HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:43 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
things are ultra quiet too here.... not a whisper from the main office...but I am like a doctor on call, waiting for the next phone call (landline) so I cannot move.

you never know, the way things are, there might be a P45 in the post soon, the consultation process has been started.
good luck with that RCM, seems it's happening to loads of people I know, luckily they all scrape through!
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:54 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
What's the damage Wayne? Wish I could be flying today. Looking at low puffy clouds in a blue sky. No wind. Ugh lame!

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:57 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
good luck with that RCM, seems it's happening to loads of people I know, luckily they all scrape through!
Thanks...only time can tell

hey what happened Wayno??
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:15 AM
Joined Oct 2009
824 Posts
How bad is it wayne? wish i had some batterys charged to go fly ill just use all this free time to fix up a couple of planes then i guess
unialfred is offline Find More Posts by unialfred
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:18 AM
um, yea, I can make that crash
Joined Aug 2011
2,575 Posts
Control lock out, all I could do was go wait and watch as it rolled and banked. Eventually she dived straight into the ground 600 yards away from where I was standing, I took the goggles off and could see her there clearly. The whole time I was close LOS so I wasn't out of range, maybe the antennas were shielded by my recent shift around in there. Damage is a bent nose and split canopy, nothing hot water and CA can't fix.

I'll have a total strip down and rebuild with the LRS as soon as the bits to make my antennas arrive.

Just one of those things and part of the learning curve The OSD was good to have though, all worked and easy to read. Just a shame it's not of the RTH variety. That said, I'm glad the fail safe had no throttle or it could have gone anywhere, as it was she came down nice and close.
Wayno Complaino is online now Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:41 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post

Just a shame it's not of the RTH variety....
I'm saying nothing
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:53 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,575 Posts
Quote:
I'm saying nothing
Lol, I wonder what you might be implying?

Well, actually it is the FY hornet that comes with the FY31AP but I only had the hornet connected. One step at a time. Wanted to make sure the OSD worked before I added yet another layer of complexity. I may not even fit it to the ES2 and save it for my next plane that's more likely to need the stabilisation part. I wasn't intending on doing long distances on the ES2 so wasn't going to add RTH. Right now that's still the plan, the (non dragon, sorry) LRS should solve the problem.

Shame though, I was having a very nice flight before the lock out. Got some nice LOS in first including a nice landing. Got her back in the air, dropped the goggles and was finding way marks easily and kept within my decided 'air space', lovely it was. Then all of a sudden no control and no amps on the screen. Bugger and crash.

Live and learn...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:20 AM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Quote:
I'm saying nothing
Aye *cough*

flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:24 AM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post
Control lock out, all I could do was go wait and watch as it rolled and banked. Eventually she dived straight into the ground 600 yards away from where I was standing, I took the goggles off and could see her there clearly. The whole time I was close LOS so I wasn't out of range, maybe the antennas were shielded by my recent shift around in there. Damage is a bent nose and split canopy, nothing hot water and CA can't fix.

I'll have a total strip down and rebuild with the LRS as soon as the bits to make my antennas arrive.

Just one of those things and part of the learning curve The OSD was good to have though, all worked and easy to read. Just a shame it's not of the RTH variety. That said, I'm glad the fail safe had no throttle or it could have gone anywhere, as it was she came down nice and close.
Ouch, but yes part of the process.
With my old Spektum gear - I would never fly out past 500m, I used to have lots of issues there after and I never got to the bottom of it, with many different Rx's too.
Edit: I just back read your last post.
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Jan 2012
141 Posts
Since i'm asking for advice it's only fair I share a few of my experiences too, so here's a vid of my first few weeks learning to fly (including crashes). I'd spent a few weeks on the sim before, and now i've got the aerobatics out of my system i'm looking for more smooth and stable flight. To answer a few questions I might get:

1. Yes I did seem to keep hitting the same tree.
2. Yep, I crashed into someones foot.
3. It took 2 hours to get the plane back at the end.
4. It's an easystar 2.

and Mike, nice vid from the indoor meet!

Taking a drone to its limits... (2 min 8 sec)
lewpix is offline Find More Posts by lewpix
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:51 AM
------------
Wielka Brytania, Anglia, Derbyshire
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggit View Post
me also, i am in manchester
That's about 10 min from me:-)
jsxx is offline Find More Posts by jsxx
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewpix View Post
Since i'm asking for advice it's only fair I share a few of my experiences too, so here's a vid of my first few weeks learning to fly (including crashes). I'd spent a few weeks on the sim before, and now i've got the aerobatics out of my system i'm looking for more smooth and stable flight. To answer a few questions I might get:

4. It's an easystar 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsBooGktQ7I
Glad that was only two minutes, I was starting to feel sick. You know the Easy Star II is a glider right?

I wish I'd have used my DVR for today's flight, you could have all shared in my crash too. Just been out and got the necessary lead so all flights will be recorded from now on. Done some housework to keep the mrs at bay, now time to strip the plane and boil the kettle!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:20 PM
I Love Tea!
North East England
Joined Oct 2009
987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewpix View Post

4. It's an easystar 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsBooGktQ7I
Ha, mental flying Couldn't help but laugh when you appeared to try to fly through the fork of a tree. You might have made it if you didn't have those pesky wings sticking out all over the place.

Looks like a picturesque flying site too!
Husky2000 is offline Find More Posts by Husky2000
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:48 PM
I Love Tea!
North East England
Joined Oct 2009
987 Posts
Lads, what do you think? A Gopro 2 for 137.

Scam?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GoPro-...item27c4d1479b
Husky2000 is offline Find More Posts by Husky2000
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:56 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky2000 View Post
Lads, what do you think? A Gopro 2 for 137.

Scam?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GoPro-...item27c4d1479b
Wow... Half what I paid!! No idea but he has sold over 100
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk