HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:09 PM
Jkelley05
hartsville, sc
Joined Oct 2009
35 Posts
Thats a really nice review. Makes me wanna wait even longer for the Plane to be in stock. Hurry up TOWER!!!
jkelley05 is offline Find More Posts by jkelley05
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2010, 12:12 AM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,608 Posts
Hi,

Mine has three or four spots where the base surface is slightly deformed, but the finish is still smooth. These spots are about the size of a fingernail. I won't get to this kit for a few months. I'll check one out at my LHS when they get another in and compare the two.

Mickydee
mickydee is offline Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Sep 29, 2010, 06:58 PM
Jkelley05
hartsville, sc
Joined Oct 2009
35 Posts
well checked my order today after waiting patiently for 3 weeks and it saying (late Sept.) "estimated". Guess what. "estimated" (late Oct.) Now. I think I'm going to go crazy. Thinking of cancelling my order and going with another scale plane and just waiting out the hype of this plane. Obviously its got alot of hype being new and really an amazing plane, but I think my patience or lack there of is getting the best of me. May wait to see if its instock next month.
jkelley05 is offline Find More Posts by jkelley05
Old Oct 01, 2010, 10:44 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
With the new motor spinning a 10x9 prop I clocked it at 70 mph in both directions! I also got my aluminum spinner on it which I think really looks nice. Unfortunately I had to remove the wheel pants because our runway has too many holes and it was tearing them up but even without them I love this plane! It has become my favorite for sure.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=5113
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old Oct 03, 2010, 11:14 AM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
687 Posts
Separation

It's nice how everyone at the field mentions that the Cirrus burns up the sky in flight. The stock motor really rocks. Raz, 70 mph really is awesome.

On takeoff the other day, I had the right wing gear tear off. Fortunately I was not quite in the air yet.

The gear mount was poorly glued on the short side of the block. It really is not a very strong design. Though the landing gear block itself is strong, the fault is the attachment. I used epoxy and repaired to like new, but the landing gear (nose gear too) is the weak spot on this model. As a side, even the smallest pebble on our paved runway makes it bounce up.

I now take extra care in checking the gear status before each flight.

Other than that, I love this little plane, in the air, it's a monster!
nioa is offline Find More Posts by nioa
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VQ Models T-34 Mentor 61.4"...
Old Oct 03, 2010, 11:17 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
687 Posts
Raz, which aluminum spinner did you use?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2010, 10:42 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nioa View Post
Raz, which aluminum spinner did you use?

Here is both the motor and spinner.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=5113

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9079
Old Oct 04, 2010, 12:48 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
687 Posts
Thanks Raz!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:05 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
So what is the biggest motor that will fit in this plane? I have a rimfire .32 looking for a home. I'm wondering if the cowl will even accept this.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:06 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Finally picked this plane up today. Running a rimfire .15 in it and hope to maiden tomorrow. Super easy build. Reason i went with the 15 motor is because i will be running it on 4s which will make it scream i think.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 01:07 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens View Post
Finally picked this plane up today. Running a rimfire .15 in it and hope to maiden tomorrow. Super easy build. Reason i went with the 15 motor is because i will be running it on 4s which will make it scream i think.
It already screams on a .10. Surprisingly fast plane, very slick airframe. It may be a challenge to land on .15.

Let us know how you make out.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 24, 2011, 03:39 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
If the wind ever dies down here i will take it out on 3s for maiden so i can get it dialed in. I've put the recommended 10x7 prop on but thinking of of putting on an 11x8 instead, save the 10x7 for 4s.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:45 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
I have a Tower Pro 470 watt 1000kv motor in mine turning a 10x10 prop on a 3s and it hauls a$#, on 4s it's going to be a rocket. This is a very sweet super smooth flying plane and even though it can fly fast it slows down nicely too.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:08 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Sounds good. I don't want to always haul with it but when i feel like getting altitude i know the power will be there for it.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 03:44 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Had successful maiden. Ran 2 batts threw it and flys really nice. Not to fast with a 10x7 prop so will be changing it to 11x8. As far as visibility i put some red stripes under the plane but that does not make it any easier to see. Sometimes it was almost impossible to tell so i will need to change things up abit on the looks of this thing.