undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthWorkx View Post
Holy Shlt
are you sure it will weigh that......

What's in it?
securitycam2000 heaviest cam case in the world on top of BEV p/t, FPVHobby 180MG servo (180 degrees my *rse)
DOSD+, IMU, Isens, worlds biggest GPS from Dragon Labs includes backup battery,
BEV 2,4 500mW VTx
Dragon link Rx
MG servos on elevons

hmmm... I thought I'd done really well getting a light motor and esc and cutting the plastic off the omni. ANd I cut all my cables to length.

If I put a CCDKiller with no p/t ilt would be a very different beast.

might see if I can de-case the cam. but I want to mount it low to keep it as streamlined as poss. Should look good even if it flies like a brick

PS Loving my crimpers. made wiring really quick and I didn't solder my fingers once. poss best RC tool I ever bought.
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Last edited by MikeTheCrash; Oct 01, 2010 at 05:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2010, 04:48 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandarra View Post
ok..., fidly but doable, just a pain. Yeah it would be handy in that caseI guess. Last time (and first time) I crashed FPV I spent 3 hours looking for it lol... was 1km away

is it possible to hook a data logger to it?
dunno... doubt it
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Oct 01, 2010, 05:08 AM
UK, South Yorkshire, Sheffield
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post

PS Loving my crimpers. made wiring really quick and I didn't solder my fingers once. poss best RC tool I ever bought.
Is that the "servo wire" crimping tool for 20 from ebay? where do you get your "servo type plugs" to attach to it? I've found some on ebay but not cheap or large quantities like 10 20 30...
Bandarra is offline Find More Posts by Bandarra
Last edited by Bandarra; Oct 01, 2010 at 05:27 AM.
Old Oct 01, 2010, 05:21 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
Quote:
Hey Nick,
what the trainer port look like on the back of your tx? Is it a 6 pin DIN socket?
You can get the DT-3K supplied with different connectors, check out flytron website.
Also cause the dt-3k has ppm create you can put the Pan&tilt on channels 7&8 if you want.
Cheers owen /mudlark yep that’s the one 6 pin DIN that is where I have my DL plugged in at the moment. Was a bit of a rush install job before going on holiday but seems to be working fine I could hard wire the dl and use trainer port for HT. Just ordered a 11dBi dual polarized Diversity Patch antenna thought id give it a go as my AT seems to work well i have also got a 360 metal gear servo to replace the plastic one I have at the moment hopefully i can get away without having to upgrade the pan / tilt mec we will see. Went out to do some train chasing with the xeno last night nothing to close was great fun but its a bit slow need to get the fj finished. it was getting very dark by the time I landed it looked a lot lighter through the goggles lol. Then on the walk back to the car I did an Alice in wonder land and fell down a totally vegetation covered hole right up to my knee whilst carrying all my kit nothing broken luckily knee is a bit stiff today rabbits
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Last edited by fpvnick; Oct 01, 2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old Oct 01, 2010, 05:56 AM
Dave Mackie
London
Joined Oct 2005
242 Posts
may as well say hi to this thread..
London based, flown for years, FPV in the last year. Have 4 models all with cams/txs etc, finishing some mods on a twin boom pusher cam plane with easystar wings, been up to 70mph... installing a controllable cam on each wingtip with separate downlink for a "camera operator" to control, aim is to get some air to air shots (eventually with 2 gopros at 60fps) of my larger scale warbirds...

have a small scratch built acro, a modified Parkzone me 109 with retracts/flaps and the big mothership - a 64" scratch built He 219 that's almost done and i am terryfied to fly...

will post some stuff soon
dmackie is offline Find More Posts by dmackie
Old Oct 01, 2010, 06:31 AM
What was that...
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
securitycam2000 heaviest cam case in the world on top of BEV p/t, FPVHobby 180MG servo (180 degrees my *rse)
DOSD+, IMU, Isens, worlds biggest GPS from Dragon Labs includes backup battery,
BEV 2,4 500mW VTx
Dragon link Rx
MG servos on elevons

hmmm... I thought I'd done really well getting a light motor and esc and cutting the plastic off the omni. ANd I cut all my cables to length.

If I put a CCDKiller with no p/t ilt would be a very different beast.

might see if I can de-case the cam. but I want to mount it low to keep it as streamlined as poss. Should look good even if it flies like a brick

Mike,
Theres gotta be something seriously wrong. It just cannot weigh that much. It just wont fly, and if it did you'll have to be flying at full speed to just stay airborne. + the landing speed will be really high and if you don't land it perfectly your wipe out the pan&tilt.

Are you using digital scales to weigh it? did you do it with any systems (like UHF) running. My scales go all funny when my Scherrer TX is running.

Got any pics?
Owen
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Old Oct 01, 2010, 07:16 AM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,668 Posts
Just to add to that it would probably require a bungie launch, I thought my non fpv funjet was a brick at 1000grams with a 4000mah 4s lipo but 1500grams .... is it an ultra? I know the ultra weighs more.
MrBen. is offline Find More Posts by MrBen.
Old Oct 01, 2010, 07:33 AM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmackie View Post
may as well say hi to this thread..
London based, flown for years, FPV in the last year. Have 4 models all with cams/txs etc, finishing some mods on a twin boom pusher cam plane with easystar wings, been up to 70mph... installing a controllable cam on each wingtip with separate downlink for a "camera operator" to control, aim is to get some air to air shots (eventually with 2 gopros at 60fps) of my larger scale warbirds...

have a small scratch built acro, a modified Parkzone me 109 with retracts/flaps and the big mothership - a 64" scratch built He 219 that's almost done and i am terryfied to fly...

will post some stuff soon
Welcome aboard. Looks like a growing crowd in the UK.

Please share your pics and videos if you have any! Sound like you have some unusual setups there.
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Oct 01, 2010, 07:36 AM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,444 Posts
Quote:
Mike,
Theres gotta be something seriously wrong.
Perhaps his scales are in pounds rather than kg !! 1.5 lbs sound good
Or he's using lead paint !
Or he's a really solid builder!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2010, 08:00 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandarra View Post
Is that the "servo wire" crimping tool for 20 from ebay? where do you get your "servo type plugs" to attach to it? I've found some on ebay but not cheap or large quantities like 10 20 30...
no I found I guy "themodblog" on ebay but not cheap for the connevctors

if you can wait for US delivery, try Hansen Hobbies?
Giant Cod sell them too but only 3-pole
Old Oct 01, 2010, 08:05 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,375 Posts
oh cr*p

mechanical scales. I'm hoping for 1.5lbs but it's unlikely!! I'll weigh again later

this is WITH battery, remember?

maybe that cam has got to go. The last thing I wanted was a plane that was hard to launch and land.
Old Oct 01, 2010, 08:28 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,375 Posts
Oh wot a fule I am

Shikra has spotted my metric/imperial confusion that would make this plane heavier than my twinstar thanks mate I think you saved a lot of gear from being binned or $170 being spent on FPVHobby's "FPV Army Plane"

I am pleased to report that the FJ weighs in at 520g unladen, 620g with a 2250mAh in it

It's looking like this at the moment. The elastic bands are temporary as is the foam holding the pan servo, going to put some light timber servo mounts in tonight

so is 650g OK?!!? I don't want it scorching the grass as it comes in!
Last edited by MikeTheCrash; Oct 01, 2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old Oct 01, 2010, 08:47 AM
UK, South Yorkshire, Sheffield
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
ahah, amazing! glad you spotted that out!

Just for reference, I usually think of a kilo as a liter or water. or more or less a carton of milk, 1 liter.
Bandarra is offline Find More Posts by Bandarra
Old Oct 01, 2010, 10:35 AM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,444 Posts
Some nice planes to crash there!! Liked the FPV helmet you were wearing on the ME109 taxi. Hope no-one saw you!!

Have you tried flying from the camera yet?
RCG Plus Member