HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:57 PM
Registered User
latin105fm's Avatar
London, UK
Joined Jan 2009
465 Posts
Man, thats such a shame!!!

Did you find the plane though??

Cheers

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
Dan
I feel for your loss! the wing snapped I take it...
If that makes you feel better you are not the only one suffering a loss
I lost my trusty Radian (Sobs) guess I was enjoying myself a bit too much... I sucked the battery dry ... never mind.. I'll get a Spare fuselage and it will be reborn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eo4cB8cFzM
latin105fm is offline Find More Posts by latin105fm
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:59 PM
Registered User
latin105fm's Avatar
London, UK
Joined Jan 2009
465 Posts
Hey there.

I guess it depends on what you want...to be honest its not going to be anywhere near as cheap as the Twinstar!

A rough guess is around $200-250 all in......(Zeph)


cheers

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost2212 View Post
I may be interested. What kind of price are we looking at? Being 16 i'm poor and need a job :P. maybe if i can convince my dad to buy it though we just bought a twinstar !! to get started on and havent touched it :P

Who's up for an FPV meet this winter in the snow :P
latin105fm is offline Find More Posts by latin105fm
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 01:00 PM
Registered User
latin105fm's Avatar
London, UK
Joined Jan 2009
465 Posts
Hi mate,

I think if we can get a few of us to place an order, we can at least shave some of the cost off but it depends on what you want really...

Cheers

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands View Post
n1 Dan,

What are the options? His website seems to be down.
I know he supplies laminate etc.

Martin
latin105fm is offline Find More Posts by latin105fm
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 01:04 PM
Skint since 2000
ghost2212's Avatar
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by latin105fm View Post
Hey there.

I guess it depends on what you want...to be honest its not going to be anywhere near as cheap as the Twinstar!

A rough guess is around $200-250 all in......(Zeph)


cheers

Dan
So $200 for the airframe only?
ghost2212 is online now Find More Posts by ghost2212
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah Baby
bignose13's Avatar
Joined Apr 2006
1,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
True... however there is a Bignose flying about

Sorry couldn't resist
I actually don't have a Bignose and I aint 13
Simon
bignose13 is offline Find More Posts by bignose13
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 01:41 PM
What was that...
StealthWorkx's Avatar
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Guys anyone know a good cam from eBay. I think someone put a link a while back but I didn't pay much attention cause at the time I didn't need one but now I do ( please don't ask why )

cheers.





The funjet comes with the mount
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 01:50 PM
Registered User
latin105fm's Avatar
London, UK
Joined Jan 2009
465 Posts
Servos, ESC, motor etc etc all down to you and extra cash


Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost2212 View Post
So $200 for the airframe only?
latin105fm is offline Find More Posts by latin105fm
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 01:57 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
badlands's Avatar
Joined Mar 2010
1,570 Posts
Ive got one of these.
I think its good although i haven't compared it to a more expensive cam.

Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthWorkx View Post
Guys anyone know a good cam from eBay. I think someone put a link a while back but I didn't pay much attention cause at the time I didn't need one but now I do ( please don't ask why )

cheers.





The funjet comes with the mount
badlands is offline Find More Posts by badlands
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 02:38 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
MikeTheCrash's Avatar
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,252 Posts
Sorry about your plane Berhardt! glad you have a spare, did all the internals survive?




I went to Hop Farm display today and was a little bored. Hoping for some big jets but there were only little ones, and the 2 jet slots I saw were the same jets having another go

It seems that if a plane doesn't have a camera and an OSD it's not that interesting any more!


Who'd be up for organising an FPV display for them next year, with live video from several planes being shown live on a big LED screen? Commentary about the technology, the airframes, FPVUK, etc. I have video switching gear so we could subtitle the video displays and switch between them easily...I wonder if we could find a sponsor to foot the bill for the big screen? I could prob get one fairly cheap off a supplier.

who wants to fly?

Mike
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 02:46 PM
Registered User
Bandarra's Avatar
UK, South Yorkshire, Sheffield
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
I wish I was nearer you guys down there so I could get involved in all this... =(


oh, by the way, what is everyone's opinion on a small, simple, not too expensive OSD with gps?
Bandarra is offline Find More Posts by Bandarra
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 03:06 PM
What was that...
StealthWorkx's Avatar
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
yeah baby. That would be cool.
So nothing fpv there?


Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
Sorry about your plane Berhardt! glad you have a spare, did all the internals survive?




I went to Hop Farm display today and was a little bored. Hoping for some big jets but there were only little ones, and the 2 jet slots I saw were the same jets having another go

It seems that if a plane doesn't have a camera and an OSD it's not that interesting any more!


Who'd be up for organising an FPV display for them next year, with live video from several planes being shown live on a big LED screen? Commentary about the technology, the airframes, FPVUK, etc. I have video switching gear so we could subtitle the video displays and switch between them easily...I wonder if we could find a sponsor to foot the bill for the big screen? I could prob get one fairly cheap off a supplier.

who wants to fly?

Mike
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 03:08 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
MikeTheCrash's Avatar
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandarra View Post
I wish I was nearer you guys down there so I could get involved in all this... =(


oh, by the way, what is everyone's opinion on a small, simple, not too expensive OSD with gps?
Dragon OSD+ is only $140 plus GPS $25 current sensor $12 is fully featured and has return to home, GPS stabilisation, autopilot. I can't recommend it bcse I've not had any other, but I recommend it
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 03:12 PM
Registered User
cadders's Avatar
Joined Jul 2004
503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthWorkx View Post
2212 2200kv outrunner with 6x4 APC Prop (nothin special just cheap Chinese motor)
30A Mystery ESC
2x HS65MG servos
TSNRS UHF RC RX
AvionicsRC 500mw VTX
EzOSD + Current secsor
CCD Killer Cam
2200mah 3 Cell Lipo

Everything i normally put in a Funjet except this time i made all wires the exact right length (even the 4wire one connecting the EzOSD to the Current sensor I made shorter). Same with the motor, soldered it straight to the ESC.

i'll do pics soon, just gonna go for a fly
Thanks for this Owen. BTW what pan system do you use, or is it homebrew?
Cheers
Cadders
cadders is offline Find More Posts by cadders
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 03:49 PM
Registered User
SW England
Joined Aug 2009
799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthWorkx View Post
Guys anyone know a good cam from eBay. I think someone put a link a while back but I didn't pay much attention cause at the time I didn't need one but now I do ( please don't ask why )
I have this one and it's pretty decent.
Strip the casing if you want light weight.

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...y-0.01Lux.html

Nigel.
Devonboy is offline Find More Posts by Devonboy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 04:04 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
MikeTheCrash's Avatar
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthWorkx View Post
yeah baby. That would be cool.
So nothing fpv there?
not a sausage.

I might send an email to the organisers, see what they think. I guess as it's a BMFA club that runs it, it may not be appoved. Unless we hand-make all our planes over the winter, cover them in tissue and power them with rubber bands.
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 7020 Today 09:46 PM
Discussion UK to France FPV srjs FPV Talk 93 May 30, 2014 10:29 AM
Discussion can we have a uk section in the for sales thread please? kieran3008 Site Chat 28 Apr 17, 2014 02:13 PM
For Sale FPV Stuffs UK QUIKSILVER Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 16 Dec 24, 2010 09:16 AM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 05:37 PM