HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2010, 01:36 AM
The Neterlands, Europe
Joined Apr 2010
132 Posts
Nice landing, but why is the nose wheel twisted around after the landing???
Rogier is offline Find More Posts by Rogier
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2010, 01:59 AM
Joined Jan 2004
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogier View Post
I was wondering the same thing
DougKierc is offline Find More Posts by DougKierc
Old Sep 05, 2010, 02:05 AM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,891 Posts
Howdy,

This is one fast little scale bird! Yuri has a Scorpion in his with a 10x10 bolted to it. It really flies on rails.

Enjoy the AZ evening photos,

-Buzzed
Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Sep 05, 2010, 03:01 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,598 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougKierc View Post
I was wondering the same thing
If you have a less than perfect landing where the nose gear takes an excessive impact or even hit a rock or piece of debris on takeoff, the entire nose gear assembly can spin 180 internally by flexing the steering push rod to the point where it flops the steering arm to the other side of the assembly.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite Allusive 2.2M
Old Sep 05, 2010, 12:00 PM
Love seeks nothing in return.
Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2009
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superem View Post
Mine is still stuck in a tree. Wish it would come down
Have you tried a fishing rod with a sinker weight on it? Some friends of mine basically cast a heavy weight "over" the plane, and then were able to pull the plane down because the fishing line was then "looped" over the plane (they grabbed both ends of the line - the one with the weight and the one to the rod).

Another friend got his golfing buddies out with 100 golf balls, and whacked at his foamy in a tree until it came down... in pieces.

Would recommend fishing line method, personally.
iRun4Love is offline Find More Posts by iRun4Love
Old Sep 05, 2010, 04:32 PM
magna,utah
Joined Oct 2009
51 Posts
Quote:
i didnt have lock tight on the screw that holds it in place not the servo arm but the arm that holds the wheel rod
jhardman is offline Find More Posts by jhardman
Old Sep 09, 2010, 08:19 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,891 Posts
Well, I started my SR22 last night at 700pm and finished it 6 hours later. Never done that before, but it was a fun build and I was on a roll.

I mounted a Scorpion motor on it with a Hacker esc. Also, I am using a 40C Zippy 4cell on this little bird and it just screams! The prop is an APC 11x8. It's pretty much a pylon racer now.

First flight was a blast. Straight up with some rolls and click of down elevator. I need to move the battery back a half inch on the next flight. It was a little nose heavy, but it worked out great due to the gusty winds here in Phoenix this morning.

Well, enjoy the photo and fly safe!

-Buzzed

http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-12...ushless/Detail
Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Sep 12, 2010, 09:20 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
I tried a different motor in mine today and love it! The Park 480 motor was OK but it was a little slower than I like so I put in a Tower Pro 3015-7 motor with a 10x9 prop and what a difference. Great climb rate, loops from half throttle with ease, really good speed now and it's dirt cheap!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=5113
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:07 PM
FLA
Joined Jan 2000
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
I tried a different motor in mine today and love it! The Park 480 motor was OK but it was a little slower than I like so I put in a Tower Pro 3015-7 motor with a 10x9 prop and what a difference. Great climb rate, loops from half throttle with ease, really good speed now and it's dirt cheap!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=5113

How is the fit with that motor? Any mods needed or does the motor fit right in?
I was thinking about going with a TR 35-36A 1450kv http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=4916 . It's a little lighter. I would run a 9x6 probably..
pestrada is offline Find More Posts by pestrada
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:39 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
I had to drill out the center hole a little because the locking collar is bigger due to the 5 mm shaft size but other than that it went right in. That 35-36A Turnigy motor looks like a good choice too, especially if you want a little smaller, more scale prop.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 03:04 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
The more I fly this plane the more I love it, especially now with the more powerful motor and an APC 10x10 prop. I'm guessing the speed at WOT is around 65 to 70 mph and it now easily cruses at 1/2 throttle. Great Planes sure got this on right. I'm just surprised it isn't more talked about?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 03:17 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,598 Posts
The Ezonemag.com review was completed and turned in for editing a week or two ago. Hopefully it will go live very soon,
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite Allusive 2.2M
Old Sep 16, 2010, 04:11 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
This plane is definitely on my radar.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2010, 01:20 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
This plane is definitely on my radar.

You won't be disappointed.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 09:07 PM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
If you have a less than perfect landing where the nose gear takes an excessive impact or even hit a rock or piece of debris on takeoff, the entire nose gear assembly can spin 180 internally by flexing the steering push rod to the point where it flops the steering arm to the other side of the assembly.
Well on the 4th takeoff my prop suddenly hit our paved runway. I thought maybe the grub screw came loose, but I had used thread-lock, and that wasn't the case. The nose gear did what was described above.

I had a metal-gear servo lying around so I decided to shorten the long linkage to the stock rudder servo. I have this new servo connected to its own channel and can trim it independently. I hope this solves, or at least, minimizes THAT problem.
nioa is offline Find More Posts by nioa
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VQ Models T-34 Mentor 61.4"...