SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:47 PM
BVM Viper Fever
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,552 Posts
Its a sick addiction! First the goal was just to get it flying. Then after a short celebration another goal...100mph, then molded wings, now retracts...its getting out of hand! Should really move on to other projects .

Eaticus,
Yeah I'll start an informal list.
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Last edited by pdawg; Nov 21, 2012 at 05:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:04 PM
EDF Addicted
United States, FL, High Springs
Joined Sep 2005
5,437 Posts
Bret, we should get together and fly a few at Ocala
MustangAce17 is offline Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:57 PM
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Joined Aug 2008
821 Posts
Ive been watching and waiting! sure hope I can fly one of these along side my micro stinger!
forsakenrider is online now Find More Posts by forsakenrider
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:58 PM
BVM Viper Fever
Joined Apr 2004
5,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangAce17 View Post
Bret, we should get together and fly a few at Ocala
Definitely! I'll be heading that direction in a few weeks...Driving from Miami to L.A. !

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenrider View Post
Ive been watching and waiting! sure hope I can fly one of these along side my micro stinger!
That would be very cool! So you still have a Micro Stinger? I need to build another one too!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:48 AM
Flying Dutchman!
Nederland, FL, Emmeloord
Joined Sep 2011
368 Posts
Those micro stingers look great to!
robertboxhoorn is offline Find More Posts by robertboxhoorn
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:09 PM
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Joined Aug 2008
821 Posts
Micro stingers are a BLAST! I have one built up light weight and has survived going through a tree with only a few patches and a new wing, and another one is getting built up for a 20mm inrunner for all out speed.

sorry for the off topic! ha.
forsakenrider is online now Find More Posts by forsakenrider
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:16 PM
BVM Viper Fever
Joined Apr 2004
5,552 Posts
Forsakenrider,
The Micro Stinger is still a favorite of mine! Hard to beat its small size and top speed. A great model to keep your reflexes in check!

Thanks to the long weekend the Micro Electra is getting some flight time tomorrow. I've really learned a lesson with this airframe. No airframe is too small to benefit from washout. This wing is without washout and I'm paying for it! So for tomorrow I've added a wing fence at the tip and have also modified the last 2" of wingtip to have some reflex to change the incidence out there. We'll see if that helps with the tip stall on landing. A little washout and this wouldn't have been an issue! I guess this is fun lesson in some way...I like hard to get .
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:32 PM
BVM Viper Fever
Joined Apr 2004
5,552 Posts
Markham park (Weston ,FL) seems to attract some pretty spectacular models. Today was no exception! Jfetter and myself met up this morning for some great edf flying. By 11am 1/3rd of the models were turbine powered. In addition, 2 of them were Top Gun qualifiers. The A-10 was a Mibo kit and the Canadair was I believe kit built. Both were 50+ lbs.

This Electrolyte is still flying great as a sport model and the tip stall issue seems to be fixed . The stall test at altitude was a straight forward nose drop and happily there were no surprises on either of the 2 landings. Time to start having fun!!!
Last edited by pdawg; Nov 24, 2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:19 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,998 Posts
Glad to hear and nice photos to BTW. The tip stall issue cured is just iceing on the cake. Thanks for sharing and hope you get to fly the tail off your awsome Electrolyte!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:50 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,253 Posts
Great photo's pdawg! What a fantastic collection of models for 'just another weekend flying at the club'

The Electra look at home there, even if it does look like a baby dolphin next to its Mum...

Great to hear the snap has been sorted. That must have been a big relief!
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:07 PM
BVM Viper Fever
Joined Apr 2004
5,552 Posts
Miami to L.A.

Hey guys,
Just started the drive of a lifetime...2800 miles from Miami to L.A. The first stop yesterday was to Orlando to do some flying with Bob Violett . It was a real pleasure to spend the day with him and do some EDF/jet flying. This was my opportunity to demo the electrolyte for BV. The problem was the grass flying field! After watching BV put a flight on the Electra and Ultra Bandit we decided the only option for the Electrolyte was to hand launch. So Bob took the controls and I gave a solid underhand launch. The Electrolyte was off and flying with BV at the sticks . I was in heaven!!! After a couple of passes he handed back the controls and I flew the rest of the flight. The landing turned out smooth and the grass helped slow the model. As if that wasn't the best part of the day, BV returned the favor and gave me some Ultra Bandit stick time . What an amazing model! 200 mph never seemed so easy.
Last edited by pdawg; Dec 09, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:19 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,741 Posts
Wow Bret, sounds like a pretty incredible day there! Pretty cool to have the man fly your little jet. That would have made for some cool video to play around with. And what a bonus, for you to get some stick time on one of his planes in return! Too cool!

Drive safe!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best in the West 2014
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:21 PM
BVM Viper Fever
Joined Apr 2004
5,552 Posts
Driving up past Orlando today I had a great time meeting with fellow micro edf modeler Mustangace17. What a passionate modeler! He showed me his flying field in Ocala FL and that place is a beautiful facility. I only wish I could have spent more time there but we had a great time chatting about speed edf's...good times! Great meeting you Kyle!
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:24 PM
BVM Viper Fever
Joined Apr 2004
5,552 Posts
Yeah Jon,
Video would have been sweet! We did get some other cool static pics. He didn't expect it to be so "Hot" in the air!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:33 AM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
I have been following this thread for quite some time and I am beyond impressed. Having a bit of experience with BVM jets which goes back to the Sportshark my father got his hands on from the 1st run of kits sold and the many Violet jets which followed I absolutely must know if there is a place on the kit list I can put my name on....? I would see if there were two as my father has been a die hard BVM guy since day 1, but knowing the amount of time and effort put into every kit I think I will be more than lucky if I havent spoken to late, not to mention feeling like someone else might not get a shot at one. Staggering work man, and regardless I have to say thank you for sharing the electrolyte project, its incredible.

Matt
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member