Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 01, 2011, 06:22 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
I haven't done anything to it. It appears that it has somewhat changed since. Maybe now that it's been outta the box awhile, idon't know. I flew it on 4s with a 10x8apc the other day. Wow does that thing haul now.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2011, 04:30 PM
Joined Jan 2010
5 Posts
My sr22

Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
i recently got this plane and i like how it flys,just GP didnt do a great job in glueing it together.i had a little oops on take off on sunday,the motor mount detached from the FG fuse.and the servo tray came undone, i had to epoxy the motor mount back on as well as reglue the servo tray.im starting to see cracks form where the 2 sides of teh fuse meet together
Doess anyone know how to make the motor mount for the sr22? I had an oops as well. Does not make sense to buy fuse, its like you have toassemble all over again.
swills86 is offline Find More Posts by swills86
Old Jun 29, 2011, 05:14 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
997 Posts
I just love how we all have the same problems with our SR22's, you know GP gets a crap load of complaints about this plane. You will think they would get the picture
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old Jun 29, 2011, 06:41 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
On my mount is CA'd it back together. Then used a powder and ca mixture which turns to cement. It's like a rock now.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 09:11 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens View Post
On my mount is CA'd it back together. Then used a powder and ca mixture which turns to cement. It's like a rock now.

I used epoxy with micro balloons mixed in. Be sure to make some stops for the front wheel so it can't turn too sharp. I've had mine go past center a couple times from hitting a bump and when it does the wheel is sideways and the plane flipped over cracking the cockpit. Once you get these little bugs fixed it's really a sweet flying plane.
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old Jul 03, 2011, 09:46 PM
United States, PA, Lebanon
Joined Oct 2007
206 Posts
Broken Electrifly SR-22 Motor Mount

I read what happend to SWills listed above. My SR-22 Motor mount has also broken. The plywood is damaged but the airplane had it happen on the groud before the flight. The airplane is undamaged but the plywood is damaged that mounts the motor to the fuselage. Not strong plywood or it wasnt glued at the factor correctly. A Rimfire 10 motor was used on the airplane. Id like to purchase a new motor mount separately but it looks there only sold preinstalled in the fuselage.

I dont want to buy a whole new fuselage just for the motor mount. Any suggestions? I might just make my own from strong plywood and epoxy it to the fuseladge and try to drill some holes to mount the motor and epoxy it to the area of the broken motor mount. I have to estimate the location of the motor holes and insure alot of epoxy is used to prevent the motor from separating in flight.

If any of you other SR-22 flyers get an prop strike on the ground be sure to check your motor mount. Prop strikes might cause cracks to the motor mount on the airplane that you cant see due to it being inside the fiberglass cowling area. Due to the speed of this airplane in flight any crack in the motor mount might cause a vibration to the motor that eventually might to have it become separated from the mount and cause a problem in flight.
ChrisFlysRC is offline Find More Posts by ChrisFlysRC
Last edited by ChrisFlysRC; Jul 03, 2011 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Add information
Old Jul 10, 2011, 09:46 PM
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jun 2007
12 Posts
How did you all get rid of the huge gap between the front of the cowl and the spinner. Mine has at least a 3/8 inch gap or more.
rcer18901 is offline Find More Posts by rcer18901
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:48 PM
I don't need no stink'n nitro!
Thompsons Stn, TN
Joined Nov 2008
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlinus View Post
How did you all get rid of the huge gap between the front of the cowl and the spinner. Mine has at least a 3/8 inch gap or more.
Kill two birds with one piece of ply...

Reinforce the motor mount with an extra piece of 3/16" plywood, and that will set the motor back enough for the spinner to fit nearly flush.

Worked for me... If I'd only done the same to the nose gear, she'd still be flying!
moonpock is offline Find More Posts by moonpock
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:53 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpock View Post
Kill two birds with one piece of ply...

Reinforce the motor mount with an extra piece of 3/16" plywood, and that will set the motor back enough for the spinner to fit nearly flush.

Worked for me... If I'd only done the same to the nose gear, she'd still be flying!
Funny, i took out my nose gear on a landing too but luckily it was an easy repair. Won't be breaking with all the epoxy i put in it,lol.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:18 PM
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jun 2007
12 Posts
I appreciate the responses and the 3/16 plywood spacer seems like a great idea. I assume the spacer goes on the backside of the mount and that I will need longer screws?
rcer18901 is offline Find More Posts by rcer18901
Old Jul 15, 2011, 02:02 PM
I don't need no stink'n nitro!
Thompsons Stn, TN
Joined Nov 2008
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlinus View Post
I appreciate the responses and the 3/16 plywood spacer seems like a great idea. I assume the spacer goes on the backside of the mount and that I will need longer screws?
Roger that... And, make sure you drill some vent holes through, so the motor gets some airflow.
moonpock is offline Find More Posts by moonpock
Old Aug 13, 2011, 07:05 AM
Bellbrook, Oh
Joined Jul 2008
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens View Post
I haven't done anything to it. It appears that it has somewhat changed since. Maybe now that it's been outta the box awhile, idon't know. I flew it on 4s with a 10x8apc the other day. Wow does that thing haul now.
what seems to be the motor, battery and prop for the sr22, i got one for a winter project
madatme is offline Find More Posts by madatme
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:38 PM
USA, NM, Rio Rancho
Joined Sep 2010
89 Posts
Not sure of this is the most current thread, but Ive finally finished my build (well 99%) and took it out to fly today.

It was a little windy, but I got 2 packs through it and it came down in 1 piece.
I need to research the front wheel fix as thats clearly a weak spot.

Flatusboy is offline Find More Posts by Flatusboy
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:52 AM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
997 Posts
the front LG design is very week, this is what i did. i took the front LG off, i epoxyed a block on the inside over the LG hole. after it cured i just redrilled the whole, so now u have support in 2 spots
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old Nov 12, 2011, 06:02 AM
USA, MN, Shakopee
Joined Sep 2004
1,197 Posts
Raz another question for ya on that motor,, did you have to reverse the shaft to mount the motor. thanks scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
I tried a different motor in mine today and love it! The Park 480 motor was OK but it was a little slower than I like so I put in a Tower Pro 3015-7 motor with a 10x9 prop and what a difference. Great climb rate, loops from half throttle with ease, really good speed now and it's dirt cheap!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=5113
scottc39 is online now Find More Posts by scottc39