HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:08 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,519 Posts
Good on ya!

I might have to try some Hyperion 160s myself, though I don't like the idea of losing 30mAh...

Tony
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:43 AM
Joined Mar 2008
521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
Don't let turboparker see you mention anything other than Hyperions, lol
Lol

The old Hyperion 160mAh is (history!!!!)

This is what the new (PLUG AND PLAY) UM micro guys use in the Sukhoi Su26 xp

Nothing on this planet can compare with with the (PLUG AND PLAY) MEGA DURATION of the Miniaviation 190mha Li-Po

The Plug and play Miniaviation 190mha 25c Platinum Edition Battery

http://www.miniaviation.com/KM_190P.html

So if you want to get the best (PLUG AND PLAY) Li-PO on this planet go for the Plug and play (MEGA DURATION) Miniaviation 190mha 25c Platinum Edition Battery.

And make sure you get a Celectra 4-port charger to charge your (MEGA DURATION) Plug and play Miniaviation 190mha 25c Li-po's

So its (plug and play fly all day) with the (MEGA DURATION) Miniaviation 190mha 25c Li-po's and the Celectra 4-port charger

Quote My MiniAviations gave me 11 mins. in my UM T-28 in wind, WOT when going upwind.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=187

I got 12 minutes on the UM P-51 and didn't hit LVC but I'm going to keep flights to 10 minutes for the motors sake.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=188

Got 1 flight at just over 20 mins today on my T-28 ! But that was all "Scale-flying".
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=154

Just tried the miniaviation 190 25c batts in my Sukhoi Su26 xp, way more power than the Intellect/Hyperion 160 and I am getting 13mins of flight
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=34

I've also tried the new 190 mAh in my Champ now: 25 minutes to LVC.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=10

So why not try some (MEGA DURATION) massive 25c PUNCH!! Plug and play Miniaviation 190mha 25c Li-Po's..

PLUG AND PLAY FLY ALL DAY

And dont forget to get the Celectra 4-port charger A must in my opinon if you want non stop flying with out having to wait a long time between flights for the lipo to charge.

richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:52 AM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,648 Posts
Oh, I'm just waiting, lol
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:20 AM
Smasher of foam
United States, OH, Stow
Joined Sep 2012
231 Posts
Richos, why don't you just buy some (PLUG AND PLAY) MEGA DURATION ad space on rcgroups?

Everywhere I go in here, you're spamming us with your (PLUG AND PLAY) posts, of MEGA DURATION!
FunkeyMonk is offline Find More Posts by FunkeyMonk
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:25 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,954 Posts
Oh, boy. Let's not start the 'this car is better because it has a larger fuel-tank', and comparing the performance of higher-capacity batts to lower capacity batts crap again. It is an insult to the intelligence of those who frequent this thread.

I have yet to see any objective, scientific testing done at real-world currents (1.5-3A) that compares the MAs to Hyps of similar capacity. For instance - there is a reason why they never compare the MA 190 to the Hyp 180. It's because MA cells do not outperform Hyp cells of similar capacity. It is as simple as that.

Joel.
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:15 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,648 Posts
...And there it is, lol
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:56 PM
Joined Mar 2008
521 Posts
Quote:
...And there it is, lol
Annnnd BINGO!! TeHe Lol and sniger

Hay BryanEW710 Have you got a British sence of humor like me??

Some guys get it, but some guys dont ??

It goes straight over the head of some guys Lol i dont think they get it Its nice to see an American with the same sence of humor as me

WOW!! i got Cyber Trolled in post #2854 how cool is that thats the first time iv been Trolled on the internet!!!

All i say about the Miniaviation 190mha 25c Li-po is (PLUG AND PLAY) (MASSIVE POWER) and (MEGA MEGA DURATION) and (MASSIVE 25c PUNCH) and (BEST UM PLUG AND PLAY 1 CELL LIPO ON THE FACE OF THIS PLANET)

Oh, I'm just waiting, lol

Thanks BryanEW710 for your sence of humor LOL and a high 5 to you
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Last edited by richos; Jan 26, 2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:07 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,648 Posts
Honestly, it's not a matter of a sense of humor. I just know that folks here are big on numbers and research, and every time someone trumpets the Minivations (which no one has ever done a real comparison test on that I've ever seen), they come out to correct the poster about it.

(Can't really say that they're wrong, either)
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:41 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richos View Post

The Turnigys can't be as bad as this chart indicates! I have a few and they actually work almost as well as my Thunder Power 25Cs. It's the nanotechs that are were a waste of my money.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:54 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
The Turnigys can't be as bad as this chart indicates! I have a few and they actually work almost as well as my Thunder Power 25Cs. It's the nanotechs that are were a waste of my money.
The standard Turnigy 160's perform better than the Nanotechs?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:13 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Quote:
The standard Turnigy 160's perform better than the Nanotechs?
I have over 30+ nanotech 160's and I can say this: Cold weather they are complete crap. Below 50 degrees you may get 1-2 minutes out of them. In warm weather they fly perfectly fine but they really lack the punch of the hyperions but they are still much better over the stock the batteries.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:08 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,954 Posts
The problem with the Turnigys & other cheap Chinese LiPos is that they're a crap-shoot. Some work reasonably well, some don't. Most start fading away after only 30 cycles or so. In contrast, the Hyp 160s are good for around 300 cycles at 5c charge before they start to fade away.They have much lower internal resistance, which is why you get such a noticeable bump in thrust-to-weight & top-speed. The best batts for this plane are the Hyp 180 & 240 mAh 'flatpack' UM cells. The Hyp 180 provides way more punch than the Hyp 160, and the Hyp 240 provides even better vertical. With the factory motor, a 5043 prop, and a Hyp 180, my XP has nearly unlimited vertical even 5 minutes into the flight.

Lightly-modded ParkZone Sukhoi XP - part 1: Vertical, harriers, flat-spins, torque-rolls & more (9 min 2 sec)

Lightly-modded ParkZone Sukhoi XP - part 2: Vertical, harriers, flat-spins, snaps, KE & more (9 min 33 sec)

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:25 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,658 Posts
Hey guys I'm just popping in for a quick question.

What are the differences between these items?

Motor (PKZUM1016)
Gearbox (PKZUM1027)
Found in the SU26XP

&

Motor (PKZ3616)
Gearbox (PKZ3527)
Found in recent warbird releases

The only thing that I think may be different is the spur gear, is that so?

I need to pick up some new gearboxes namely the PKZ3527, but I found that these ones were half the price but looked more or less the same PKZUM1027
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:37 AM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,954 Posts
ValiantGLX,

The UM Champ & original Sukhoi 26m use a lower-power version of the 8.5mm pager motor. The rest of the 1s UM planes use a significantly more powerful version. The only difference between the motors in the 1s warbirds, XP, and Pole Cat is the length of the power wires. They all have the same power output and they all use the same pinion & spur gears. However, the gearboxes are not all the same. Some are bottom-mount, while others are top-mount. I've never messed around with swapping gearboxes, so I'm not sure which ones are interchangeable with the XP gearbox.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 13, 2013, 09:02 AM
mcx2, mcpx2, sukhoi XP, DX6i
Canada, BC, Comox-Strathcona
Joined Apr 2012
22 Posts
So I just tried to order a new sukhoi xp to replace my war torn one from last year and it's discontinued!

Is there a replacement in the works or are we out of luck on the 1S front? Also if someone knows where I can still order a new one shipped to Canada at a decent price let me know.

If there's no hope of getting a new one I guess I could break down and get a pole cat but it really doesn't seem like the same thing
AaronG is offline Find More Posts by AaronG