CAA settled on charging a licence fee for AP done for profit. I think there are also some requirements to show that you are capable.

Who knows ? The FAA may come up with something similar
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:43 PM
Joined Mar 2012
88 Posts
change 490 to 400 hz pwm hobbywing skywalker esc 20a is a wrong thing to do? in ouput.pde My board is: multiwii crius se software multiwii 2.0
cronalex is offline Find More Posts by cronalex
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:52 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikra View Post
mmm I flew 2.0 a lot today - maybe 8 batteries and I did have a few weird things happen with the yaw in flight - would twitch in same direction. I though it might be a duff servo and was going to replace, but seeing the two posts, maybe something is different. Didn't experience it with 1.9
I also noticed that it twitches on ground sometimes. Now I think about it, I don't recall that before.
I would like to rule out my servo though.

Apart from that it flew very well.
Thanks, would love to hear some more reviews of the newest firmware.

Quote:

JIm Caldwell
Some are doing it.I would go for it and if you get in trouble plead for ignorance and beg for forgiveness.

Also - you can charge for the cost of the DVD / Video tape. Not the footage on it.

captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:26 PM
If it flies, I can crash it!
Naperville, IL
Joined Aug 2010
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empire007 View Post

Chris.

When you get hired to take images or video of a property, take some pictures of the property from a standard camera with your feet planted firmly on the ground. Then you sell the client those regular pictures and then tell them that since they are such a great client, that you are giving them some aerial photos for free. So technically, you have not flown your aircraft for hire.
djdavid60 is offline Find More Posts by djdavid60
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:43 PM
Quad lover.
Joined Dec 2011
853 Posts
The best way is to use it to catch a local cop cheating on his wife, then if they ever find out you just slip them a couple of pictures and nobody will know .
chaosdestro0 is offline Find More Posts by chaosdestro0
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined Dec 2010
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavid60 View Post
When you get hired to take images or video of a property, take some pictures of the property from a standard camera with your feet planted firmly on the ground. Then you sell the client those regular pictures and then tell them that since they are such a great client, that you are giving them some aerial photos for free. So technically, you have not flown your aircraft for hire.
Sounds like a plan - as long as the FAA isn't looking over my shoulder (they are everywhere!!)

Jim