HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:04 PM
Earth
Joined Oct 2009
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevermeister View Post
Awesome.....

I would Like to know how your copter is getting so fast? I noticed the Maxthrottle in the code, would it be wise to increase that
MMy previous copter was way more agile than the multiwii regarding full throttle elevation maneuvers.
Thank You
Its fast because its power to weight ratio is like 3:1
FlyLT is offline Find More Posts by FlyLT
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:28 PM
FPV really is fun.
Sedona, Az
Joined Sep 2001
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisM View Post
I just flashed my tri with 1.8.
Now the yaw direction is reversed. If I change the yaw direction in the config, The tri corrects in the correct direction, but my radio input in reversed. Is there a way to reverse the radio input direction without changing the correction direction?
Reverse it in your transmitter.
Scotth72 is offline Find More Posts by Scotth72
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:34 PM
Oklahoma City
Joined May 2004
1,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth72 View Post
Reverse it in your transmitter.
Then I would have to give left rudder to arm instead of right, and all the other rudder stick configuration commands would be reversed too. I was hoping to find a way to do it in the code. If it can't be done in the code, the only solution I see is to change the direction mechanically at the servo.
MorrisM is offline Find More Posts by MorrisM
Old Aug 21, 2011, 03:03 PM
Joined Mar 2011
159 Posts
MultiWii Configurator

Can someone advise me wether I have to use the 1.7 Configurator with 1.7 Firmware? I have gor v1.8 of the Congigurator and getting it to connect is proving a problem. If I do need 1.7 can anyone let me have a copy as the reposity if only listing 1.8 for download.

Many thanks
Mike
mikehawkey is offline Find More Posts by mikehawkey
Old Aug 21, 2011, 03:21 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D View Post
www.epp-versand.de

i doubt that shipping to the us will be very cheap
Is there any chance that you would make a video of how it flies, and how it behaves at launch, it would be interesting if you would put payload on it to simulate the weight of fpv gear..do you fly without "tip fins"? Do you use only wmp or also an acc?
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Old Aug 21, 2011, 03:26 PM
Espaņa, CT, Gerona
Joined Jun 2011
14 Posts
My own design for Multiwii

Here is my own design. I have finished the tests with MultiwiiConfig and all is OK. This weekend I have finished the frame and I think that next week I'm going out to fly it.

I would like to give the thanks to @Alexinparis to start this post and develope the firmware. @Goofy23, because I have made my board inspired on his board.
To @Warthox because helps a lot view his videos and make an idea on how the copter must be... And all the people who participate in this forum. Thanks!

Here is my soon:
xforus is offline Find More Posts by xforus
Old Aug 21, 2011, 03:57 PM
Earth
Joined Oct 2009
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xforus View Post
Here is my own design. I have finished the tests with MultiwiiConfig and all is OK. This weekend I have finished the frame and I think that next week I'm going out to fly it.

I would like to give the thanks to @Alexinparis to start this post and develope the firmware. @Goofy23, because I have made my board inspired on his board.
To @Warthox because helps a lot view his videos and make an idea on how the copter must be... And all the people who participate in this forum. Thanks!

Here is my soon:
Very nice!
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:02 PM
FC flux'd
Joined Jan 2007
537 Posts
Quick question. Just bench testing my first MultiWii

Why would my Roll channel also be arming my MultiWii? Throttle down and rudder right arms as usual but so does Ail (Roll) right with throttle down. This isn't normal behaviour surely.

No mixing is setup on the Tx.
Katch is offline Find More Posts by Katch
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:08 PM
FPV really is fun.
Sedona, Az
Joined Sep 2001
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisM View Post
Then I would have to give left rudder to arm instead of right, and all the other rudder stick configuration commands would be reversed too. I was hoping to find a way to do it in the code. If it can't be done in the code, the only solution I see is to change the direction mechanically at the servo.
No, if its arming correctly, then the rudder direction is correct. Right stick makes the nose go right, correct? You are not telling which way the tail to go, you are telling which way the nose to go. In the gui, if you push the rudder stick right, the slider bar should go right. Left goes left. Then set the rudder correction direction in the code according to your mechanical yaw setup.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:09 PM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katch View Post

Why would my Roll channel also be arming my MultiWii? Throttle down and rudder right arms as usual but so does Ail (Roll) right with throttle down. This isn't normal behaviour surely.

It's intended:

Code:
else if ( (rcData[YAW] > MAXCHECK || rcData[ROLL] > MAXCHECK) && rcData[PITCH] < MAXCHECK && armed == 0 && calibratingG == 0 && calibratedACC == 1) {
        if (rcDelayCommand == 20) armed = 1;

Nils
jevermeister is offline Find More Posts by jevermeister
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:09 PM
FPV really is fun.
Sedona, Az
Joined Sep 2001
880 Posts
Quote:

It's normal. That way tri's don't have to jam their tail prop in the dirt upon arming.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:10 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
711 Posts
Quote:

Yep that is perfectly normal!
Alex implimented it that way so Tri flyers dont bury their rear prop in the dirt

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:20 PM
Earth
Joined Oct 2009
349 Posts
Would it be possible to extend the arming time ? Or to do anything to prevent the quad from disarming ,during flips to the left?

Today it happened to me and my quad just fell of the sky..
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:53 PM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLT View Post
My sport quad with MW Paris V3 and 1.8 code in action

http://youtu.be/ZAoyMuM3RYU?hd=1
cool flying i like the outtakes, especially the last upside down landing
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Aug 21, 2011, 05:05 PM
Joined Jun 2011
365 Posts
oyibox is offline Find More Posts by oyibox
Last edited by oyibox; Oct 10, 2011 at 12:08 PM.