HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:43 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
995 Posts
i recently got this plane and i like how it flys,just GP didnt do a great job in glueing it together.i had a little oops on take off on sunday,the motor mount detached from the FG fuse.and the servo tray came undone, i had to epoxy the motor mount back on as well as reglue the servo tray.im starting to see cracks form where the 2 sides of teh fuse meet together
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2011, 09:21 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,227 Posts
Good to hear it went well for you gewiens. You may want to try a APC 10x10 prop if you want more speed. The 121x8 will give more thrust and drain the battery faster but won't increase speed a lot.
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:10 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,022 Posts
Next trip to the LHS i'll have to pick one up. I had to give a lot of trim to maintain level flight and this mornig realized my ailerons had quite the deflection on them to maintain level. Everything is bang on straight and lining up correct so i have no idea whats up with that. My balance is bang on also. Wonder if there is a twist in the wing that i can't see or something.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:33 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,022 Posts
Took this pic and sent it to great planes. I put tape on the wings so you can tell the difference. Both wings have tape on same location and length. You can also see how much deflection there is. Not the best pic but you get the point. You can see more tape showing on right wing.
Old May 05, 2011, 11:18 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,022 Posts
Just Bought a nanotech 3000mah 4s batt to test out on this thing. Weighs as much as the blue lipo 3300 3s i have been using so hope to have some good speed soon.
Old May 06, 2011, 03:03 AM
The Neterlands, Europe
Joined Apr 2010
132 Posts
Is this plane anywhere available? Can't find it in an online shop...
Rogier is offline Find More Posts by Rogier
Old May 06, 2011, 08:40 AM
USA, CA, Waterford
Joined Jan 2009
8 Posts
Tower Hobbies has it and ships internationaly. Someone there may stock them as well

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZGX7&P=7
boydboy is offline Find More Posts by boydboy
Old May 07, 2011, 09:26 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens View Post
Took this pic and sent it to great planes. I put tape on the wings so you can tell the difference. Both wings have tape on same location and length. You can also see how much deflection there is. Not the best pic but you get the point. You can see more tape showing on right wing.

Maybe it's the camera angle but it looks like it has left rudder or the vertical stab is pointing left. If it is that would explain all the 'right' aileron trim. Try putting a straight edge along side of the stab to see if it's twisted and aiming off center.
Last edited by raz; May 07, 2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old May 07, 2011, 10:56 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,022 Posts
The picture was at just a slight angle and not straight on. Gonna measure a bunch of stuff. Great planes support never got back to me.
Old May 08, 2011, 10:23 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,227 Posts
Quote:
The picture was at just a slight angle and not straight on. Gonna measure a bunch of stuff. Great planes support never got back to me.

It's fairly common to have one wing twisted a little or at least it is for me. I have had some with tons of wash-in in one wing and wash-out in the other. Have you tried heating and twisting the wings to match? I would try to twist the right wing to add some WO to match the left.
Old May 08, 2011, 11:13 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,022 Posts
I might have to give the wings a twist and see how that goes.
Old May 08, 2011, 05:27 PM
Bellbrook, Oh
Joined Jul 2008
101 Posts
wing warp

Quote:
I might have to give the wings a twist and see how that goes.
what worked for me last year is I had a twisted wing, I removed it and soaked it in water(makes it soft) for a minute, poured out the water, then layed it on the bench, see which way the twist needs to go too remove the twist, I covered the spots with thin towels so it would not mark the wing, then used a few barbell weights too weight it down, then used a piece of wood too prop up the other side. I put a little more twist the other way because the wood will spring back a little, let it dry for a week. In your case it looks to be in the middle, so wood in the center underneath, weights at the outer edge on top. Done
madatme is offline Find More Posts by madatme
Old May 08, 2011, 06:00 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,022 Posts
When i get a chance i might have to give that a try. Going to take a bunch of measurements to see which wing is the most twisted.
Old May 09, 2011, 09:28 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,227 Posts
Quote:
When i get a chance i might have to give that a try. Going to take a bunch of measurements to see which wing is the most twisted.

From the picture it's the right wing that should be twisted to match as it looks like it has wash-in and you sure don't want to add wash-in to the other wing too.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 06:10 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,227 Posts
Quote:

Have you figured out what's wrong?