HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 29, 2010, 09:05 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
EEK,
A compass can be difficult to implement. They are also very sensitive to any Rf or ferrous items mounted to the model and require good calibration. The best solution for a fun flyer like the Multiwiicopter is a good heading hold and lock with gyros which is achievable. The 3d magnometers are still a bit pricey but are good for high end systems. The 3d magnometer still causes some MK folks problems, but those are likely due to the way they set it up and their wiring and Rf from their add-ons for AVP.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by eekflyer View Post
I'd let Alex comment on that. I'm certainly not going to pressure him to do anything. I'd be pleased if he'd consult at most on his code paths.

Not sure why a fun-flyer needs a baro any more than a helicopter does. Baros are good for AP and FPV platforms. I don't get the impression this is the mission of this project. There are many other mature projects that do these things for AP and FPV. Philosophy is key to a project direction. As soon as a project 'forks' in too many directions, it becomes hard for new people to follow it and the support becomes diluted on each branch. This is happening on the tri-copter fork of Arducopter/Aeroquad. Their main philosophy is AP and redundancy (as to not crash cameras). On other platforms, baros have been problematic to integrate. It's been done but, is it needed on a fun-flyer? Compass would be good, I agree!
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2010, 09:15 AM
Spark antenna on my Tx !
eekflyer's Avatar
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Mar 1999
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
EEK,
A compass can be difficult to implement.
The 3d magnometers are still a bit pricey
Yes, and yes! I just want a reliable fun-flyer with auto-stable mode on Arduino. Need to keep if fun. There are many multi-rotor projects that get very technical and expensive quickly.
-EEK
eekflyer is offline Find More Posts by eekflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:36 AM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,191 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Alex!!!

Got my ArduWiino airborne!

I never thought this 25 brain will fly. But it does!
And it flew nearly out of the box. Not much ajusting and trimming needed. Just a little drift on the yaw but it's still easy to handle. Flies better than a GAUI and comparable to a KK.

Now testing the NK - unless someone comes up with a solution for the Bosch 3axis accelerometer I posted earlier.

http://www.elv.de/output/controller....6&detail=30764
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:22 PM
Registered User
signguy's Avatar
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Hey Kinderkram

I love the name ArduWiino

If anyone would like decals for there copters, give me your address by PM, and I'll ship then out at cost.........

BobD
signguy is offline Find More Posts by signguy
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 02:30 PM
Flightless crawler
kuba_em's Avatar
Poland
Joined Apr 2010
139 Posts
ArduWiino I like too.
By the way, in Polish word "wino" (with one "i", read like "veenoh") mean a wine
kuba_em is offline Find More Posts by kuba_em
Last edited by kuba_em; Oct 29, 2010 at 02:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 02:41 PM
No thrust...It'll bust...
troynh's Avatar
Troy, NH
Joined Sep 2006
4,315 Posts
lol...
troynh is offline Find More Posts by troynh
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 03:00 PM
Registered User
signguy's Avatar
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
here are some sample copter decals....
signguy is offline Find More Posts by signguy
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 03:01 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
Hmmmm...Now if only Ardu meant free... It seems to mean raise in Irish: http://talkirish.com/forums/t/2858.aspx
Jak sie masz?!
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba_em View Post
ArduWiino I like too.
By the way, in Polish word "wino" (with one "i", read like "veenoh") mean a wine
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 03:26 PM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,191 Posts
Forget about the ArduWiino!

Here comes the ArduWiino NK!

Got my nunchuck working. And it was easier than I thought.
I set the Autolevel Strength to 4 - higher values result in a nervous yaw, lower values than 3 make it less stable.

There's only some minor oscillation left - I think the Wii MP needs some better dampening. And one motor starts later then the others after I connected the NK. Dunno why ... I'll exchange the ESC and try again tomorrow. Hopefully the weather here in good ole Germony lets me go for a flight.

Thanks again to everybody who made this possible, especially Alex for his great work!

Also not to forget Frank T. whom I was allowed to call yesterday. We compared our settings on the phone and I got aware that I had to set my lower throttle EPA to 105% before I could arm the motors.

Have a nice weekend y'all!

btw: I rather thought of the English "wino" because with gyros only my copter looked a bit drunk when taking off.

@ signguy: Can I have some "ArduWiino NK" decals in dark blue and dark green, please. In return I could send you one of the Bosch Accelerometers to play around with. Deal?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 03:38 PM
Registered User
signguy's Avatar
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Here comes the ArduWiino NK!

Got my nunchuck working. And it was easier than I thought.
I set the Autolevel Strength to 4 - higher values result in a nervous yaw, lower values than 3 make it less stable.

There's only some minor oscillation left - I think the Wii MP needs some better dampening. And one motor starts later then the others after I connected the NK. Dunno why ... I'll exchange the ESC and try again tomorrow. Hopefully the weather here in good ole Germony lets me go for a flight.

Thanks again to everybody who made this possible, especially Alex for his great work!

Also not to forget Frank T. whom I was allowed to call yesterday. We compared our settings on the phone and I got aware that I had to set my lower throttle EPA to 105% before I could arm the motors.

Have a nice weekend y'all!

btw: I rather thought of the English "wino" because with gyros only my copter looked a bit drunk when taking off.

@ signguy: Can I have some "ArduWiino NK" decals in dark blue and dark green, please. In return I could send you one of the Bosch Accelerometers to play around with. Deal?
I would do that! Let me know the size of the area you have for the decals, I'll make a bunch.
signguy is offline Find More Posts by signguy
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 04:10 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
Alex,
Where in the code can we adjust the scaling for the acelerometer PID so that there is more spread than we currently have 3-4?
Thanks and Cheers,
Jim
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 05:14 PM
www.joescnc.com
Joecnc2006's Avatar
United States, TX, Marion
Joined Jun 2007
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Alex,
Where in the code can we adjust the scaling for the acelerometer PID so that there is more spread than we currently have 3-4?
Thanks and Cheers,
Jim
+1, This is good news if we can change the parameters to make the Nk behave more civilized with the WMP.
Joecnc2006 is offline Find More Posts by Joecnc2006
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 09:03 PM
Spark antenna on my Tx !
eekflyer's Avatar
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Mar 1999
436 Posts
Hi All,
I am pleased I have the board and WMP responding in Mode 2. Making process.

How long does it take for the gyros to calibrate after sending the command via the sticks? 2 seconds, 10, 15? The LED blinks about 5 times after stick sequence and that's it.
-EEK
eekflyer is offline Find More Posts by eekflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 09:34 PM
Spark antenna on my Tx !
eekflyer's Avatar
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Mar 1999
436 Posts
My motor is off at the full down throttle stick. Is this a function of the code setting for low throttle OR having way to wide of a throw volume (too much EPA) on my Tx? I like having the motors off at no stick but is probably a bad idea. I like the arming light, too.
eekflyer is offline Find More Posts by eekflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 02:41 AM
Flightless crawler
kuba_em's Avatar
Poland
Joined Apr 2010
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eekflyer View Post
My motor is off at the full down throttle stick. Is this a function of the code setting for low throttle OR having way to wide of a throw volume (too much EPA) on my Tx? I like having the motors off at no stick but is probably a bad idea. I like the arming light, too.
Hi, eekflyer
Normally if you push throttle stick down, motors can't to switch off. As standard in code is included line:
#define MINTHROTTLE
here you define minimum throttle when stick is in lower position. This is exactly for safety reason, for ex. uncontrolled stick out to down. Try to adjust this value. Normally you switch off motors by moving throttle stick full down and next moving to the left.

And from another part of forum, Halloween:
FPV Tricopter Halloween Movie - Funny!!! (4 min 43 sec)
kuba_em is offline Find More Posts by kuba_em
Last edited by kuba_em; Oct 30, 2010 at 04:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools