HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:17 AM
Registered User
Freakazoid's Avatar
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,782 Posts
Ive got something wonky going on, my accelerometer sensor has yaw and pitch doing the same thing.
When pitch is at 0, yaw is at 256 and vise versa, both react to the board being pitched.

Code:
  #define MPU6050
  #define HMC5883
  #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  =  X; accADC[PITCH]  = Y; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
  #define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] =  -Y;  gyroADC[PITCH] = X; gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
  #define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  =  X; magADC[PITCH]  = Z; magADC[YAW]  = Y;}
  #undef INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS
Its a special edition Jussi MiniWii. running new dev_20120225 firmware.

Anyone know what is going on here?
Freakazoid is offline Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Last edited by Freakazoid; Feb 27, 2012 at 06:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:19 AM
Hulk likes flying things
Phalanx-0's Avatar
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
613 Posts
@ Takao Shimizu...reboot the computer, then re-try. There is a file or component from another program preventing the install from completing.
Phalanx-0 is offline Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:30 AM
Registered User
Tokyo, Japan
Joined Nov 2002
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx-0 View Post
@ Takao Shimizu...reboot the computer, then re-try. There is a file or component from another program preventing the install from completing.
I did. no progress.

Takao
Takao Shimizu is offline Find More Posts by Takao Shimizu
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:58 AM
Registered User
Freakazoid's Avatar
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,782 Posts
Upon further inspection it seems my accelerometers yaw reading is tied into both pitch and roll.
If I pitch the board, the yaw graph goes up and down. Same happens when I roll the board.
Also I have ruled out that it could be the newest firmware, the previous one also seems to do it.

Something is messed up.
Freakazoid is offline Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:14 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Thats normal. It's not yaw, its accelZ. When you tilt it, it decreases. That's expected.
Read how accelerometers work.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:50 AM
Registered User
Frank.T's Avatar
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jul 2010
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
Ive got something wonky going on, my accelerometer sensor has yaw and pitch doing the same thing.
When pitch is at 0, yaw is at 256 and vise versa, both react to the board being pitched.

Code:
  #define MPU6050
  #define HMC5883
  #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  =  X; accADC[PITCH]  = Y; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
  #define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] =  -Y;  gyroADC[PITCH] = X; gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
  #define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  =  X; magADC[PITCH]  = Z; magADC[YAW]  = Y;}
  #undef INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS
Its a special edition Jussi MiniWii. running new dev_20120225 firmware.

Anyone know what is going on here?
Quite normal

Ok: TC beat me on this
Frank.T is offline Find More Posts by Frank.T
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:09 AM
Registered User
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Apr 2009
962 Posts
Alt P

Does the Alt P number setting in the GUI do anything if I'm only flying a gyro configuration? I noticed that Warthox dropped his down from 4.0 to 1.4 in his settings.
Chuck
EnigmaSoar is offline Find More Posts by EnigmaSoar
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:24 AM
Registered User
Freakazoid's Avatar
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,782 Posts
So the ACC sensor has no bearing on yaw stability whatsoever? I did NOT know that. Sorry folks.
Though it makes you wonder why they called it "accADC[YAW]" then. Since its not yaw at all..
Codemonkey logic?
Freakazoid is offline Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:32 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
So the ACC sensor has no bearing on yaw stability whatsoever? I did NOT know that. Sorry folks.
Though it makes you wonder why they called it "accADC[YAW]" then. Since its not yaw at all..
Codemonkey logic?
The Heading Hold feature on the YAW is done with the Magnetometer.

Accelerometer is use for AutoLevel mode and now Z stabilisation
Dialfonzo is offline Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:30 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2011
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takao Shimizu View Post
Start the installing 1.04 wizard, the wizard no progress.
Then, CTRL+ ALT+ Delete, this is on the screen.
What should I do?
Dear Takao-san,
This error pops up only if the settings wizard not able to write the gui_settings.xml file to the directory where the program starts from. Could you please check that you have write permission to that directory ? You also could try to run the WinGUI as administrator.
I also noticed that your font size is larger then 100%, this cause the distorted letters on the splash screen.
Did you went though all the steps of the settings wizard ? Can you see the pervious-next-finish buttons at the bottom of the settings wizard ?
It's not a setup wizard so you have to step through all the settings before WinGUI starts at the first time.

I admit that I did not tested WinGUI on non english language windows. If you have time to help me about testing I would appriciate it.
Regards,
EOSBandi
eosbandi is offline Find More Posts by eosbandi
Last edited by eosbandi; Feb 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:39 AM
MultiwiiQuadroHolic
undefined
Joined Jun 2011
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eosbandi View Post
Dear Takao-san,
This error pops up only if the settings wizard not able to write the gui_settings.xml file to the directory where the program starts from. Could you please check that you have write permission to that directory ? You also could try to run the WinGUI as administrator.
I also noticed that your font size is larger then 100%, this cause the distorted letters on the splash screen.
Did you went though all the steps of the settings wizard ? Can you see the pervious-next-finish buttons at the bottom of the settings wizard ?
It's not a setup wizard so you have to step through all the settings before WinGUI starts at the first time.

I admit that I did not tested WinGUI on non english language windows. If you have time to help me about testing I would appriciate it.
Regards,
EOSBandi
Hello EOSBandit

I will send you a big thanks for the gui and confirm that it works with Swedish as language in both xp sp3 and win7 x64 sp1.
Tazzy is offline Find More Posts by Tazzy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:12 AM
Registered User
UK, Redcar and Cleveland, Redcar
Joined Feb 2010
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklet View Post
That's interesting.
My ADXL 345 works in the same orientation as yours.
The X axis points to the rear of the quad. having checked it out it gave all the right readings in the GUI.

Having seen these posts I decided mine must be wrong. So last night I placed the acc board in different orientations and checked the results on the GUI.

There was only one orientation that gave the correct results and that is with X facing to the rear. The board is not fitted yet as I am waiting for some ESC's to arrive.

I have a couple of quads flying well but this is going to have the acc and mag sensors fitted to see how it compares.
I would advise turning down the level settings from default and work up from there as mine went nuts when I first tested it, I think I'm up to P= 5 as standard 9 was wayyyyyyyyyyyy to much.
You'll love the acc mode on the quad but dont over tune it with high settings or you'll struggle to fly it.
Kf52t is offline Find More Posts by Kf52t
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:00 PM
No thrust...It'll bust...
troynh's Avatar
Troy, NH
Joined Sep 2006
4,315 Posts
Is anyone familiar with this? The Grove 3 Axis Gyro. - ITG 3200 - 5VDC Input
http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/gro...?cPath=144_146

Wiki Page
http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/inde..._-_3-axis_Gyro

-Tim
troynh is offline Find More Posts by troynh
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:29 PM
Registered User
Nederland, Gelderland, Meteren
Joined Dec 2010
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaSoar View Post
Does the Alt P number setting in the GUI do anything if I'm only flying a gyro configuration? I noticed that Warthox dropped his down from 4.0 to 1.4 in his settings.
Chuck
No it does nothing on your setup.
Only used for baro use.
KeesvR is offline Find More Posts by KeesvR
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:44 PM
Registered User
FlyLT's Avatar
Earth
Joined Oct 2009
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiliam View Post
Very cool...
Where and how much?
Hi, unfortunately these boards are not available yet. It was just a few boards made for testing.
FlyLT is offline Find More Posts by FlyLT
Reply With Quote