HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2012, 12:25 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,768 Posts
Just lost my AXN with gopro and 5.8ghz transmitter was only about 300m away but can't find it. There goes 300! Luckily it's only just across the road from my house and the gopro is in its waterproof case, hoping when autumn comes I can have an attempt at looking!
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2012, 12:31 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Just lost my AXN with gopro and 5.8ghz transmitter was only about 300m away but can't find it. There goes 300! Luckily it's only just across the road from my house and the gopro is in its waterproof case, hoping when autumn comes I can have an attempt at looking!
I just love 5.8

300m not too far from you. Why do you have to wait till Autumn??

OH

Leaves
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:30 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
What the Puck!!

Holy Puck!! (1 min 58 sec)

mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:48 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
talk about over engineering the project !!!
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:12 PM
United Kingdom, England, North Lincolnshire
Joined Nov 2010
42 Posts
Quote:
That sucks, but 300m is pretty close surely you can just get a couple of guys together and do a quick sweep of the field?
woodss is offline Find More Posts by woodss
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodss View Post
That sucks, but 300m is pretty close surely you can just get a couple of guys together and do a quick sweep of the field?
We have searched and searched. No idea where its gone. Thought i had a good idea but all the fields have 2ft high grass that conceals planes far too easily. Will be out the checking tomorrow. Not to bothered about the plane, just the gopro really!!

Guys, if you haven't already, take this as a warning, add names and addressed to all your equip and have some form of finding your plane (buzzer, plane finder, gps etc). I though't i didn't need it as i would only fly close range, WRONG! Gutted now!
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:59 PM
United Kingdom, England, North Lincolnshire
Joined Nov 2010
42 Posts
Ah i'm sure you'll find it mate
woodss is offline Find More Posts by woodss
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Oct 2009
824 Posts
Quote:
We have searched and searched. No idea where its gone. Thought i had a good idea but all the fields have 2ft high grass that conceals planes far too easily. Will be out the checking tomorrow. Not to bothered about the plane, just the gopro really!!

Guys, if you haven't already, take this as a warning, add names and addressed to all your equip and have some form of finding your plane (buzzer, plane finder, gps etc). I though't i didn't need it as i would only fly close range, WRONG! Gutted now!
Might be a bit late now but ussually when i crash i walk around where i thought it crashed and twitch the servos around and listen out for it. It quite often works as long as the battery hasn't ejected.
unialfred is offline Find More Posts by unialfred
Old Aug 05, 2012, 01:55 AM
Joined Sep 2009
3,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unialfred View Post
Might be a bit late now but ussually when i crash i walk around where i thought it crashed and twitch the servos around and listen out for it. It quite often works as long as the battery hasn't ejected.
I tried that with the motor and servos. Yesterday was a windy day which meant i heard nothing. I'm gonna put another plane up with a camera on and fly over the long grass to rule that out. Other than that it's search all tree lines around where i thought it was!
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:04 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,076 Posts
Quote:
I tried that with the motor and servos. Yesterday was a windy day which meant i heard nothing. I'm gonna put another plane up with a camera on and fly over the long grass to rule that out. Other than that it's search all tree lines around where i thought it was!
I can recommend the LOC8TOR a little pet tracker that would locate a 5g beacon over a 100m range.
there might be a bit of a hiccup if you are using 2.4GHz at the beacon might turn itself on on seen your RC transmitter frequency.
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:07 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,941 Posts
Quote:

Yep sage advice and there are honest people still about I had a flyaway humm two years ago four days later I get a phone call from the number on the side of my EZ*
Landed in someone's back garden over a mile away lipo & key fob cam was shagged but the card still showed the trip
20.00 in the finders hand for ice cream for her kids she was very happy so was I

Regards Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:01 AM
Joined Jan 2011
78 Posts
This is one of my latest ground fpv.I tried to use you tube deshaker and it made video look funny.It did helped a litle but im better of making more stable camera mount.Girl was realy interested in my car at 9:15 so i gave her a few beeps.
becontree park fpv (11 min 56 sec)

And if anyone interested i got some fpv stuff for sale its on UK CLASSIFIEDS.
srux is offline Find More Posts by srux
Last edited by srux; Aug 05, 2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:25 AM
I Love Tea!
North East England
Joined Oct 2009
987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srux View Post
This is one of my latest ground fpv.I tried to use you tube deshaker and it made video look funny.It did helped a litle but im better of making more stable camera mount.Girl was realy interested in my car at 9:15 so i gave her a few bee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ47e0Ke4KU
And if anyone interested i got some fpv stuff for sale its on UK CLASSIFIEDS.
Ha ha, the kid was fascinated. What vehicle you using?
Husky2000 is offline Find More Posts by Husky2000
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:18 AM
Joined Jan 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky2000 View Post
Mine is about 120mm from the metal casing, or about 89mm from the screw hinge. I'm still using it to get me a little over a mile though some diy sp antennas are in order now I think.
Cheers mine are the same they just seemed too short for 1.2
dallibab is offline Find More Posts by dallibab