HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:36 PM
Halifax NS Canada
Joined Apr 2009
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firepong View Post
If the gyro line you have there is when its sitting still, not moving, then I think you have a bad gyro. On my quad, with a original WMP, the line stays as straight as a arrow until I move it, then it levels back out and everything is back at 0. I believe the other line is suppose to be smooth as well right? Someone needs to correct me as I dont have a nunchuck installed on mine.
Thanks for the suggestion but both are sitting still the lower picture shows the original setup the top picture is the one that I am concerned with. There may be little chatter from Pylon servo noise or hum. This would be a normal level for the nVader style aircraft.

Jerry
eyeinsky1 is offline Find More Posts by eyeinsky1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:04 PM
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Well, I'm not exactly sure how bi's really work. Those PID values might be right for them, but to me, the P seems really low compared to what their normally around. Mine are around stock, just a few places lower/higher. But again, its a quad, so more stability.
firepong is offline Find More Posts by firepong
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:24 PM
FPV MultiWiii
Joined Mar 2011
356 Posts
Originally Posted by IceWind
Btw I'm also using Spektrum and a 900Mhz 800mW HK kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavid60 View Post
That could be your problem... Try 500mW.
I would agree, i use spektrum and a 900mhz system all day long with no issues. 200Mw would even be good, with 500mw you can easily fy past your spektrum rc range so 800mw is way overkill. I have had the servo on my tri jitter but only when i run the servo wire directly behind or ontop of the video TX. if you make sure the wires are not on top of the TX this might help.
Tretch5000 is offline Find More Posts by Tretch5000
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:42 PM
United States, TX, Seguin
Joined Mar 2005
610 Posts
I have a Quadrino and built my own frame and have been trying to get it flying as smooth as possible for awhile now, I can get it to hover fairly well but am still having an issue with wobble. Tonight I also re-calibrated the ESCs and the results weren't so good. The quad wobbles more now than it did before, and the motors sound like they are revving up and down quite a bit without me moving the throttle. I have calibrated them a few times, the last time I did all 4 at the same time using a 4 way adapter I made, and it is still the same. I also tried a number of different PID settings which didn't help. The quad is flyable but a bit more finicky. Here is a short video of what it looks like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGzA7lyd2Hw

And this video is an extreme example of the motors revving up and down. I gave it throttle until it was just getting light on the floor, gave it another click or two of throttle and it suddenly revved up and jumped into the air, then it revved down and fell. It only did it this bad once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV8gDaHdt1A

I currently have the Quadrino board mounted on foam, it was originally on nylon risers. I'm probably going to try going back to the risers to see if that helps. What else should I look for that might be causing these issues? Could I have inadvertently changed something else on the ESCs when I calibrated them?

Thanks
mattchase is offline Find More Posts by mattchase
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:55 AM
Joined Feb 2011
55 Posts
Hey, who could do it to add MPU-6000, it is interesting
http://uk.farnell.com/invensense/mpu...rog/dp/1862383
tomiksvoboda is offline Find More Posts by tomiksvoboda
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:19 AM
Joined May 2011
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchase View Post
I have a Quadrino and built my own frame and have been trying to get it flying as smooth as possible for awhile now, I can get it to hover fairly well but am still having an issue with wobble. Tonight I also re-calibrated the ESCs and the results weren't so good. The quad wobbles more now than it did before, and the motors sound like they are revving up and down quite a bit without me moving the throttle. I have calibrated them a few times, the last time I did all 4 at the same time using a 4 way adapter I made, and it is still the same. I also tried a number of different PID settings which didn't help. The quad is flyable but a bit more finicky. Here is a short video of what it looks like...
Hi,
I had the same problem when switched from WM+ to ITG3200. In my case it was vibration. Beside balancing i changed the ITG3200 internal low pass filter to 10Hz to ignore vibrations.
Change the line in sensors.pde
from
Code:
i2c_writeReg(ITG3200_ADDRESS ,0x16 ,0x18 ); //register: DLPF_CFG - low pass filter configuration & sample rate  --  value: 256Hz Low Pass Filter Bandwidth - Internal Sample
to this
Code:
i2c_writeReg(ITG3200_ADDRESS ,0x16 ,0x1D ); //register: DLPF_CFG - low pass filter configuration & sample rate  --  value: 10Hz Low Pass Filter Bandwidth - Internal Sample Rate 8kHz
Regards,
EOSBandi
eosbandi is offline Find More Posts by eosbandi
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:37 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
flying with a bit wind

both with pro mini and wmp

with the flyduspider from paul bake (flyduino)
mwc hexa - flyduspider in wind (2 min 2 sec)

and the kinjal frame from daedalus multicopters
mwc quad - flying in wind (2 min 39 sec)
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:40 AM
Halifax NS Canada
Joined Apr 2009
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Well, I'm not exactly sure how bi's really work. Those PID values might be right for them, but to me, the P seems really low compared to what their normally around. Mine are around stock, just a few places lower/higher. But again, its a quad, so more stability.
I'm thinking the same the P values is too low, I have not seen such a sensitive gyro. Would there be any thing eslse that may be adjusted in the code or are we limited to the 400mHz setting for the clone wmp gyros.

Jerry
eyeinsky1 is offline Find More Posts by eyeinsky1
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:10 AM
Joined Mar 2001
2,625 Posts
Quote:
Well, I got it up in the air! Had to mess with the settings on my Transmitter. But now, its spinning left and hard to level out. Would it now be time to change the settings in the MWC GUI? If so, what would I change to keep it from spinning left? The Yaw values?
Look at your MWii sketch. I had the same problem with my quad; to stop the spinning comment out the the "yaw direction" line that is currently being used, and remove the comment tags on the opposite line. Mine ended up looking like this:

#define YAW_DIRECTION 1 // if you want to reverse the yaw correction direction
//#define YAW_DIRECTION -1

Tony
t-turley is offline Find More Posts by t-turley
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:48 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
850 Posts
Today I almost lost my quad. Anyone got any idea what could be wrong here?
The only thing I noticed is that TX battery was 9.4v. Could this be the cause?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrM7mX5mb_Y
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:00 AM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadslo View Post
Today I almost lost my quad. Anyone got any idea what could be wrong here?
The only thing I noticed is that TX battery was 9.4v. Could this be the cause?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrM7mX5mb_Y
Looks like a brownout but we need more info - What's your setup? What frequencies are you using for Rc & FPV?
AP_OZ is offline Find More Posts by AP_OZ
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:15 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
850 Posts
I was flying this setup for quite a while with no problems.
- RC 2.4 ghz
- fpv 5.8 ghz.
- Quanum telemetry 2.4 ghz - but it was off at the time.

First problems accourd about 60m away, and later on in this video few m away.

edit*
I saw that cable looked like this. But seems not to be broken. And I have Rx antenna placed like this. Went back to a field and everything was working only 300m away.
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Last edited by quadslo; Aug 12, 2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:06 AM
Singapore
Joined Feb 2011
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
and the kinjal frame from daedalus multicopters
http://vimeo.com/25320225
Awesome flying!

Can you share what your multiwii config settings are?

Thanks.
Ken4 is offline Find More Posts by Ken4
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:17 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
oops
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Last edited by alll; Jun 21, 2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:28 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Last edited by alll; Jun 21, 2011 at 11:33 AM.