HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DqP, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:22 AM
DqP
Alert5 RC International
USA, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jul 2009
170 Posts
Discussion
My SAPAC T-45 Hawk - Green

I've posted this link previously on one of the threads but figured i'd enter it into my blog listing.

I got my first Foamy plane around Oct 09 and attempted to fly around November. I think I became comfortable enough to fly around Christmas right after i picked up a Habu.

I originally tried to fly a SAPAC ViperJet back in January (January 21st to be exact) but take off was ugly due to the wrong front gear length (too short) which took forever to take off and stalled immediately 3 feet off the ground resulting in a crushed nose, canopy and bruised ego.

Since then, I've been kinda reserved sticking with my foams but finally made my leap to the composites a regular flyer a couple of weeks ago after deciding to get the ViperJet back in the air.

Anyways, finally got the fiberglass fuse repaired and started using it for practice. I have to say that I love flying these composites. I still fly my foams but now really understand what the comment "foams fly like foams" means.

My main flyer has now become this amazing Hawk. It holds so well in the air i almost forget my nervousness for flying something that i can't repair with just some 5min epoxy and foam-safe CA. I'm taking it slow and trying to respect the airframe a little bit more than i was doing with the foamies. In addition, I'm trying to reflect the battery life as well by backing off on the flight times just a little bit because these things are not so dead-stick friendly.

Pretty comfortable with low passes, Split-S and 4-point rolls. Still working on cleaning up my landings but it's getting there nicely.

Pablo had about 3 flights to adjust it and I've had the Hawk in the air for about a dozen flights now. I added the wing fences and will be adding wheel brakes soon.

Here is a video made during the maiden flights sessions:

SAPAC - Green Hawk (Composite) (3 min 32 sec)

I've got a few in-canopy videos i need to cut together and will soon have it up.
DqP is offline Find More Posts by DqP
Last edited by DqP; Jun 30, 2010 at 10:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts