549 Posts
they have stability problems
bradleyK is offline Find More Posts by bradleyK
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2010, 06:15 PM
Joined Sep 2010
53 Posts
420rcpilot,

I have a promini on a tri right now and am thinking of building a quad next. I would like to use your sheild that you posted yeterday. my question is. Is the code available for the camera stabilizer now using the promini. I haven't come across it here. Also for the future can I run a hexa with this setup? If I can do this I would be interested in a board for me if youcan ship to US. Thanks in advance Jim
jmrgn693 is offline Find More Posts by jmrgn693
Old Nov 06, 2010, 06:19 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norf View Post
Hi,

Today i made a few Onboard Flights with my MultiWii with my Gopro and the simple Cam-Holder from Warthox.

Work`s fine!! Enjoy!

http://www.vimeo.com/16571370

Regards Norbert
Nice to see you, Norbert!

So you are the one who calls warthox "gaskrank" und "Scheisse, Alter!"

Great flight vids btw. I'll steal this one for my ArduWiino build log, ok?

P.S.: I hope 2 German Norberts aren't too much for the MultiWii community!

Norbert aka kinderkram
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2010, 06:37 PM
Fly low!
VS , Germany
Joined Jul 2007
404 Posts
He other Norbert

Alright steal my video i have no Problem with that!!

Regards Norbert aka Norf
Norf is offline Find More Posts by Norf
Old Nov 06, 2010, 06:38 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrgn693 View Post
420rcpilot,

I have a promini on a tri right now and am thinking of building a quad next. I would like to use your sheild that you posted yeterday. my question is. Is the code available for the camera stabilizer now using the promini. I haven't come across it here. Also for the future can I run a hexa with this setup? If I can do this I would be interested in a board for me if youcan ship to US. Thanks in advance Jim
Camera stabi is at present only in a special test-version. I think Alex plans to integrate it fully in an upcoming version. I just decided to make my shield support all known and planned features - but some are still a work in progress.

6 motor versions have had some issues, but I think it will be solved soon!

It is gonna be 2-3 weeks before I have the boards here. They are beeing made in Hong Kong and shipped on a slow boat to DK....
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2010, 07:01 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
i think some of the "personal" issues are due to online translators and just different customs/cultures around the world. i know i have personally used a translator from english to mandarin for an advertisement for a business, and when i had a friend that speaks/writes/reads mandarin interpreted it back to me, the online translator was extremely offensive, so i think we all need to take into account as it seems everybody here is trying to help overall.

another friend of mine is a consultant for international businesses and has a ph.d in i think international economics - she makes a very good living educating very large companies executives about different cultures of the world as in some of these meetings that her clients attend, a multi-million dollar deal can be lost due to cultural differences where one culture may see something as not a big deal but to another it is extremely offensive.

bob
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Nov 06, 2010, 07:35 PM
Joined Sep 2010
53 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply 420rcpilot. I will certainly be keeping up with the thread. As far as the boards go How much is the cost?
jmrgn693 is offline Find More Posts by jmrgn693
Old Nov 06, 2010, 07:37 PM
Ky
Joined Feb 2003
1,493 Posts
I wired up my Arduino mini pro and WMP clone, the best I can get on the GUI is a flatline when I hit start. I wired the positive and ground backwards at first(turns out black is the positive), could that have messed up the WMP? This nis with just the two boards hooked together and powered by USB.
Dave
Dave Barrow is online now Find More Posts by Dave Barrow
Old Nov 06, 2010, 10:08 PM
Montreal, Canada
Joined Nov 2002
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba_em View Post
Hi HDWF900,
Sorry for little delay, I was on one week's vacation, but now I'm back and I begin to read progress of this thread . In attached file is mirrored version of MultiWii board, Arduino independent.
Best regards,
Kuba
@Kuba:
It's at me to be sorry for the delay of thanking you!
The board had his first flight yesterday and everything worked fine except
the moment where I forgot the problem with the serial ppm as I reported in my last post. ...
I had just coming from outdoor and forgot to remove the battery before powering off my transmitter: result, 2 propellers broken and some plaster and paint touch-up
on a wall....I think I'll return to the good old 1 channel/1 cable way until
further development...But despite this, Alex has developed with version 1.3 MultiWii
a controller with an incredible stability when you think at the sensors used!

Sylvain.
HDWF900 is offline Find More Posts by HDWF900
Old Nov 07, 2010, 01:29 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
your board will be used with arduno + wmp + nk + firmware multiwii v1.3 right? i see that you have from m1 to m6 -------------> so multiwii v1.3 with arduno can support up to 6 motors right?

I have read this forum, but still confuse, i am trying to understand this multiwii configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420RcPilot View Post
Frank, it looks sound to my eyes. Dont mind Kuba, he is obviously an arrogant type that prefers to keep his stuff a secret. A very funny aproach to an open source project and the sharing philosophy that makes RCG great

On my duemilanove protytype I power I2C with 3v3 instead of D12 (I Have only tried the Duemilanove with genuine Wii parts so far). You could consider adding a jumper to make you able to switch between the two! It will also make it possible to play with other sensors in the future that requires <3.6V I2C level to operate which is true for many I2C devices!

I power the Duemilanove directly from the Lipo to Vin. Powering with 5V from ESC did not work well for me.

I would probably also have added pads for S1 and S2, but if you know you are not gonna play with camera stabi at some point, there is really no point! I would also beef up the 5V rail, just to be sure!

The 2 caps are decouplers I take it. I really dont see the point, but on the other hand I see no harm either...

While we are discussing shields. Here is the final version of my MW_shield for ProMini...only change is a decoupling cap on the voltage divider as suggested by Charles Beener... And I also edited the ProMini library to connect the GND next to RST to the ground plane as well.

For the next version Ill look more into the possibility to have pins directly compatible with WMP. I dont have enough data right now, and I need to compare some more clones and originals to be sure it can work for the many different WMPs out there!

I am placing the order at Seeedstudio for 10 boards by the end of the weekend. Let me know if there is massive interest for this board and Ill consider getting some more made in the first run!

.brd and .sch is included in the zip-file. Anyone is allowed to use, change and redistribute it since this project is released under a GPL license!
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Nov 07, 2010, 01:32 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
in this forum, i see two kind of controller, which are

arduno + wmp + nk and mega328 chip + wmp

the two kind use the same firmware multiwii v1.3 right?

how many motors will these two kind of controller support? up to 6 motors?

this might be dump question, but i spent a long time to read the forum, and still confuse.
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Nov 07, 2010, 01:39 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba_em View Post
It is depend on construction of ESC. i2c bus can often works on 100-400kHz (here kHz see above) but switching frequency of output transistors is lower.
Does anybody know where to find a list of ESC brands that can handle up to 450Hz PPM signal? (is it PWM or PPM)

Thanks
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old Nov 07, 2010, 01:40 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norf View Post
Hi,

Today i made a few Onboard Flights with my MultiWii with my Gopro and the simple Cam-Holder from Warthox.

Work`s fine!! Enjoy!
Regards Norbert
Is this with or without Nunchuck?

manuLRK
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old Nov 07, 2010, 01:41 AM
Flightless crawler
Poland
Joined Apr 2010
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDWF900 View Post
@Kuba:
It's at me to be sorry for the delay of thanking you!
The board had his first flight yesterday and everything worked fine except
the moment where I forgot the problem with the serial ppm as I reported in my last post. ...
I had just coming from outdoor and forgot to remove the battery before powering off my transmitter: result, 2 propellers broken and some plaster and paint touch-up
on a wall....I think I'll return to the good old 1 channel/1 cable way until
further development...But despite this, Alex has developed with version 1.3 MultiWii
a controller with an incredible stability when you think at the sensors used!

Sylvain.
Hi Sylvain,
Wow, it is pleasure to me to see "my" pcb in your drone :-)
Regarding problem: raw MultiWii has no fail safe. I still not checked my, from several in Poland is rainy wheather. If you can wait some time...
Kuba
kuba_em is offline Find More Posts by kuba_em
Old Nov 07, 2010, 01:48 AM
Flightless crawler
Poland
Joined Apr 2010
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppita View Post
in this forum, i see two kind of controller, which are
arduno + wmp + nk and mega328 chip + wmp
the two kind use the same firmware multiwii v1.3 right?
Yes, Arduino (last versions of Duemilanowe, Pro Mini, Nano) is based on mega328 processor and both controllers use the same firmware.
kuba_em is offline Find More Posts by kuba_em