HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2010, 01:52 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
You're right about that, Boxer. We're going to conflict about it right here in this nation, for as long as you continue trying to push this crap on a population that does not want it.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Jun 16, 2010, 02:03 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,180 Posts
Does she have a brain problem or a hearing problem. But we know it wan't botox that got to her brain.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Own your own - What it means
Old Jun 16, 2010, 02:35 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
She's clearly feeling the November conflict coming.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Jun 16, 2010, 02:37 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,255 Posts
The interesting thing is what the Climate Bill entails. Mandatory CO2 reductions for new turbine engines, forcing airlines and others to re-design existing engine installations and use the new "greener" engines for all new purchases. Guess who one of the big lobbyists for this legislation was? Yup, General Electric, who stands to make a big bundle from selling the new and more expensive engines.

Follow the money.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Jun 16, 2010, 02:42 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
United States, MI, Eastpointe
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
I think we already knew that energy production was going to be the biggest thing the democrat party was going to be causing conflict over... whether they will stick to it for another decade or not... well, that remains to be seen.
D B Cooper is offline Find More Posts by D B Cooper
Old Jun 16, 2010, 04:08 PM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
The interesting thing is what the Climate Bill entails. Mandatory CO2 reductions for new turbine engines, forcing airlines and others to re-design existing engine installations and use the new "greener" engines for all new purchases. Guess who one of the big lobbyists for this legislation was? Yup, General Electric, who stands to make a big bundle from selling the new and more expensive engines.

Follow the money.
This post is so anti private enterprise.....are you sure you are a conservative?
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita
Old Jun 16, 2010, 04:11 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucafrita View Post
This post is so anti private enterprise.....are you sure you are a conservative?
Uh, just so you know. Government legislation that promotes a particular business, never, ever, falls under the heading of private enterprise.

The term you should be using is "public works", or "white collar welfare".
Old Jun 16, 2010, 04:28 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
829 Posts
I watched a tv program not long ago and the speaker was a US Navy Admiral, he said quit plainly that the US military is in fact configuring for a possible global weather change and the effects it will have on crops, famine and civil unrest in already unstable areas of the world. Areas that may require military intervention. It really is a possibility.
Libelle201B is offline Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Old Jun 16, 2010, 04:33 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B View Post
I watched a tv program not long ago and the speaker was a US Navy Admiral, he said quit plainly that the US military is in fact configuring for a possible global weather change and the effects it will have on crops, famine and civil unrest in already unstable areas of the world. Areas that may require military intervention. It really is a possibility.
1. Does this Admiral have a name? Does the TV program have a name?
2. How does famine in a foreign country fall under the Navy's purview, or any US miltary service's purview for that matter?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 04:42 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,117 Posts
With my failing memory, I can't give you the Admiral's name, but the subject has come up several times. Think about your question #2. I bet you can come up with a scenario where famine would lead to US military involvement.

Did a little googling: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0625090302.htm
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Last edited by Jim Thomerson; Jun 16, 2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 04:48 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thomerson View Post
With my failing memory, I can't give you the Admiral's name, but the subject has come up several times. Think about your question #2. I bet you can come up with a scenario where famine would lead to US military involvement.
The military would not be the ones coming up with famine scenarios, their area is assessing the military capability of any possible enemy or friends which they're already doing irrepective of the political climate.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 04:56 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thomerson View Post

Did a little googling: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0625090302.htm
Uh, exactly how does one know the contents of a classified report without a clearance? Last I heard, you got sent to jail for 20 years for leaking classified information. There was that one admiral who did, and he's still in jail last I heard.

Guessing that sea level areas will be most affected by any sea level rise isn't exactly Rocket Science, you know.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 04:58 PM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
1. Does this Admiral have a name? Does the TV program have a name?
2. How does famine in a foreign country fall under the Navy's purview, or any US miltary service's purview for that matter?
This guy?
56S is offline Find More Posts by 56S
Old Jun 16, 2010, 04:58 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Friggin moonbat
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker