HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2011, 04:51 PM
but thats not soon enough
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Skive
Joined Apr 2011
75 Posts
my test on the teensy++ was also though a 3.3v regulator and LLC. it can run on 3.3. thx though
wapko is offline Find More Posts by wapko
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2011, 04:53 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,572 Posts
Deleted
jhsa is offline Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Jun 01, 2011, 04:56 PM
but thats not soon enough
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Skive
Joined Apr 2011
75 Posts
im using 1preter7. I2C_SPEED is defined at 100000L
wapko is offline Find More Posts by wapko
Old Jun 01, 2011, 05:05 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Hi M4d_D,

Your Kitten is Zapping the quad, they are mischevouse like that, i think you ought to give the kitten to me and that will solve all your problems
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Jun 01, 2011, 05:11 PM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
Hi M4d_D,

Your Kitten is Zapping the quad, they are mischevouse like that, i think you ought to give the kitten to me and that will solve all your problems
i really dont think that the rest of my family will be okay with that
she will be a test pilot on my octo when jussis gyro board arrives

i am not sure if its because of the gyros since the quad is really stable when hovering . i only notice these problems when i try to fly like warthox but since i built that quad just for that purpose it is really getting on my nerves .

i cant afford to change all motor-esc combos but i believe the problem must be there , or in the output of the board ( maybe it differs from what is shown in the gui )
i changed the software from 1.7 back to 1.6 and it became a little better , but still not good enough
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D
Old Jun 01, 2011, 06:02 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D View Post
i really dont think that the rest of my family will be okay with that
she will be a test pilot on my octo when jussis gyro board arrives

i am not sure if its because of the gyros since the quad is really stable when hovering . i only notice these problems when i try to fly like warthox but since i built that quad just for that purpose it is really getting on my nerves .

i cant afford to change all motor-esc combos but i believe the problem must be there , or in the output of the board ( maybe it differs from what is shown in the gui )
i changed the software from 1.7 back to 1.6 and it became a little better , but still not good enough
Are you getting a lot of flex in the material? If they are flexing or twisting in the arms, this could cause you some problems.
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Old Jun 01, 2011, 06:04 PM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
Are you getting a lot of flex in the material? If they are flexing or twisting in the arms, this could cause you some problems.
not enough to cause these problems
especially since the problem appears just one way , so only if i roll left it rolls slower than it does if i turn right . same is if i nick forward , it slower than nicking backwards ( = front up )
Old Jun 01, 2011, 06:57 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,943 Posts
Hey guys, since I upgraded to 1.7 I have not been able to flip my quad. Upon investigation, I found that flipping my quad by hand while attached to the multiwiiconf program showed the quad rotate to nearly 90 degrees and stop, even though my quad was fully inverted and acc reported negative G readings.

Interestingly enough this is the exact result I got when trying to flip the quad. It would not rotate past 90 degrees.

Today witespy and I downloaded a development version and found that the conf program would show the quad rotate a full 360 degrees.

I just wanted to confirm that something was fixed to allow the software to detect an inverted position. From the software it appears so. Can I flip now without fighting the software

Thanks
Tom
vic20owner is offline Find More Posts by vic20owner
Old Jun 01, 2011, 07:03 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Nov 2002
2,545 Posts
I've been running 1.7 and can flip my quads with the greatest of east - strange that you cannot. I suspect something else?
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Jun 01, 2011, 07:45 PM
USA, AK, Soldotna
Joined Jan 2005
562 Posts
If you have the ACC enabled I believe the software limits the angle of the copter to 45 degrees with an RC rate of 1. I think it is mentioned in the release notes for 1.7
pinball is offline Find More Posts by pinball
Old Jun 01, 2011, 10:05 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,943 Posts
I have ACC, but I turn it off of course before trying to flip. I have tried about 10 times and crashed 5 times trying to flip since upgrading to 1.7.

Strange the the software would only show a 80 degree bank even when inverted and this is what I see when trying to flip.
vic20owner is offline Find More Posts by vic20owner
Old Jun 02, 2011, 12:21 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner View Post
I have ACC, but I turn it off of course before trying to flip. I have tried about 10 times and crashed 5 times trying to flip since upgrading to 1.7.

Strange the the software would only show a 80 degree bank even when inverted and this is what I see when trying to flip.
I flip and roll all the time running 1.7 final release -- no problem on both my Quad and Tricopter. It sounds like you are using the ACC. What is your RC Rate set at?
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Old Jun 02, 2011, 06:49 AM
Australia, NSW, Batemans Bay
Joined Feb 2011
223 Posts
Sorry to jump in guys but...

It works! Ive had the WM+ in the Tri for a couple of days while I worked on the NC version... it works!

Cant wait to try it but Ive got a dud ESC, new set on order....

Thanks Alex and a heap of others....
Artie in Aus is offline Find More Posts by Artie in Aus
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:11 AM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
what if someone packed the motors wrong , maybe ive got two 20-50s and two 20-34s on the quad which may result in this behaviour ? do they look any different on the outside ?

i believe that may be the problem because the right motor gets hotter than the left motor but if i give full throttle the quad rolls to the left , so the motor works good ...

what do you think ?
Last edited by M4d_D; Jun 02, 2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:50 AM
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Apr 2009
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D View Post
what if someone packed the motors wrong , maybe ive got two 20-50s and two 20-34s on the quad which may result in this behaviour ? do they look any different on the outside ?

i believe that may be the problem because the right motor gets hotter than the left motor but if i give full throttle the quad rolls to the left , so the motor works good ...

what do you think ?
Check the props and make sure the concave side is down on all four props.
enigmasoar
EnigmaSoar is offline Find More Posts by EnigmaSoar