SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Jan 2011
78 Posts
Hi guys is anyone of you doing car fpv ?I live in london.
srux is offline Find More Posts by srux
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:06 PM
Dirty Dozen FPV
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,538 Posts
I have an FPV Crawler. Its a bit slow and you can't really use it's crawling abilities to their full while FPVing. I'm going to swap the equipment to a monster truck at some point, I think it will be a better platform for FPV.

You starting your own land FPV project?
Wayno Complaino is offline Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srux View Post
Hi guys is anyone of you doing car fpv ?I live in london.

Watch Dave on free view tomorrow "driving wars" there's real fpv'd cars on there
Liam
L14m is offline Find More Posts by L14m
Old Aug 01, 2012, 07:05 PM
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Oct 2009
824 Posts
I've tried my fair share of ground based fpv. My personal favourite is to make small simple "robots" (for indoor driving(slow and manouverable))and think up new gadgets to put on them. Like lights. I do have a couple of bigger outdoor fpv cars/trucks which i sometimes have a fiddle with.(the hardest i tried was fpv drifting :P) maybe at the next bounce we should have some ground based fpv
unialfred is offline Find More Posts by unialfred
Last edited by unialfred; Aug 01, 2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:53 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallibab View Post
Just stupidly windy that day went up like an elevator!

A ramp would be nice did yours have a foot release switch ?

Hi Some photos of the ramp blue is old water pipe with square wood knocked through which makes it nice and stiff the thicker tube helps support the join the thinner pipe goes through the black pipe and and is bolted through

But there are simpler ways just by using elbows with part of the top of the elbow that connects to the slides cut of so the are no steps to catch the wing on launch but the angles created look "odd" so I spent a little more time to keep it all in line plus it cost less I built this ramp for about £3.00 (not including the blue ,heavy duty, bungey from HK )

Video is of the very first launch if I recall. I wouldn't be without it even started to throw grandsons Funjet up ( the ramp kinda adds to the fun IMO )

Angle is 18 degrees

Regards Jeff

DIY Pedal rc plane launcher & 60" correx wing (2 min 37 sec)
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Last edited by Upup; Aug 02, 2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:16 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
something like that would work great for launching the x8. i was looking at some photos my friend took at Farnborough air show last night and one of the uavs there uses a compressed air system to catapult there uav into the air all self contained in a flight case with its own dedicated compressor looks like a really good idea.

Went for a fly with my mx2 yesterday and decided I was getting a bit bored with the power it had on 3s so I whacked in one of my quad 4s 2200mah lipos and wow what a difference top speed on 3s was about 50mph and now with 4s it 77mph and sounds great it will climb vertical very well. It even balances perfectly on the c of g with the small amount of lead I had in the nose previously removed. I think I was pushing my hobbywing 40a esc a little to hard as it was pulling 60amps on a flat out pass so didnít push full power for too long she held out though and will be upgrading to a 60amp and might see some further improvements in performance. Only problem was after a fast low pass the home made aluminium motor mount snapped on one side probably because of an unbalances prop spinner (had to hack it about a bit to get an apc prop to fit) it was obvious something had let go as the vibration was bad. Anyway made a safe landing and nothing other than the motor mount is damaged looking forward to getting it fixed and back in the air on 4s to try some fpv prop hanging. Im really enjoying flying this model just wish I could get my head tracker to work as it really would help being able to look around when doing loops and vertical climes to keep orientation.
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Last edited by fpvnick; Aug 02, 2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:59 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,177 Posts
Quote:
just wish I could get my head tracker to work as it really would help being able to look around when doing loops and vertical climes to keep orientation.
Which head tracker are you using? - I've got the Immersion Track R2 which I'm not using, so you are welcome to try it out sometime.

Malcolm
highviz is offline Find More Posts by highviz
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:07 AM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvnick View Post
something like that would work great for launching the x8. i was looking at some photos my friend took at Farnborough air show last night and one of the uavs there uses a compressed air system to catapult there uav into the air all self contained in a flight case with its own dedicated compressor looks like a really good idea.

Went for a fly with my mx2 yesterday and decided I was getting a bit bored with the power it had on 3s so I whacked in one of my quad 4s 2200mah lipos and wow what a difference top speed on 3s was about 50mph and now with 4s it 77mph and sounds great it will climb vertical very well. It even balances perfectly on the c of g with the small amount of lead I had in the nose previously removed. I think I was pushing my hobbywing 40a esc a little to hard as it was pulling 60amps on a flat out pass so didn’t push full power for too long she held out though and will be upgrading to a 60amp and might see some further improvements in performance. Only problem was after a fast low pass the home made aluminium motor mount snapped on one side probably because of an unbalances prop spinner (had to hack it about a bit to get an apc prop to fit) it was obvious something had let go as the vibration was bad. Anyway made a safe landing and nothing other than the motor mount is damaged looking forward to getting it fixed and back in the air on 4s to try some fpv prop hanging. Im really enjoying flying this model just wish I could get my head tracker to work as it really would help being able to look around when doing loops and vertical climes to keep orientation.
Nice Nick, which manufacturers MX2 is that ?

Er, used my eyes St Models
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Last edited by flylite; Aug 02, 2012 at 07:08 AM. Reason: :popcorn:
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:23 AM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,768 Posts
Quote:

Went for a fly with my mx2 yesterday and decided I was getting a bit bored with the power it had on 3s so I whacked in one of my quad 4s 2200mah lipos and wow what a difference top speed on 3s was about 50mph and now with 4s it 77mph and sounds great it will climb vertical very well. It even balances perfectly on the c of g with the small amount of lead I had in the nose previously removed. I think I was pushing my hobbywing 40a esc a little to hard as it was pulling 60amps on a flat out pass so didnít push full power for too long she held out though and will be upgrading to a 60amp and might see some further improvements in performance. Only problem was after a fast low pass the home made aluminium motor mount snapped on one side probably because of an unbalances prop spinner (had to hack it about a bit to get an apc prop to fit) it was obvious something had let go as the vibration was bad. Anyway made a safe landing and nothing other than the motor mount is damaged looking forward to getting it fixed and back in the air on 4s to try some fpv prop hanging. Im really enjoying flying this model just wish I could get my head tracker to work as it really would help being able to look around when doing loops and vertical climes to keep orientation.
Nice, stock motor??
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:54 AM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
I would not think so,,, mine was rubbish
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:41 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
no its an upgraded motor emax bl2815/09 920kv all of £13 from giantskark also upgraded landing gear prop prop spinner and servos and tail wheel you know how it is but i did fly it for a bit slandered

my head tracker is the flytron one the same as mudlark has i belive (mabe ill have to take a trip over to see you dave see if you can get it working its all wired up to my hitec optic 6 but cant get it to work and i still ow you a £10 )
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:53 AM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
Quote:
no its an upgraded motor emax bl2815/09 920kv all of £13 from giantskark also upgraded landing gear prop prop spinner and servos and tail wheel you know how it is but i did fly it for a bit slandered

my head tracker is the flytron one the same as mudlark has i belive (mabe ill have to take a trip over to see you dave see if you can get it working its all wired up to my hitec optic 6 but cant get it to work and i still ow you a £10 )
Please don't ask me how it works.
I did get it to work about a year ago and was fine but started to get a neck ache, ( old injury) so gave up on it. That reminds me I should sell it on ebay or perhaps here.
Actually if I recall I was so happy with it I managed to pick up a second one on here.
So I have two to sell

Just got to find them. ANY TAKERS ???
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:49 PM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Anyone got any NTM 28-26A 1200kv motors kicking about, need to start a build but all BK'ed except USA who won't ship to the UK...

flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Old Aug 02, 2012, 01:24 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite View Post
Anyone got any NTM 28-26A 1200kv motors kicking about, need to start a build but all BK'ed except USA who won't ship to the UK...

I have, but they're only kicking about cos they came off in a crash, waiting for my frame still
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Jan 2011
78 Posts
Hi again ,no i had my project for about a year now and it works nice.I wish i had more cash to splash and buy a proper off road truck.Its ANSMAN off road buggy 1:10, since i installed my home made cloverleaf and used circular polarized on rx
video range is nice.Video range is almost the same as my dx6i which i managed to hook on ansman esc,usable range is about 500m on open field.And what sort of range you managed to get on your cars guys?
srux is offline Find More Posts by srux