HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2011, 05:28 PM
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Joined Aug 2008
818 Posts
Why doesnt anyone try the inrunners intended for 1/18 cars? Castle, Novak, Orion to name a few all have something in the 8000kv range and are all decent names as far as I know.

3s lipo, 40mm EDF, 8000kv 20mm inrunner... that looks like the electrolyte ticket! a 90mph sport flying EDF would really tickle my funny bone. Fast, beautiful, and fun.
forsakenrider is offline Find More Posts by forsakenrider
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2011, 05:32 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joined Apr 2004
2,057 Posts
We do. It just seems that there is a huge difference in number of turns between 30mm and 40mm long inrunners. The 30mm long motors are available in very high kv versions, even 7800, but they can not dissipate the same heat as the 40mm ones. The 40mm ones are seldom available in kv's higher than 5100...
MegaTesla is offline Find More Posts by MegaTesla
Old Jan 02, 2011, 10:08 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,888 Posts
so, after seeing the gorgeous build that NCdid on his, and seeing how clean brets was, i decided to do some clean up work....seeing as how theres a possible mag shootthis next weekend.....before i just glued mywing on....that was hoakie, and it broke a couple times. when i upgraded servos and spar in the wing, i just slapped it together to i could get some new dopler vid. wasnt pretty. plus my kidsgot ahold of it.....bret threw it right into the ground...(just kiddin dude! givin ya a hard time!! ) so i made a new belly pan, made the wing removable, removed my skids and tail skid (decided this ismy pretty baby composite jet that will only see action at fields with grass...i hate the look of skids and stuff....plus the drag) so, i removed the alum from the fuse, wet sanded the paint, stripped the monocote on the wings, re shaped the tips a tad....was thinking of blue angels scheme....but i decided on a all bright red scheme. i saw a electra in all red, and it was pretty sweet, so ill be doing something similar. ill post pics soon...got to get the kids to bed....
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jan 02, 2011, 10:35 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,621 Posts
You got four days brother ... get 'er done!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2011, 11:04 PM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,482 Posts
Ha ha ha Brent. I have a pretty good hand launch record but every once in a while there is a wild pitch. I've actually been tempted to post the video of that bad throw but honestly it hurts me everytime I watch it. almost like post tramatic stress. Fortunately it looked and sounded much worse than it really was. on a bright note I'm looking forward to seeing your new paint job!
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Jan 02, 2011, 11:25 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,888 Posts
heres a few pics this is the basepaint.....not sure if im going to do much trim, looks too pretty in plain red. im sure ill do something on the bottom of the wing...perhaps a gag on bvm like.... "FLY MICRO or PDAWG or ELECT ROLYTE....why does the name have to be so long?

so heres a few pics. i also cleaned up the opening around the cockpit..

no worries Jon, it will be done tomorrow, and im trying to get my T-33 painted too.....trying not to be my normal self on that one...i get real anal on finishes....i keep telling myself..."this is just EPO....this is just EPO" trying not to get stupid. plus, at 16oz, its heavy enough. i also need to do a little weathering on the 51, i was hoping to get my mig15 done too...but i dont see that happening.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 11:32 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,621 Posts
Sounds like you need to call in sick the rest of this week !
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2011, 11:40 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,888 Posts
ive already had almost 2 weeks off! if it wasnt for little rascals....id have my EJF project ready to shoot footage of too. of course that is very involved project at this point. ended up beeing a whole bunch more work than i wanted it to be.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 12:03 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg View Post
Ummm.....I need a 40mm unit badly...let's make a deal.
Just let me know what you want pdawg and I'll knock one up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
so, after seeing the gorgeous build that NC did on his
You mean this lil ole thang?

Sorry I haven't got this sucker airborne yet. Now that the A-10 is going, This is the first thing going up next time at the field. I may even be able to get some trim color on it before then.

NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jan 03, 2011, 12:16 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,888 Posts
looking great! your going to LOVE it! do your self a favor, and dont hand launch it unless you have a decent breeze.

whats your AUW and watts???
Old Jan 03, 2011, 12:56 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
I got 320W and around 12oz AUW (inc 1000mah 4S lipo).

I'm liking the red! I was going to go that color myself but it never happened of course..

I thinking of pasting this on the fuse sides:
Old Jan 03, 2011, 04:19 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Joined Apr 2004
2,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Wow! I'm guessing with 1.2-1.3g/W and some ducting losses you can almost get it to 1:1 thrust:weight! Now if that doesn't push it past 110mph...
MegaTesla is offline Find More Posts by MegaTesla
Old Jan 03, 2011, 06:06 AM
Adelaide Australia
Joined Apr 2010
552 Posts
Love that colour Nitro it looks fast just sitting there
J-ACE is offline Find More Posts by J-ACE
Old Jan 03, 2011, 10:37 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,888 Posts
320W!!! dam dude! your going to smoke me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post

I'm liking the red! I was going to go that color myself but it never happened of course..

I thinking of pasting this on the fuse sides:
Old Jan 03, 2011, 02:45 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
CN, I have a ply finger grip / skid under the front of the wing for hand launching. It 'should' make things easier to heave it up there.....