HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:42 AM
What's tomorrows forecast?
indiana
Joined Jun 2009
288 Posts
the go pro can take some great vids. team blacksheep mounts it on a maxi swift flying wing and it's awesome fpv flying. check it out.

Happy New Year from Team BlackSheep (1 min 41 sec)
coinworker is offline Find More Posts by coinworker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2011, 06:46 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
This is a nice video Coinworker! At the end I was involuntary trying to pull nonexistent elevator up in hope for another takeoff

Here is another video of my Cessna 400 nav lights, taken with that little HD camera They are bright enough to be visible in daylight too, the only problem then is with video camera not capturing every strobe flash.

Cessna 400 Nav lights (0 min 16 sec)
Visor is offline Find More Posts by Visor
Old Jan 22, 2011, 07:36 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
I posted this in Apprentice thread. But its entertaining enough to be here as well :-)

Don't mess with the Apprentice! (4 min 20 sec)
Old Jan 26, 2011, 05:49 PM
Joined May 2010
86 Posts
hey guys.. little more progress, aaannnddd a step backward. got the 40 amp and new motor all hooked up, plane ready to fly. doing some taxi-ing around in the garage and clumsy me bumbed into a chair with prop spinning and bent the stock spinner.

boo.. anyways ordered two spares, and tryin to get the original back to true.. but most likely will just toss it as no damage was done to the motor.

lots more power now.. definately feels solid now.

on a side note, i did my first winter flying.. i took my axn floater jet out.. yeah very cold lol. i had alot of fun just scooting around on the snow
ninjafishable is offline Find More Posts by ninjafishable
Last edited by ninjafishable; Jan 26, 2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 01:05 AM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
Sorry to hear about your broken spinner

Our weather was good today and I managed to have few flights, for the first time since maiden. Unfortunately no video. The plane is still wanting to bank left, just not as bad as before. A little trimming fixed it OK. Had 3 harder landings (lucky no scrapes or bruises), followed by the last one - it was a picture perfect landing. I am quite happy with the performance, but will replace the motor with a bigger one. This motor makes some funny noise... and I am not ready to laugh yet.

Also pushed Apprentice to see how high the sky was. Check it out

Apprentice Goes High (2 min 0 sec)
Last edited by Visor; Jan 27, 2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 04:55 AM
Hungary, Europe
Joined Feb 2009
106 Posts
Hi Visor,
Nice landscape, good flying environment for shooting videos and for scale strip-landing. I like it a lot!
It seems that the decoration from your stabilizer was peeled off and blowing in the wind...

My Cessna still hasn't flown: combined effect of too many projects and lack of inspiring weather.
Pigeonflyer is offline Find More Posts by Pigeonflyer
Old Jan 27, 2011, 07:08 AM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visor View Post
Also pushed Apprentice to see how high the sky was. Check it out
Wow!@! 2800' is UP there!

I assume you had an Eagletree type device onboard to measure the altitude? I hope your version of the FAA doesn't find out--that's probably restricted airspace for a Boeing 737 landing pattern!@! LOL
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:18 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeonflyer View Post
Hi Visor,
Nice landscape, good flying environment for shooting videos and for scale strip-landing. I like it a lot!
It seems that the decoration from your stabilizer was peeled off and blowing in the wind...

My Cessna still hasn't flown: combined effect of too many projects and lack of inspiring weather.
I am sure some inspiring weather is on its way already.

In our place it rains a lot... but sometimes it stops, and it is realy nice.

The stabilizer has lost its top layer, it peeled off and partially shredded. There must have been a defect in the leading edge. Oh well, no big deal.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:32 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
Wow!@! 2800' is UP there!

I assume you had an Eagletree type device onboard to measure the altitude? I hope your version of the FAA doesn't find out--that's probably restricted airspace for a Boeing 737 landing pattern!@! LOL
This is the altimeter: http://www.wingedshadow.com/howhigh.html

As to FAA, my flying friend is into all kinds of rules and regulations. According to him, if you are 10km away from the airport, there is no restriction on altitude for RC model planes in Canada. I did try to search for it myself, but couldn't find much.

Of course as with any rule and regulation a common sense should be used as THE rule #1.

Happy and safe flying!
Last edited by Visor; Jan 29, 2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: grammar
Old Feb 02, 2011, 07:01 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
that video inspired me to get an HD camera for use on my planes. Just have not tested it on a plane yet.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Feb 03, 2011, 11:31 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
that video inspired me to get an HD camera for use on my planes. Just have not tested it on a plane yet.
Maybe this will inspire you even more

Attached some super bright LEDs, just like that:

Apprentice LED (0 min 18 sec)

Waited until it started getting dark...
(In reality the sky was much darker than it looks on the video)
And off she went!

Apprentice Evening Flight (5 min 38 sec)
Old Feb 08, 2011, 09:23 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
ok, Visor, here we go:
This isn't a skytrainer, but a Hawksky it's on
HawkSky with GoPro1 (9 min 2 sec)
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Feb 08, 2011, 11:11 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
Quote:
ok, Visor, here we go:
Thats awesome! Its almost like I was flying it
Subscribing

Here is some kite flying for you. It was very windy that day!

It is never too windy! (4 min 0 sec)
Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:30 AM
Hungary, Europe
Joined Feb 2009
106 Posts
Quote:
Your Hawk(-in-the-)sky deserves its name. Bird near miss at 1:33

Nice flight.
Pigeonflyer is offline Find More Posts by Pigeonflyer
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:23 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Aug 2008
216 Posts
Today the weather was great, so I took my Cessna for another flight (my third outing). The takeoff was scary - I managed to avoid that big tree patch... the plane was heading right for it!. Whew! I did not try any fancy stuff, still trying to get used to this new plane. I had to abort the first landing, the plane still had lots of lift and was not ready for a flare. The second landing was good.

The camera captured some strobe flashes, in real life they look much more impressive . The plane handles well, it is stable and responsive. I find the elevator is a bit too touchy, I may tone it down a bit... or I may get used to it. We'll see.

That grey Trojan you see there... it is no more! Well, it may be repairable, I don't know. The guy who piloted it misjudged the distance and attacked the trees. The trees won.

Cessna 400 Corvalis (4 min 47 sec)