SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 19, 2011, 08:30 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettOZ84 View Post
Well, I switched out the prop to the 2 blade... I currently have the 11x5.5 on there, but waiting for a 11x7 to show up. I also replaced the spinner as I didn't really like the look of just a prop nut. Just have to secure the landing gear and I should be ready for maiden. I hope that my CG is ok at 64mm from LE thats the closest I can get it to 72-74mm which most are flying at.
what size and type prop adapter is that as well as spinner?
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2011, 01:51 AM
Swinger. Heli and planks!
United States, OR, Foster
Joined Mar 2007
945 Posts
E-Spinner 2.0" Transparent Black that I painted jet black. Using a 11x7 electric APC prop.
BennettOZ84 is offline Find More Posts by BennettOZ84
Old May 21, 2011, 07:53 AM
CF-JUL
Quebec, Canada
Joined May 2010
35 Posts
I have the sky trainer 400 too, but I flew it into a tree :P, the only tree off the field LOL. No damage, but a lot of green leaf schmu on the prop. I havent flew it since (Im busy building an other plane), but now it will be converted to FPV. I'm gonna try the top hatch mod to install my FPV gear and get a better CG balance. I'm using a 3s 3000mah lipo on it, and I had to stick many lead weight on the motor mount to get a decent CG, even if i moved the lipo about 3" to the front
julienjj is offline Find More Posts by julienjj
Old May 23, 2011, 01:57 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
today i put a 11x8 2 blade prop on with a black greatplanes spinner,all i have to say it woke it up ALOT!! it has more torque and more speed,with the extra power i can easy throttle up to get out of trouble and i dont have to fly 3/4 to full throttle anymore all the time. the 2 blade prop it worth it!!
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old May 24, 2011, 12:23 PM
Joined Apr 2011
8 Posts
Since it is identical aircraft to HK flyzone cessna 400 I post this link to the way I have solved the CG problem. (by putting the battery right behind the engine)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=26

Enjoy.
Flying_student is offline Find More Posts by Flying_student
Last edited by Flying_student; May 24, 2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old May 25, 2011, 09:32 AM
CF-JUL
Quebec, Canada
Joined May 2010
35 Posts
This is mine, i changed that generic N1141L number for a canadian identification just using avery transparent full sheet clear labels
Old May 28, 2011, 01:33 AM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by julienjj View Post
I have the sky trainer 400 too, but I flew it into a tree :P, the only tree off the field LOL. No damage, but a lot of green leaf schmu on the prop. I havent flew it since (Im busy building an other plane), but now it will be converted to FPV. I'm gonna try the top hatch mod to install my FPV gear and get a better CG balance. I'm using a 3s 3000mah lipo on it, and I had to stick many lead weight on the motor mount to get a decent CG, even if i moved the lipo about 3" to the front
This plane is kinda heavy as it is. Instead of adding weights you should relocate your battery forward. Plenty of room inside the cabin if you cut the hatch. I like the black trim on your wings
Visor is offline Find More Posts by Visor
Old May 28, 2011, 07:32 AM
CF-JUL
Quebec, Canada
Joined May 2010
35 Posts
The black trim is my wing de-icing system, just in case
TKS Installation Cessna 400 Corvalis TT (1 min 26 sec)
Old Jun 10, 2011, 07:46 PM
I hate gravity!!
Tampa, Florida
Joined Jan 2010
135 Posts
Strobes

I just got my strobes hooked up thanks too the help from Visor. Just have to add a y-harness to operate both the strobes and landing light, then it will be ready for flight.
STROBES.AVI (0 min 48 sec)
schrockie is offline Find More Posts by schrockie
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:12 AM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrockie View Post
I just got my strobes hooked up thanks too the help from Visor. Just have to add a y-harness to operate both the strobes and landing light, then it will be ready for flight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEiKp..._order&list=UL
Pretty good!

I think I will take mine out today to shake the dust off... - I was mostly flying Apprentice lately, but I had a little incident
(ordered a new tail )

Night Flight Goes Wrong (8 min 9 sec)
Old Jun 11, 2011, 05:40 PM
I hate gravity!!
Tampa, Florida
Joined Jan 2010
135 Posts
That was the best. Not only flying at night/dusk, once you lose your plane, you have a good enough woman to follow into the depths of hell to retieve it. I love the lights, great vid, hands down you are the man

If you know a woman down in Florida like that, HOOK US UP!

Have a good weekend Visor, Thanks again.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 02:56 AM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrockie View Post
That was the best. Not only flying at night/dusk, once you lose your plane, you have a good enough woman to follow into the depths of hell to retieve it. I love the lights, great vid, hands down you are the man

If you know a woman down in Florida like that, HOOK US UP!

Have a good weekend Visor, Thanks again.
Ahhmmm... I'm sure you have women like that in Florida, there's gotta be! I can't imagine alligators ate them all up... no way...

Thanks for your compliments, I showed your comment to my woman - she giggled (which is good...)

Flying went great today. Someone else at the flying field wants strobe lights like that now... Is it time to start a mass production and become a gazillionaire?
LOL
Old Jun 12, 2011, 03:24 AM
I hate gravity!!
Tampa, Florida
Joined Jan 2010
135 Posts
Strobes

Build it and they will come!! Remember, YOU are the man, and I can't see you marketing these lights for anything less than 30 or 40 bucks a shot. What you do is wonderful, exciting, and makes me get out of bed early in the mornig to show off what you have created. Hopefully I'll get enough nerve to try a night fight with this one andget some vid to see your work in action. OHH, did I , mention that YOU'RE the man. Thanks Visor!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:01 PM
Joined May 2010
85 Posts
well i maidened my sky trainer yesterday, a perfect successful flight! first time up was sketchy at best, even with the new turnigy outrunner and 40 amp esc, and battery farther forward it was still tail heavy.

landed, pushed battery farther forward (had cut out a slot earlier) and flew awesome. tested flaps on take off and landing, smooth as butter in the air.

a word to the wise, i wouldnt suggest flying it stock... it was just enough with the upgraded system.

mods done so far were, bigger rubber wheels, reinforced front landing gear, upgraded power system, and flaps instaled.

only regret with this plane was not taking it up sooner! had since christmas too nervous to fly it.
ninjafishable is offline Find More Posts by ninjafishable
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:58 PM
Swinger. Heli and planks!
United States, OR, Foster
Joined Mar 2007
945 Posts
Mine is flying 99.5% stock. I switched out the 3 bladed prop to a 2 bladed. I had 4 more great flights yesterday with mine. I fly at roughly 3/4 throttle, but still have enough to get me out of trouble if needed.
BennettOZ84 is offline Find More Posts by BennettOZ84