HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2010, 05:46 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,027 Posts
Question
esky king 3 is it worth upgrading from king 1/2?

The esky king topic has become huge so kinda dificult to find the aswer i am looking for so this is my question.
I have a few king 1's and 2 that are starting to be worn out so i wonder how mutch better the king 3 airframe is compaired to the king 1 and 2.
Things like are they more durable and flight performance / presision.
I know there are other helies but i don't like to be a "trex-lemming"

btw i am thinking about only the airframe and use the gear i already own.
cmulder is offline Find More Posts by cmulder
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:16 PM
dze
Joined Jan 2008
5,917 Posts
i think the frame is probably alittle better on the 3 simply because of the flex in the motor mount area associated with 1,2 and i think the tail pullys are alittle better suited stock, but really if i wanted a serious king build i would get an xtreme carbon frame, 43/10 belt gears, esky carbon blades and good electronics so it wouldnt matter really which version you started with .. upgrading a king from a 2 to a 3 though without any other mods, i dont think would be gaining much, but built as above with a hot motor and good electrics it will be pretty serious on performance, just on the expensive side to repair compared to a 450 clone .. on the plus side it wont cost any more (or much more)than a trex250 to repair and maintain and will be a more stable heli to fly if its set up well, as well as having comparative aerobatic capability ...
dze is offline Find More Posts by dze
Old Jun 14, 2010, 07:50 AM
NYC, NY
Joined Jul 2007
1,800 Posts
I used to love my King II, but the move to a 450 class heli was night and day over the King and was the best decision I made in my progression. Certainly worth considering.
MrRetro is offline Find More Posts by MrRetro
Old Jun 14, 2010, 08:10 AM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,027 Posts
my intention is to use this one for fpv flybalress with a helicommand
so 3d ect is not of my interst stable hovering and not sensetive to wond is but low parts cost above all
cmulder is offline Find More Posts by cmulder