HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2011, 09:34 PM
United States, VA, Suffolk
Joined Nov 2007
1,026 Posts
its a fun ride....2001 Cobra crate motor with NA with long tubes, CAI, and a "special"computer out the backdoor from Ford. When the car was built, nobody had cracked the codes in the ECU to make it run without the PCM and PATS, so the guy had some Ford connections make him a computer program that would work.
Full Maximum Motorsports tubular suspension with torque arm rear keeps the 17X9s and Cobra 4 wheels discs in the proper place. The motor was lowered and pushed back for balance. If money was abundant, I would love to stroke it, port the heads and intake and really let it turn some RPMs, but alas, kids and airplanes prohibit that.

back to our normally scheduled program, sorry EDF lovers.
jhaywood is offline Find More Posts by jhaywood
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2011, 10:16 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,616 Posts
Rendering up something now. Sorry ... had a flat today AND then after I fixed that, truck blew a coolant line.

You guys do not know how much I had to resist laying any music on this video as a soundtrack. I figured Bret and Brent would prefer to just hear the sound of the Electrolyte alone.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2011, 10:24 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,762 Posts
damn!!!! thats bad azzzz!!! i had full tubular on my 87, koni's upgraded discs all around...that little 2.3 made for a amasingly balanced car. had a 95gt with some bolt ons, 18x9's and the same ecsta tires like you have 245's in the front, 275's out back. my 05 by far is one of the best handling cars ive drivin.....i lowered it about 1.5's, 18x9's all around, 275's all around. few bolts ons, about 340hp, stock 3:55's...needs 4:11's though!!!! i love the 1/4....but i really love hitting twisties...living 30 min from the "willow"..youd think id be running it there often...ive yet to, but would one day love to run the track.

sorry...now back to edf's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaywood View Post
its a fun ride....2001 Cobra crate motor with NA with long tubes, CAI, and a "special"computer out the backdoor from Ford. When the car was built, nobody had cracked the codes in the ECU to make it run without the PCM and PATS, so the guy had some Ford connections make him a computer program that would work.
Full Maximum Motorsports tubular suspension with torque arm rear keeps the 17X9s and Cobra 4 wheels discs in the proper place. The motor was lowered and pushed back for balance. If money was abundant, I would love to stroke it, port the heads and intake and really let it turn some RPMs, but alas, kids and airplanes prohibit that.

back to our normally scheduled program, sorry EDF lovers.
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jan 09, 2011, 10:24 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,762 Posts
on the FJ?????

and yes...prefer to hear moslty model...but some music is good too, as long as its not too loud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
Rendering up something now. Sorry ... had a flat today AND then after I fixed that, truck blew a coolant line.

You guys do not know how much I had to resist laying any music on this video as a soundtrack. I figured Bret and Brent would prefer to just hear the sound of the Electrolyte alone.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 10:40 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,616 Posts
Nah on my old Ford Pickup ... the FJ is really the wifes

Since you ' all are posting rude Ford photos ... here is mine
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2011, 10:45 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,762 Posts
damn thats clean! late 80's? probably got a 460 eh? is that a work truck or?????
Old Jan 09, 2011, 10:47 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,616 Posts
89 ... yeah 460 ... all 9 MPG worth of it! It is a two horse hauler ... it does that real well. And my big 3 mile round trip commute to work.

I should have a video up in about a half hour. Rendering takes a while and then I have to upload to Vimeo.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2011, 10:50 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,762 Posts
great! looking forward to it!!!!!!

yep, 460's are great on gas. .....man....3 miles!!!!! one day. i wish! im 60mi each way.... good thing i car pool with 3 other guys. good thing they are all short guys..they all fit in the GT

what happened to the morano? get rid of it?
Old Jan 09, 2011, 11:30 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,616 Posts
I hope you don't mind me borrowing your Electrolyte graphic Dave?

Video with NO music soundtrack ... a Bajoran rarity.

Electrolyte 40mm EDF Sport Jet (3 min 34 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2011, 11:46 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,762 Posts
its 40mm silly!

waiting for vid to load.....
Old Jan 09, 2011, 11:51 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,762 Posts
pretty bad A vid jon!!!! you kept it in the frame, and pretty smooth too!

damn thats a bitchin little ride!

that last cart wheel landing was a doosy! see how fast it snapped when i started to flair? 14.5oz....might be the no wind limit with a little breeze, it really is a sweet heart, even at 14.5oz

thanks again jon!

cant wait to see the rest of the vids....
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:00 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
its 40mm silly!

waiting for vid to load.....
Oops got it ... thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2011, 04:42 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,194 Posts
Sweeeet!!!

Nicely put together too Jon!

That underhanded toss is simply too scary to describe CN !!!
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jan 10, 2011, 05:49 PM
One eyed Corsair
PARIS
Joined Jul 2005
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
been thinking of what scale subject id like to do a composite fuse for in the micro size.....im thinking A-4......i was thinking skyray at first, but i think a A-4 would be cooler, and we could do little wheels in the wing pods like the alfa......no mor ehand launching! would be sized just a little bigger than the elec...
I had the same thought as i was looking to my old A4 pusher plans... She was a sweet flyer ! Should not need so heavy mods to change her to EDF... But i prefered making some tests with another of my old pusher plans. May be i'll make a plug and a mold later, will depend on the result...
GGRN is online now Find More Posts by GGRN
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:29 PM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,470 Posts
Just watched bajora's video...its unbelievable footage. Thank you so much Jon (and Brent)! Besides being a great modeler and friend you also have amazing skills with the camera.

As far as I'm concerned the video leaves little doubt that Brent's Electrolyte has the best all around performance of any 40mm powered edf ever built. This is a glimpse of whats possible when you combine a high performance airframe with a high performance 40mm edf power system. I think its time for people to hop on the 40mm edf band wagon....I'm sure they are coming.
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg