HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2010, 01:52 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Adding a servo is one way but another way it to install a bump stop out of wood. It prevents the rod from going past center so it can't spin around. BTW. This is shown with wheel turned as far as possible to right. It can't spin to left so only one is needed.
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Last edited by raz; Sep 19, 2010 at 01:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2010, 01:12 PM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
703 Posts
The "key" on the nose gear wire should also be checked. Mine was not very deep, although the effort by the manufacturer is appreciated.

I made the "groove" deeper, and made sure that it was perfectly flat.

I also replaced the phillips head screw that came with the plane with a 3mm stainless steel hex head cap screw (10mm long). I was able to tighten that up quite a bit, and secure it with thread-lock.

So far, it looks like it's going to hold!
nioa is offline Find More Posts by nioa
Old Sep 21, 2010, 08:20 PM
Jkelley05
hartsville, sc
Joined Oct 2009
35 Posts
Well. After reading all the talk about this plane I went ahead and ordered one a few days ago. All I needed was the plane. Turns out I had the recommended electronics laying around since........THE ACCIDENT. Let's just say I HAD the electrifly Reactor 3d. Lasted a good 20-30 flights before it bit it though. Decided to go this route this time and try my luck with some scale stuff. Too bad its on back order until late Sept. (estimated) on tower. No telling how long I'll be waiting to get this thing. Probally get impatiant and go with something else. I'm trying to hold out though.
jkelley05 is offline Find More Posts by jkelley05
Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:01 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nioa View Post
I also replaced the phillips head screw that came with the plane with a 3mm stainless steel hex head cap screw (10mm long).
Yours came with a phillips? Mine came with a 1.5 mm allen screw. I really need something better that can tighten better without stripping. I like your hex cap screw idea, I'll have to try that.

I replaced the allen grub screw with a hardened hex bolt and while it was apart I made the flat spot a little deeper like 'nioa' did and now it's rock solid!

jkelley05. Try to hold out for it, it's worth the wait.
Last edited by raz; Sep 21, 2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:48 PM
Jkelley05
hartsville, sc
Joined Oct 2009
35 Posts
I think I will. I'm still sucking my bottom lip over the loss of the reactor. That was a really nice flying plane.

What it was..

What it is now

Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:34 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Ouch!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 08:24 AM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,880 Posts
Tower's out of stock but there are lots of these at LHS's. I've seen at least a dozen at various shops around the country.

Can you tell I'm interested in one also?
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc
Old Sep 22, 2010, 01:09 PM
Jkelley05
hartsville, sc
Joined Oct 2009
35 Posts
I can't seem to find one anywhere locally. I've got around 3 hobbyshops in a 30-40 mile radius. 2 of which are within 20 min. Wish there was. I would gladly spend the extra money for one locally. But I am getting it from tower for 125 shipped though. So It would be hard to beat. I've got a 25 off 149 coupon.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 07:56 PM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,880 Posts
Might try Graves RC in Orlando (gravesrc.com). They are showing 3 in stock and they will ship. Will usually price match but maybe not in this case. They are a reputable shop.
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:37 AM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,678 Posts
Hi,

How is the quality on everyone's fuselage? I opened up my kit and the fuse seems pretty rough in spots. Anyone else, or am I just being too picky?

Mickydee
mickydee is offline Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Sep 23, 2010, 05:51 AM
Joined Apr 2008
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbc View Post
Might try Graves RC in Orlando (gravesrc.com). They are showing 3 in stock and they will ship. Will usually price match but maybe not in this case. They are a reputable shop.
Agree Graves is very good This is where I got mine when Tower was out of stock.
Superem is offline Find More Posts by Superem
Old Sep 23, 2010, 06:34 AM
Jkelley05
hartsville, sc
Joined Oct 2009
35 Posts
the only thing keeping me from going elsewhere online is the fact I'm getting it for 125 shipped. If the end of sept. comes and its still not instock or they push the date back. Then I'm definetly looking somewhere else. Right now the price at tower has me Mesmarized! I have to admit though. I'm getting antsy.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:52 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee View Post
Hi,

How is the quality on everyone's fuselage? I opened up my kit and the fuse seems pretty rough in spots. Anyone else, or am I just being too picky?

Mickydee
Mine is very nicely finished. In fact it's really impressed all the guys I fly with because of that and how nice it flies. Can you describe how yours is rough?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:48 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,803 Posts
Ezonemag.com review is now live.

Excellent job on the review Don.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:34 PM
The Neterlands, Europe
Joined Apr 2010
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
Ezonemag.com review is now live.

Excellent job on the review Don.
Here is the direct link... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1271060
Rogier is offline Find More Posts by Rogier