HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:35 AM
USA, MI, Zeeland
Joined Sep 2006
352 Posts
Discussion
Wild Hare Slick 540 Build help

I am about to glue my vertical and horizontal stab to this plane. Are there any tips and tricks for making these square? How do I insure the horizontal stab is level with the wing? Do you eye ball it? If the angle needs to be changed slightly how do you do that? Thanks for the tips!
Diesel 48 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel 48
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:41 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,848 Posts
The eyeball is the best method. If you can, mount the wing and view the H stab for level, also view from on top to see if it looks cock-eyed.

The H stab need to be quite a way out to affect the flight. The V stab should be as in-line with the fuselage as possible. But again it has to be quite visually wrong to have much affect.

Same for the motor. For down thrust and right thrust, put the prop on, (or something flat with a hole in it), and just make sure you can visually tell that there is some slight angle in the right direction. Once flown, then the trust line can be changed to suit the flying characteristics, (usually by putting a washer space behind the motor mount, if you have one). There is no exact angle of down and right, each model can be different.

In a catastrophic mounting job, a knife and glue can solve most things.
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray