HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:10 PM
world's slowest builder
CA
Joined Oct 2006
837 Posts
X2 on the Habu 32 Yoram. I have flown Brian's H32 a little...and it flies much more like a big jet than my Exceed 90mm hornet. His has the Jetfan 80 on 6S 5000 or 5800...and this is a heavier setup than stock...but sounds so much better...and extra weight is good in this case. Brian flies the crap out of that thing and it never has any issues. It would be your best investment with what is on the market today. The ProEDF f-18 would be cool...but lots of work compared to the Habu 32.
Air-Jon is offline Find More Posts by Air-Jon
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:34 PM
Another one on the way...
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,408 Posts
Navy???
ysolomon is offline Find More Posts by ysolomon
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:51 PM
world's slowest builder
CA
Joined Oct 2006
837 Posts
F-16N. Combat models was based in miramar, ca...so they were partial to the f-16n aggressors that we had here at NFWS(Top Gun)...until all their wings got cracks and they were replaced by f-18.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:28 PM
Another one on the way...
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,408 Posts
I love a plane with a story...
ysolomon is offline Find More Posts by ysolomon
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:49 PM
world's slowest builder
CA
Joined Oct 2006
837 Posts
...and a nice body That is why scale jets are awesome....always a story! That is probably why i am going to get the CJ F-105 over the YA-F-16 or F-18. The Thud has quite the story. F-16 and F-18 are still favs of mine. Something is just drawing me to the Thud and my power system is better suited to the bigger Thud.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:57 AM
Wilsonville, OR
Joined Jun 2010
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromefreak View Post
Thanks Wis.
I thought about selling it,...but I am thinking that I will keep it. I feel really bad about not flying my first build years ago. (see pictures) I am thinking about going the electric route as well. Looking forward to more videos.from you.

Thanks,DanAttachment 5336302
That looked real nice!
Wisdumb is offline Find More Posts by Wisdumb
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:52 PM
I want to fly everything!
Hillsboro, OR, USA
Joined Mar 2004
962 Posts
That Wisdumb, he's tricksey...

Yeah, what Chris said, what are you messing around with this for?

There really should have been video of the five electric flyer guys standing around in a circle trying to figure out to run that stupid engine. We were all trying to recall what those slimer guys do. There was a bunch of tilting the plane up and down with the engine running at idle then we realized that they do it at full blast. I'm not sure if that's for a good reason or just to be irritating to us electron fuel guys.

Finally the club president showed up (an engine guy) and got that baby tuned to perfection. The whole episode only took about two hours and was one of the most entertaining days I've had at the flying field.

My favorite quote from the day:

"What is this needle valve you speak of?"
Lance Nordby is offline Find More Posts by Lance Nordby
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:29 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance nordby View Post
that wisdumb, he's tricksey...

Yeah, what chris said, what are you messing around with this for?

There really should have been video of the five electric flyer guys standing around in a circle trying to figure out to run that stupid engine. We were all trying to recall what those slimer guys do. There was a bunch of tilting the plane up and down with the engine running at idle then we realized that they do it at full blast. I'm not sure if that's for a good reason or just to be irritating to us electron fuel guys.

Finally the club president showed up (an engine guy) and got that baby tuned to perfection. The whole episode only took about two hours and was one of the most entertaining days i've had at the flying field.

"what is this needle valve you speak of?"
lol
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:33 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,570 Posts
Nitro engine on a jet just sounds wrong, never liked the old nitro DF units.............but then again without the development of that technology we wouldn't have what we have now, EDF.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:34 PM
Wilsonville, OR
Joined Jun 2010
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Nordby View Post
That Wisdumb, he's tricksey...

Yeah, what Chris said, what are you messing around with this for?

Finally the club president showed up (an engine guy) and got that baby tuned to perfection. The whole episode only took about two hours and was one of the most entertaining days I've had at the flying field.

"What is this needle valve you speak of?"
Now my stupid fuel pump won't pump fuel! So at the moment I can't get fuel from bottle to plane! Grrrrrr. Here's my quote for today:
"The best case for electric is gas engines."
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:58 AM
Wilsonville, OR
Joined Jun 2010
559 Posts
Here's my post Thanksgiving update. The weather has been crap on the weekends so I haven't gotten to fly the CBM F-16 any more.

Episode #87 (8 min 5 sec)
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:56 PM
I want to fly everything!
Hillsboro, OR, USA
Joined Mar 2004
962 Posts
The new owner of the F-4 just called me. He stayed up until 3:30 last night (this morning?) getting it ready to maiden today.

Maybe we will see you out there with that slimer jet?

Are you going to make the pilot's head swivel on the Yellow?

Gotta go get ready.

L.
Lance Nordby is offline Find More Posts by Lance Nordby
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:00 PM
Wilsonville, OR
Joined Jun 2010
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Nordby View Post
The new owner of the F-4 just called me. He stayed up until 3:30 last night (this morning?) getting it ready to maiden today.

Maybe we will see you out there with that slimer jet?

Are you going to make the pilot's head swivel on the Yellow?

Gotta go get ready.

L.
I busted butt to get up there before the maiden and made it! Glad everyone waited, it was worth it.

Check it out here:
Flight of the Phantom! (7 min 7 sec)

I didn't bring the slimer and I probably won't move the head on the Yellow F-16 Pilot.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:16 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2011
744 Posts
Wow Fred, that intro is awesome. Your camera is great too! Much better than my little hat cam. I was sad that in my video I couldn't see much of the landing or the parachute deployment do to the lack of zoom but it showed great in yours!
Castel101 is online now Find More Posts by Castel101
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:49 AM
Wilsonville, OR
Joined Jun 2010
559 Posts
Merry Christmas Eve! Here's some sloppy servo swapping action as well as making nice flush mounted servo hatch covers! I even got to use my pin vice for the first time!

Episode #88 (17 min 25 sec)