HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:22 PM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
hi ,
i already showed a picture of my small acro quad...

here it is again.

i tried it out today and it doesnt really work very well.

i centered the trimms and it slowly rolls to the right when i want to hover. if i give full throttle it starts rolling left . what do you think is wrong ? i changed the left motor and nothing changed . i changed the right esc and nothing changed . what should i do next ? any ideas ?

cheers
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:26 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D View Post
hi ,

here it is again.

i centered the trimms and it slowly rolls to the right when i want to hover. if i give full throttle it starts rolling left . what do you think is wrong ? i changed the left motor and nothing changed . i changed the right esc and nothing changed . what should i do next ? any ideas ?

cheers
What are your PID settings?
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:30 PM
MultiWiiHead
Corvallis OR
Joined Apr 2004
258 Posts
Quote:
hi ,

cheers
Sounds like ESC calibration.
Centurian is offline Find More Posts by Centurian
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:34 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,692 Posts
Quote:
hi ,

here it is again.

cheers
Believe it or not, it could be the three wire connector. I have had issues with them in the past and now make all of my own cables. I cramp and solder them making sure of a good connection.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:36 PM
MultiWiiHead
Corvallis OR
Joined Apr 2004
258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendrichie View Post
Question: Do anyone know if the Throttle PID attenuation has the same effects as a Throttle Curve? Reason I ask this is, all of my copters requires some variation in the Throttle Curve but I don't want to have a separate Transmitter profile for each copter.
Throttle PID attenuation reduces pitch & roll PID gains above 50% throttle with no affect on the throttle channel.

Changing #define MAXTHROTTLE 1850 would move the center of the throttle channel while maintaining a linear throttle respsonse at the expense of full throttle stabilizaion (if increased) or max throttle available (if decreased)

Setting up a throttle expo wouldn't be too difficult and would do what you're looking for. Not in the current code, but would be a nice addition.
Centurian is offline Find More Posts by Centurian
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:43 PM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
p is 2.4 which seems quite stable in hover.
escs are out of the box supersimple 10A, so nothing changed there
i soldered the wires directly to the board , so that should be okay
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:46 PM
USA, AK, Soldotna
Joined Jan 2005
562 Posts
Calibrate your ESCs first.
Plug each one into your throttle channel one at a time. give full throttle and power up esc, wait a second and then bring throttle down. This will let the ESC know what the throttle range is and provides a more linear response in use.
pinball is offline Find More Posts by pinball
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:56 PM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
Calibrate your ESCs first.
Plug each one into your throttle channel one at a time. give full throttle and power up esc, wait a second and then bring throttle down. This will let the ESC know what the throttle range is and provides a more linear response in use.
i know that i should do that but they are all calibrated the same way . i also used the escs in my octo out of the box and they work great.
another thing is thet i can do loops forward but if i try backward loops its soooo slow . same is in roll , one way it works fine the other way it doesnt
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:59 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
i know that i should do that but they are all calibrated the same way . i also used the escs in my octo out of the box and they work great.
another thing is thet i can do loops forward but if i try backward loops its soooo slow . same is in roll , one way it works fine the other way it doesnt
Are you sure your travel adjustments on the radio are setup equally in both directions on pitch/roll/yaw/throttle channels?
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:02 PM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
Are you sure your travel adjustments on the radio are setup equally in both directions on pitch/roll/yaw/throttle channels?
the gui shows that they are quite eqal , yes
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:09 PM
Fournier RF4D N1771 Awesome!
Riverside, CA
Joined Nov 2004
270 Posts
Quote:
hi ,

here it is again.

cheers
Make the cat sit in the middle and stay still, then all your balance problems will be gone...

Sounds like it needs a calibrate on a level surface and then "Write"
jb92563 is offline Find More Posts by jb92563
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:13 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
Make the cat sit in the middle and stay still, then all your balance problems will be gone...

Sounds like it needs a calibrate on a level surface and then "Write"
LOL, well there's your problem! Seriously, I'm running out of ideas on it. Perhaps it's the gyro calibration?
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:20 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
Throttle PID attenuation reduces pitch & roll PID gains above 50% throttle with no affect on the throttle channel.

Changing #define MAXTHROTTLE 1850 would move the center of the throttle channel while maintaining a linear throttle respsonse at the expense of full throttle stabilizaion (if increased) or max throttle available (if decreased)

Setting up a throttle expo wouldn't be too difficult and would do what you're looking for. Not in the current code, but would be a nice addition.
Thank you.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:45 PM
but thats not soon enough
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Skive
Joined Apr 2011
75 Posts
thanks for the last pointers on my problems guys.
new issue though.

trying to eliminate wobble/flips i have bought an original wmp instead of my clone.

but the multiwii doesnt seem to be able to init my new wmp. i have tried the wmp on a teensy++ with an arduino sketch i found on the arduino forum, and the new wmp works. it just doesnt work on my multiwii atmega 328p.
clone wmp inits fine however. is it an i2c address issue?

its connected through an 1117 3.3 regulator on pin 12 and scl/sda through a hexfet LLC. internal pullups are enabled. its the old wmp, idg600 / x3500w.
100kHz mode

! update(semi)
i grabbed a new 328p and breadboarded it with 1.7preter. connected my new wmp directly WITHOUT 3.3v regulator or LLC. and it just worked. maybe i should limit the 3.3v and LLC to the acc i'm going to put on there. now i have to desolder stuff or make a new board :/
i have no idea why its not working, any advise ?
wapko is offline Find More Posts by wapko
Last edited by wapko; Jun 01, 2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: updates and stuff
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:49 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
Im pretty sure the original WM+ is 5v maybe you have a problem there
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07