Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 25, 2011, 09:05 PM
Lucid Dreamer
USA, CA, Temecula
Joined Jul 2005
646 Posts
Thanks guys. The terminology is what got me.

Quite expensive considering what it is. I'll see if maybe Horizon will send me a pair since the plane is brand new.
kobkobico is offline Find More Posts by kobkobico
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:07 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobkobico View Post
Thanks guys. The terminology is what got me.

Quite expensive considering what it is. I'll see if maybe Horizon will send me a pair since the plane is brand new.
The Elevator Servo rack is an

SPM6832

The Aileron Servo rack is an EFLH1066.

Horizon may send you one of these. The gears pull right off and press right on.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:12 PM
Joined Jun 2011
153 Posts
they package and sell the gears as eflh1068... ask them for that part number to fix the problem
apothecarion is offline Find More Posts by apothecarion
Old Jun 26, 2011, 12:03 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apothecarion View Post
they package and sell the gears as eflh1068... ask them for that part number to fix the problem
Cool. I didn't know they sold just the gears.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jun 26, 2011, 12:10 AM
Lucid Dreamer
USA, CA, Temecula
Joined Jul 2005
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apothecarion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Cool. I didn't know they sold just the gears.
Neither did I but it looks like they do:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1068

Really appreciate the info, I'll call Horizon and request it.

Had my rudder lock in position today after a very hard spin. I reduced travel to 95%. No problems since. I love how slow you can fly the Sukhoi in a harrier, I had a lot of fun figuring out how to do that without flipping into the grass. It's also fun to get it to hover next to you like a kite, in the wind.
kobkobico is offline Find More Posts by kobkobico
Old Jun 26, 2011, 02:49 AM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Chris,

Congrats on the maiden! The GWs 5043 is currently the best prop for outdoor flying. With the 5043 & a top-notch cell, the XP is capable of essentially unlimited vertical even 5 minutes into the flight.

Joel

Cheers dude
Think il be swapping the prop out soon.

edit: i have some gws5043 props on the way
but how should i mount them? i cant find any gws spn001 spinners in the uk.... so that rules that out...
i have seen people with prop savers mounted but im unsure of what im looking for.
Cheers Chris
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris
Last edited by lord chris; Jun 26, 2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 06:56 AM
Joined Mar 2008
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris View Post
Cheers dude
Think il be swapping the prop out soon.
lord chris if you are going to gouge out a hole in the belly of your nice new SU-26xp make sure that you dont make the same mistake i did years ago with the old fat NON PLUG AND PLAY Zippy and hyperion 180mha and 250mha imake sure you get some .35 x 2mm carbon strip to reinforce your lower fuselage from the lipo hole to 40mm past the trailing edge of the wing or your little new SU-26xps lower fuselage will snap like mine did when i used tho haul around the old stile over weight fat lipos.

Another mod i have tried is the old block of 6mm depron foam and velcro to fill the lipo hole trick, but my little old Sukhoi looked like it had a scale 150 gallon tank stuck to its little belly, it looked terrible and as for the aerodynamics well ..(Big fat airbrake springs to mind) and not very pleasing to the eye.

Well that was years ago! things have realy PROGRESSED lately with Lipo technology .

I was looking for a set of replacement Lipos for the new flying season and i came across the Plug and play Miniaviation 190mha 25c Platinum Edition Lipos.
The ones you came across lord chris! (and made in the uk)

So i thort i would give them a go in my little Sukhoi . I set my pocket stopwatch for 6 mins no no sign off LVC then 8 mins then 10 then 12 thats it im not going past that . 12 minutes of flight is great for me i just keep on putting the Lipos into my four port celectra charger and fly non stop DONT YOU JUST LOVE PLUG AND PLAY

PROGRESS is great with the new lipos comeing out , much better than the fat old lipos we had to make in the old days (more power less weight and the same 25c punch of the old non plug and play Lipos)

Watch out for the old Miniaviation 180 15c as thay are not as powerful as the New Plug and play Miniaviation 190mha 25c Platinum Edition Lipos thay are only 15c .

Its a lovely day in the UK so im off to do some flying before the wind picks up.

Hope this information helps you Lord Chris i dont want you to make the same mistakes and waste your money and end up ruining your lovely New SU-26XP .

Dont we all love PROGRESS
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old Jun 26, 2011, 08:37 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,656 Posts
Richos,

You keep on saying that the Hyp 180 is overweight. A homebrew Hyp 180 UM cell w/pigtail & connector weighs less than the MA 190! I suggest that you get your facts straight before making such statements.

Plug & play Hyp 180 'M' ----- 5.65g
Bare Hyp 180 + connector -- 4.84g
Plug & play MA 190 --------- 5.1g

You also lump Hyp & Zippy cells together in the same sentence - as if to imply that they are similar in performance. Of course, this pure BS. Sort of like the tactics car salespeople use to sway prospective buyers. The graphs I posted show that @ 1.6A, the Zippy 240 can barely match the performance of the Hyp 130! The Zippys are not even close to being in the same league as the Hyp cells.

You mentioned that mounting the cell with foam ruined the aerodynamics of the XP. How so? Many veteran pilots have been using that mounting method, and we have not noticed any change in flight-behavior as compared to a flush-mounted cell. You talk about "progress", yet you do not post static RPM data or even a comparison test of the MA 190 & Hyp 180 with which to back your claims. Also - a 2c charge-rate is not progress. All Hyp cells can be charged @ 5c for 300-400 cycles with no loss in performance. The latest TP cells can be charged @ 12c for over 600 cycles with no reduction in performance.

How many 5c charge cycles can the MA 190 handle without any loss in performance?

Also, we need some hard test data. Static RPM is the measure of battery performance - not flight-time! If you're going to promote LiPo cells, you need a tach. Otherwise, you have nothing with which to back your claims. Again - flight-time doesn't mean squat when it comes to performance. Let's see some static RPM data on the MA 190 vs. the Hyp 180.

According to the graph data, the Hyp 180 outperforms the MA 190 - if the MA discharge data was taken @ 1.6A or less. What discharge current was used in the MA tests?

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Jun 26, 2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 09:02 AM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,948 Posts
Joel your my new "HERO"
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:38 AM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,156 Posts
Here is a crappy video from yesterday made with my 808 keychain cam velcroed to a baseball cap. The xp is my first aerobatic plank, and I have about 25 flights on it now. Video was my second flight with the 5043 prop and cheap nanotech 25c batteries. I flew helicopters only for about 5 years (never very good at it) and since last August I got hooked on fixed wing flying. Prior planes have been 2 custom F-27c Strykers an original FunJet and a UM T-28. After playing around for a few weeks on clearview with Aerobatics I decided to give the XP a try. So far I love it especially now with a good prop on it.

SU-26xp New prop.avi (4 min 17 sec)

Best view full screen on 480 dpi sorry about the quality a better camera is on my wish list.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:54 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
Here is a crappy video from yesterday made with my 808 keychain cam velcroed to a baseball cap. The xp is my first aerobatic plank, and I have about 25 flights on it now. Video was my second flight with the 5043 prop and cheap nanotech 25c batteries. I flew helicopters only for about 5 years (never very good at it) and since last August I got hooked on fixed wing flying. Prior planes have been 2 custom F-27c Strykers an original FunJet and a UM T-28. After playing around for a few weeks on clearview with Aerobatics I decided to give the XP a try. So far I love it especially now with a good prop on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3IkQayCjPY

Best view full screen on 480 dpi sorry about the quality a better camera is on my wish list.
MARCOELDRAGON,

Great flying! Quite impressive, especially given your time on the sticks! If you like her with the nanos, try a Hyperion 160 or 180. You will find that she's a completely different bird! (In a very good way!)

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2011, 12:11 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
MARCOELDRAGON,

Great flying! Quite impressive, especially given your time on the sticks! If you like her with the nanos, try a Hyperion 160 or 180. You will find that she's a completely different bird! (In a very good way!)

Joel
Ya know, a month or so ago and I would have been, nah the nanos are fine. I mean, I have around 30 nano-tech 160s lol. Now, after experiencing the hyperion 160's and the 2s hyperion 180's, I will never buy another nanotech. Damn you turboparker, rcabbel and others lol, but I also love you guys for it. Such a difference it makes. My poor sukhoi is down till I can get the motor mount reglued in, it ripped out during midflight lol. Turboparker isn't lieing, it really is that much better.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Jun 26, 2011, 04:08 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,156 Posts
Thanks for the praise. Yes I intend on getting the Hyperion 180 soon, that seems to be the best bang for the buck. Still working my way through this thread, made it to page 46 so far and great info. I bought the XP last Friday and ordered the Nanotechs off of EBay that night before I started reading this thread. Wish I had waited a tad bit but they are better than the E-Flite 150's. I'll get some Hyperion's and use the nano's and E-Flites in my mSR and UM T-28. One quick question I never even put my landing gear on as all of my flying is over grass, how many out there have done the same?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 05:05 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,015 Posts
I actually prefer landing gear to be on. I like landing on the road. It is sooo much easier to just plop it in the grass though.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Jun 26, 2011, 05:53 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,156 Posts
Out of 150+ flights with my UM T-28 I had the gear on it maybe 15 times. I got tired of chipping the props so I switched to hand launches and belly flop landing in the grass. Since I fly Strykers and a FunJet it just seemed the natural thing to do, probably saved me some money in the long run. I should put the gear on the XP and at least give it a try though.