HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2010, 08:56 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,217 Posts
Parkzone Sukhoi XP Maiden (attempt) video

OK guys,

here's my "what NOT to do to your beautiful Sukhoi XP" training video for your viewing pleasure!

-Mark

Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP Maiden (attempt) (1 min 19 sec)
HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2010, 09:12 PM
Joined Sep 2009
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
OK guys,

here's my "what NOT to do to your beautiful Sukhoi XP" training video for your viewing pleasure!

-Mark
Nice try! You could use some DR/EXPO like you mentioned! Looked like the high aileron/roll was causing you to lose it and crash. Dial in some expo, say 50% on the ailerons and that should help you out a lot!
earthling1984 is offline Find More Posts by earthling1984
Old Jun 18, 2010, 09:22 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,430 Posts
hmmm 2 PZ Su-26xp threads this is getting boring having to look in two threads only to find the same stuff posted twice

nothing here against you Huff, just the nature of the beast when theres two or more threads on the same plane

we should agree to try and only use one of these threads, what do you think, then if someone opens up the other we don't answer just put a link to the "Currant" thread

i would suggest we use the "Owners" thread as it is for the owners of these planes, the SU-26XP, just like the old SU-26 has it's own thread

the other thread was put up and is full of all the "waiting for it to arrive" posts so should maybe be locked? or as suggested just not used anymore, it sure would make it easier than having to open/post in two threads

your thoughts?

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jun 18, 2010, 09:25 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
OK guys,

-Mark
so can we see the vid now she flys like she should?
Old Jun 18, 2010, 09:53 PM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
Maidened mine today...

She flys great on max throws and about 35% Expo all the way around.

I noticed its hard to hover with the amount of aileron deflection on this one.

I know its not a true 3d bird but I had to open her up and move the aileron rod to the 2nd hole for increased throws...

Trouble is everytime I switched to the shorter throw hole the ailerons would lock up in full delection in one direction everytime and not return to neutral (when testing them using my TX)???

Anyone else experience this?

I tired splitting the heat shrink tubing a little to allow less friction on the grip end of the "L" bend but it didn't seem to jelp...

It's a shame as a little more aileron would help prevent the torque rolling when hovering nicely.
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:20 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,217 Posts
Hey Chuck!
yes sir, would you believe that I agree with it all? and yes again, I am guilty as charged on the posting on a couple of the Sukhoi threads ... sorry friend, didn’t mean to frustrate anybody. It seems that some, not everyone follows all the threads (like a lot of us do) and in this case, I wan’t to make as many people laugh as possible

Personally, I think that every new thread should be ‘filtered’ somehow, but not in a bad way to stifle our freedoms on the forums but somehow prevent people from not creating multiple threads of the same….that way you could have one thread to encompass all aspects of the plane be it discussion, new mods etc… I think I am watching no less than 4 UM P-51 threads just to stay onto of that particular plane and there are others that I am probably not aware of.

Sorry again and I shall refrain no matter what the urges are!

-M

P.S. heck, I’d post last nights and this afternoons vids of beautiful Sukhoi XP flying if I could get the dang keychain cam on the baseball cap bill to work for me! argh … I can’t seem to find the ‘sweet spot’ like you and others have managed to find (positioning) to capture decent playback. Most all my footage is the plane just off & outside frame and completely useless. BTW, I love your vids and am a subscriber to your YouTube Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
hmmm 2 PZ Su-26xp threads this is getting boring having to look in two threads only to find the same stuff posted twice

nothing here against you Huff, just the nature of the beast when theres two or more threads on the same plane....your thoughts?

cheers chuck
-M
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:09 AM
Cookie
Australia, NSW, Petersham
Joined Sep 2005
1,190 Posts
Mark,

Try it like this with a little bit of rubber/foam wedged under and velcro.

Peter
10x8 is offline Find More Posts by 10x8
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:59 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3,430 Posts
Hey Huff i follow all the thread and was definitely not having a go at you, as said it's what happens and i have done it myself in the radian thread as they can't seem to use just one thread there either

it was merely a suggestion to maybe help keep all the info in one place, i wonder if the guy who started the other thread could or even if he would consider locking it ? that would make it easy

as for the key cam i made a little frame for a pair of old sunnies that seems to work ok

cheers chuck
Old Jun 19, 2010, 01:05 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,217 Posts
good idea Peter, I'll give that a try !

Chuck... no worries... hey, how about posting a pic of those sunnies, I'm curious because I had a similiar thought about trying that out but couldnt figure the best way to set it up

-Mark
Old Jun 19, 2010, 03:22 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3,430 Posts
i just used some modelers plastic sheet, i got it off the kid, he had some for his war-hammer stuff.

i then cut out a rectangle, one and a half inches wide and 3 inches long, i then heated the plastic, gently, and then molded it around the sunnies with my thumb and fingers while the plastic is still warm

then pull it off the sunnies and you have a mold, cut the excess plastic off to fit the shape of the sunnies

then go up an inch and again warm the plastic with a lighter and bend the top over to form the platform for the cam, again trim all the excess plastic off

next step "IS" the hardest part glue the plastic to the sunnies using CA BUT! be careful not to drip any on your sunnies it will ruin them, yes i found out the hard way on my first set

Velcro on the top and your ready to go, just keep ya eyes on your model hahaha

oh after trimming the plastic you can warm it again and really press it around the sunnies frame, be careful though as it will melt or get too brittle

hope these photos help all out

cheers chuck

PS forgot to mention, your notice i have the cam platform slighty pointed upwards this was because when i tred the cam on my peak cap i was still not getting all in frame raising the cam up this far from my eyes seems to catch all the action, heres a good vid of the P-51 sorry i don't have any of the XP yet

The UM P-51 D on Adrenalin (6 min 22 sec)
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Jun 19, 2010 at 03:29 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:48 AM
heli addict
Ohio
Joined Nov 2003
3,675 Posts
Quote:
it was merely a suggestion to maybe help keep all the info in one place, i wonder if the guy who started the other thread could or even if he would consider locking it ? that would make it easy

cheers chuck
No offense, but the other thread was started way before this one was...
humveeflyer is offline Find More Posts by humveeflyer
Old Jun 19, 2010, 07:10 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeflyer View Post
No offense, but the other thread was started way before this one was...
yes agreed, but! the other thread is full of posts waiting for it to arrive, that makes a lot of wasted posts, new comers have to read before they get to the stuff where people actually have the plane

the new thread is from owners, that can tell about/answer question about, the plane, hey i'm easy either way just seems senseless having 2 going

cheers chuck
Old Jun 19, 2010, 07:25 AM
Joined Sep 2009
306 Posts
Quote:
yes agreed, but! the other thread is full of posts waiting for it to arrive, that makes a lot of wasted posts, new comers have to read before they get to the stuff where people actually have the plane

the new thread is from owners, that can tell about/answer question about, the plane, hey i'm easy either way just seems senseless having 2 going

cheers chuck
Yeah ;p I started the other thread the day I got and made a video review/flight on the new sukhoi. I don't know why someone else started this thread... different place in the forum though. I just watch both of them instead of telling the new guy to close his thread... 2 open is fine with me, would have been nice if everyone had just posted on the original though.

Quote:
the other thread is full of posts waiting for it to arrive
And this thread is full of one guy talking about how good the original sukhoi is for a couple pages... also much wasted space talking about the 'other thread'...
earthling1984 is offline Find More Posts by earthling1984
Last edited by earthling1984; Jun 19, 2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 08:18 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3,430 Posts
point taken, guess i'll just follow a couple of threads too hahaha
Old Jun 19, 2010, 09:18 AM
St. Louis, MO
Joined Oct 2006
1 Posts
Yikes. This thing is nowhere near ready to fly out of the box like the 4-site I bought a few weeks ago.

I dialed in the suggested DR/Expo settings from the manual into my DX7 and without even taking it outside, I could see that there's clearly not enough elevator travel. It barely moves, even on the full 3D setting, maxed out.

I moved the elevator pushrod to the bottom hole, as the manual suggests, but it still looks like barely any throw.

The other problem that I noticed is that the rudder servo doesn't respond to my Tx every time. I can push it full left and get nothing, and the full right and it responds, and then works both directions again. UGH

Charged the battery, mounted it around the center of the velcro strip and went outside... very little wind.

3 hand launches into the sky, each time the thing was so spastic that I couldn't straighten it out before plowing into the soft grass. Very very touchy, even with dual rates and expo on normal and 3D.

I think I'll shelve it for a week or two and go back to flying my Trex 450 and 250 until the community here gets this thing dialed in with some tweaks for more stable performance.

The 4-site flied balanced and perfect right out of the box. Hell, I didn't even have to do sub-trim on that thing, the control surfaces were locked in right when I bound it with a new profile in the DX7. I had the same high expectations with this Parkzone product (my first), as my E-flite foaming was doing hovers for me on the maiden flight.
jondiehl is offline Find More Posts by jondiehl