SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:43 PM
Joined Sep 2009
314 Posts
Discussion
The Sukhoi Su-26xp Has Arrived

Hey all! I got the Sukhoi SU-26xp today! Just arrived at the local hobby shop! Man is it nice! Has a lot of power over the original sukhoi and flies like a dream!

This plane is aimed at intermediate to advanced pilots because it is super responsive and beginner pilots will tend to over compensate. If you can fly 4ch planes, you should be ok though! Use expo or DR if you need it!

Here is my unboxing / review / maiden flight video!
Sukhoi SU-26xp Unboxing / Review / Maiden Flight! (11 min 41 sec)
earthling1984 is offline Find More Posts by earthling1984
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:49 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,979 Posts
well done earthling - thanks for the unbox and video - looks much more fun then p51
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
Old Jun 10, 2010, 05:55 PM
Joined Jan 2008
721 Posts
looks like it still has the horrible sukhoi slow flight.
wrcsti is offline Find More Posts by wrcsti
Old Jun 10, 2010, 09:25 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2 Posts
lucky

Man I can't wait for mine to arrive. The speed of this little plane is fantastic. It'll be nice to travel w/ a small plane, right now I own nothing under 100" wingspans
sulcnasty is offline Find More Posts by sulcnasty
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:49 PM
AMA #953123
Eugene, ORYGUN
Joined Mar 2009
2,203 Posts
Great video. Thanks for the review.
VROOMSTER is offline Find More Posts by VROOMSTER
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:15 PM
Joined Sep 2009
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcsti View Post
looks like it still has the horrible sukhoi slow flight.
actually it is WAY FASTER than the first sukhoi... way more powerful and way faster!

or if you mean it flys bad when it is going slow? Well I will test more, but the airframe is the same, so it would have similar slow speed flight characteristics. My sukhoi flew pretty well at slow speed though...
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:39 PM
Joined Jan 2008
721 Posts
yours goes into a stall and got draged by the prop like mine. impossible to control in my experience.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:54 PM
Joined Sep 2009
314 Posts
Quote:
yours goes into a stall and got draged by the prop like mine. impossible to control in my experience.
I had no problem controling the original sukhoi, I just always was wanting more speed and hovering ability for more 3D tricks. Wait for my next video which will be more zoomed in. This thing flies great and I haven't noticed any stall tendencies.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:16 AM
Joined Sep 2009
314 Posts
anyone else got a hold of this amazing plane yet? I'd love to hear some experiences with it!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:51 AM
USA, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2007
933 Posts
I posted in the micro RTF forum, but you're right about this being an intermediate/advanced plane. Even on low rates, this is a very quick and responsive plane. I'll see how it does set up for 3D for the elevator in the next few weeks.
7rider is offline Find More Posts by 7rider
Old Jun 11, 2010, 01:57 PM
Joined Jan 2008
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthling1984 View Post
I had no problem controling the original sukhoi, I just always was wanting more speed and hovering ability for more 3D tricks. Wait for my next video which will be more zoomed in. This thing flies great and I haven't noticed any stall tendencies.
It happened when you were flying in your front yard. It has great speed and vertical but it does not like slowflight. It will tip stall and rock side to side like yours did and theres only 2 ways to save it. Full power and climb vertical to level off, or cut the power and hope theres grass beneath it.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 02:26 PM
Joined Sep 2009
314 Posts
Quote:
It happened when you were flying in your front yard. It has great speed and vertical but it does not like slowflight. It will tip stall and rock side to side like yours did and theres only 2 ways to save it. Full power and climb vertical to level off, or cut the power and hope theres grass beneath it.
well I didn't use full throttle at all during my flights in the video; but yes, when you are going at turtle speed, any plane will start to stall, you have to know your planes flight characteristics. Only planes that will 'glide' at almost no power are high wing trainers and gliders... this is a 3D plane.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:06 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,332 Posts
Subscribed
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:44 AM
Joined Sep 2009
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Subscribed
cool, more flights will come soon!
Old Jun 12, 2010, 03:08 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
961 Posts
After about the 100th flight on my old suke the airframe is toast! Maybe it's due to the fact that I can't see those fricken overhead power lines (ever!) I hit them even when I'm not near them . I love this plane, It harriers, hovers (not well) waterfalls loops, rolls and flies inverted for as long as you want. It's the best flying micro I have ever owned. It sets the standard for micro flight imo. I'll be trying the new one now and the video looks great btw. Thanks for the review. I'll be picking up my new suke soon.
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE