HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2011, 11:26 PM
USA, AK, Soldotna
Joined Jan 2005
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionplus View Post
Thanks pinball.
Does the "ACC" ever go green with radio on and if the flip the "gear" switch?
Because, when I flip the gear switch on my radio, all the Aux numbers change from 1000 to 2000 but acc does not change to green.

Is this normal?
Perfectly normal in your case. ACC denotes a separate ACC (ADXL, BMA020 etc..) when you flip your gear switch it will turn level mode on or off, hence the ACTIVE part in green
pinball is offline Find More Posts by pinball
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2011, 12:03 AM
USA, CA, Fontana
Joined Mar 2005
1,110 Posts
Acc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
Perfectly normal in your case. ACC denotes a separate ACC (ADXL, BMA020 etc..) when you flip your gear switch it will turn level mode on or off, hence the ACTIVE part in green
Thanks. Looks like it just me trying to figure out the right numbers for my kind flying. (non aggressive)!
actionplus is offline Find More Posts by actionplus
Old May 29, 2011, 12:12 AM
USA, AK, Soldotna
Joined Jan 2005
562 Posts
No problem.

As far as tuning, it just takes time. I just started using level mode a couple weeks ago. I still don't have it dialed right. I had to turn down the P by 2 or 3 to get rid of oscillations, and now it will hover level (after trimming hover mode) but if I fly around a little and let off it will get REALLY close to level but not quite. Seems like it will stay about 5-10 degrees from level after moving around.

But, I'm sure its just in the tweaking. But I will say, make sure you have acro (normal) mode flying nice and stable and well trimmed before trying to mess with stable mode.
pinball is offline Find More Posts by pinball
Old May 29, 2011, 12:23 AM
USA, CA, Fontana
Joined Mar 2005
1,110 Posts
Arrow on gui

The are 3 arrows on the gui(right side) pitch and roll. When does the arrow in the black circle move? Mine never moves.
Old May 29, 2011, 12:56 AM
Norway Haugesund
Joined Jun 2010
329 Posts
Quote:
The are 3 arrows on the gui(right side) pitch and roll. When does the arrow in the black circle move? Mine never moves.
That one is for the MAG I think So if you don`t have a mag installed then there will not be any movement for the arrow in the black circle.
culexus is offline Find More Posts by culexus
Old May 29, 2011, 01:02 AM
USA, CA, Fontana
Joined Mar 2005
1,110 Posts
Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by culexus View Post
That one is for the MAG I think So if you don`t have a mag installed then there will not be any movement for the arrow in the black circle.
Oh, okay.
Thanks
Old May 29, 2011, 01:16 AM
Joined May 2009
156 Posts
Thanks for everyone who helped. I ordered new arduino.
bigbear_fin is offline Find More Posts by bigbear_fin
Old May 29, 2011, 01:40 AM
USA, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2009
903 Posts
Here are a couple shots of mine. Should be done within the next few days. 24" from center to motor.
rdbell is offline Find More Posts by rdbell
Old May 29, 2011, 05:34 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,574 Posts
Quote:

5. When the Gaui hit the ground from hovering, the gaui jumps back up (bounce) then lands. Guess due to gyro setting? Anyway to get a soft landing instead of this bounce to land?

Thanks
In my case it is due to pilot's hands I guess..
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old May 29, 2011, 06:43 AM
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2008
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wapko View Post
hi guys.

i'm trying to build a quadxcopter, and i am having some problems.

its made with alu bar, 15mm x 15mm x 1mm. smallest i could get my hands on.
center pieces are 1.5mm alu plate.

motors are 21cm from center. 42cm m2m ?
i use these motors. turnigy l2205-1350kv https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/...dProduct=14739 1 of them has a little more play on the bearings than the others.
plush 18a esc's
apc 8x3.8 SF props, that are as balanced as a noob can get them. i dont have proper balancing tools.
lipo 2650mah, 3s turnigy nano-tech, 35c https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/...dProduct=11946

the board is a diy arduino(328). im using a wm+ clone, dampened with some nice soft rubber standoffs(hard to source the sticky rubber foam, have some underway from HK).

HK t6b tx/rx.

electronics seem to communicate/work fine. roll,pitch, yaw and that is connected correctly. i have however joined all the bec's of my esc's. i've later read that this is bad practice. but have yet to find an explanantion as to why.

my problem is oscillations. BAD ones. i have yet to take off. its just not stable in any way. it really starts to wobble right before it looks like it wants to lift off. if i hold it in my hand and give throttle it wobbles ALOT.
I'm using default PID values, and haven't tried changing them.

now before i throw more money away on a newbies ignorant assumptions. does anyone have any suggestions as to why I'm having so much trouble.

I dont want to go bigger in size to get more stablility.

i measured my lipo and its 12.4v. is this normal?
my lipo guard beeps when i throttle up. is this normal ?

my own thoughts
  • get a proper original wm+, mount it with the sticky rubber foam.
  • not enough torque on the higher kv motors ? too high kv?.
  • maybe wrong motors for this application. im thinking keda 20-50s instead?
  • is it too heavy? 760grams including lipo.
  • loose the alu frame. i like jakubs fiberglass quadframe. will this reduce vibrations from motors getting to the controller. (keda 20-50s okay on this ?)

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

sorry for the noobish rantings. this is my first adventure in RC. and i had to choose a quad :P

i also have a nk clone on this. but not using it atm. its an unusable unit. it does this thing where it goes into some "powersave mode" or something and stops sending data if you hold it steady for a little while. then you kinda have to yank it to get it to send new data. but this is an issue for later, when i have more stable gyro only flight.

Hello,
I am not sure I have all understood.
But if the quad do not want to take off but want to do a flip on the right or left, It is maybe the same problem that I had. I solved it by increasing a lot the pid value
P=11
I= stay the same
D=20

The lipoguard should not beep except if the lipo is empty... Your lipo should handle a lot of current. Maybe the size of the prop who is too big for the motor...but for me it seems that the motor can handle an even bigger prop...
Cid156 is online now Find More Posts by Cid156
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Cid156; May 29, 2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old May 29, 2011, 06:52 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,574 Posts
Just a thought...
Are you sure that the gyros are correcting in the right directions?

Also, some people reported bad results with clones. That is why i went for an original WMP. And I'm very happy with it...
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old May 29, 2011, 07:22 AM
I don't speak German ....Yet !
Germany, Baden-Württemberg, Weissach im Tal
Joined Dec 2010
774 Posts
4 bec's can give problems because they may not all be 100% the same voltage and wil work against each other. Use only one, it has more power than needed. Also where is your centre of gravity and your sensors in relation of COG. PID is the next step to stabelize.
GrootWitBaas is offline Find More Posts by GrootWitBaas
Old May 29, 2011, 09:15 AM
X-Ikarus
United Kingdom, North York
Joined Feb 2003
1,715 Posts
Linear BEC's should be OK (I have not had problems)
generally they "Load Share" well

Switching BEC's in parallel however may well have problems
due to the electrical noise and method of operation
Reflex1 is offline Find More Posts by Reflex1
Old May 29, 2011, 09:39 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,167 Posts
Hi,
I am using the 1.7 code on a tri witch is very stable. I also install lately a camera mount to stabilize the video. It works ok but in real life the mount introduces a small oscillation. It is not visible but you can notice on the video. I suspect the servos i am using are too fast for this (mini digital metal gear) or there is to much gain on the camera stabilization algorithm. Could any one suggest correct servos for this application and if any changes in the code that might fix this?
Thanks
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
Old May 29, 2011, 12:08 PM
USA, CA, Fontana
Joined Mar 2005
1,110 Posts
Pilot Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
In my case it is due to pilot's hands I guess..
Yeah, I am thinking so. The WiiGaui seems to be veryy touch with the throttle stick. A little movement on the throttle stick gets it going up or down. A smallest change on my stick makes a difference in it.

Might need to look at the expo on the throttle and see if that helps.