HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:58 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2004
136 Posts
Hi all,
I tried on my friends DJI woo kong M controller , and it's much much stable than my multiwii. Just curious how they do it , and really want to get into it and make my multiwii stable as DJI. :-) I think it just the software, or maybe more precise controller hardware ? Anyone of you have technical info regarding wookong controller? Hope multiwii will be as stable as wookong one day, maybe version 3 ?
tru168 is offline Find More Posts by tru168
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:09 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
I will make your multiwii as stable as DJI for $1030.

DJI "technical info" -> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1510587
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:10 AM
disenfranchised...
AP_OZ's Avatar
Joined May 2010
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru168 View Post
Hi all,
I tried on my friends DJI woo kong M controller , and it's much much stable than my multiwii. Just curious how they do it , and really want to get into it and make my multiwii stable as DJI. :-) I think it just the software, or maybe more precise controller hardware ? Anyone of you have technical info regarding wookong controller? Hope multiwii will be as stable as wookong one day, maybe version 3 ?
maybe its a setup or other problem. I dont find the wookong or naza any smoother than the PARIS board using the multiwii code.. I actually find the PARIS board to be better for hacking around. the only reason I use DJI equipment is for its extra features.

Whats the setup / equipment you are using on your multiwii?
AP_OZ is offline Find More Posts by AP_OZ
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:11 AM
disenfranchised...
AP_OZ's Avatar
Joined May 2010
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
I will make your multiwii as stable as DJI for $1030.

DJI "technical info" -> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1510587
that too!
AP_OZ is offline Find More Posts by AP_OZ
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:30 AM
Urban Aerial Photography
Bucharest, Romania
Joined Sep 2009
355 Posts
FPV at altitude 2100m over the Carpathians mountains from mwc quad. Anyone flew higher than that with a multicopter?
Flight 2
Zbor FPV la cabana Miorita 2000m (4 min 39 sec)
dramida is offline Find More Posts by dramida
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:32 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2004
136 Posts
Hi,

Yes, Its expensive, and Multiwii are low cost and its good for my "itchy hand" to tweak around.
I'm currently flying a tricopter using DT750, with homebrew PCB, and another Paris board in my quadcopter for AV with RCtimer. yes, its very stable for flying around , AV results also shows promising. I found some video clips of WooKong doing AV and its too stable to believe.
(for your info, WooKong in Chinese means monkey god, and Naza also a fairy tale's character)
tru168 is offline Find More Posts by tru168
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:04 AM
Registered User
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Sep 2010
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramida View Post
FPV at altitude 2100m over the Carpathians mountains from mwc quad. Anyone flew higher than that with a multicopter?
Flight 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cis4jfF_w1U
What are you using for all the OSD information? That's really neat having all that info on the screen.
daytimer is offline Find More Posts by daytimer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:18 AM
Registered User
Italy
Joined Jun 2010
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramida View Post
FPV at altitude 2100m over the Carpathians mountains from mwc quad. Anyone flew higher than that with a multicopter?

I flew at over 2400m last year with one multiwii quad at Moncenisio, France (starting point was 2100m), this is just one of the "watchable" recorded video of that day:
Moncenisio - 17 Aprile 2011 (8 min 49 sec)


Anyway i Usually fly high, a few days ago I flew at over 2500m at Bardonecchia (TO- italy) with a small hexa i carried skying, and this summer I plan to fly at Monviso, stating point at 3800m.
jhoexp is offline Find More Posts by jhoexp
Last edited by jhoexp; Mar 22, 2012 at 09:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:01 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Vista
Joined Dec 2010
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuadLaser View Post
Very cool! Did you have the servos on opposite arms, or both on the same side of the quad?



I will have to give that a try. Do you tilt two motors on opposite sides of the quad, or do you tilt one CW motor and one CCW motor?
I rotate all motors, if the prop turns clockwise rotate the motor clockwise, if the prop turns counterclockwise rotate the motor counterclockwise. If you get it reversed then yaw doesn't work. I set yaw gain at .60. I have seen a configeration with "V" tail where only two motors are rotated. Yaw control is more crisp with the motors set at an angle. There may be a formula or serious science to it but I find it fun to play with.

Ed
Edkirk is offline Find More Posts by Edkirk
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:06 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
753 Posts
Servos where mounted under.. as direct drive ..

I think that is what you are asking.. :-)



Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuadLaser View Post
Very cool! Did you have the servos on opposite arms, or both on the same side of the quad?



I will have to give that a try. Do you tilt two motors on opposite sides of the quad, or do you tilt one CW motor and one CCW motor?
flyhigh300 is offline Find More Posts by flyhigh300
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:08 AM
Urban Aerial Photography
Bucharest, Romania
Joined Sep 2009
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoexp View Post
I flew at over 2400m last year with one multiwii quad at Moncenisio, France (starting point was 2100m), this is just one of the "watchable" recorded video of that day:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3Bum...1&feature=plcp

Anyway i Usually fly high, a few days ago I flew at over 2500m at Bardonecchia (TO- italy) with a small hexa i carried skying, and this summer I plan to fly at Monviso, stating point at 3800m.
Great fpv flying! What kind of OSD are you using? I am using Remzibi osd. May i ask wat was the purpose of that fpv flying?
dramida is offline Find More Posts by dramida
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:51 AM
Registered User
Italy
Joined Jun 2010
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramida View Post
Great fpv flying! What kind of OSD are you using? I am using Remzibi osd. May i ask wat was the purpose of that fpv flying?
Eagletree on that (i have the antenna tracker next to me), now i use it on planes and prefer to use dragon osd on my multiwii/arducopter and epi osd on mk.
I fly also for work (aerial shooting for photographers or university/research center) with large platforms, but that time i was just flying for fun, exploring unknown places or searching for trails I will hike or reach with my bike in the summer (Moncenisio is a great place with a lot of old fortifications and battle cannons from WWII). I do that with helis too (funnier to pilot in open spaces) and large gliders... but not so much time lately...
jhoexp is offline Find More Posts by jhoexp
Last edited by jhoexp; Mar 22, 2012 at 11:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:35 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
jhsa's Avatar
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,587 Posts
That's it, next time I climb the Everest I'll take my tri with me
jhsa is offline Find More Posts by jhsa
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:27 PM
So I have a head on my butt.
jimfc's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2010
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
That's it, next time I climb the Everest I'll take my tri with me
Take some bigger props with you - the air is pretty thin up there!!!
jimfc is offline Find More Posts by jimfc
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:44 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
jhsa's Avatar
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,587 Posts
No problem.. 3 of these should be enough
jhsa is offline Find More Posts by jhsa
Reply With Quote