HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:10 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Carlos230023's Avatar
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,538 Posts
We'll see, I don't much fancy flying without the ground in view (which is odd as when I FPV fly all I wanna do is cloud surf ). Might get up there just to get outta the rain. At least the owner lets me smoke on his plane, weirdest thing ever! You can barely smoke anywhere in the UK mainland these days, but as soon as you get airborne, pop open the built in ashtray and spark up . Looking forward to tonight at the indoor . Any heli experts coming? I've got an issue with a micro heli, servo movement is good but general response to a strafing input is almost nothing, also moving in reverse is painstakingly slow.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:19 AM
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
We'll see, I don't much fancy flying without the ground in view (which is odd as when I FPV fly all I wanna do is cloud surf ). Might get up there just to get outta the rain. At least the owner lets me smoke on his plane, weirdest thing ever! You can barely smoke anywhere in the UK mainland these days, but as soon as you get airborne, pop open the built in ashtray and spark up . Looking forward to tonight at the indoor . Any heli experts coming? I've got an issue with a micro heli, servo movement is good but general response to a strafing input is almost nothing, also moving in reverse is painstakingly slow.

CJ
I'm contemplating coming tonight depending on how I'm feeling later, I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but do have a lot of experience with heli's so maybe able to offer you help and advice! I'll bring my 450 Airwolf and quad if I come along. I guess my 600 Size will be too big?
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:40 AM
I Like Popcorn
flylite's Avatar
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
I'm contemplating coming tonight depending on how I'm feeling later, I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but do have a lot of experience with heli's so maybe able to offer you help and advice! I'll bring my 450 Airwolf and quad if I come along. I guess my 600 Size will be too big?
Better to ask MudLarks whos the boss when it comes to what can be flown indoors - He's the organiser

Come along and bring your kit you are wanting advice on - many people will be able to help you a wealth of knowledge!
The flying part is fun too as is the Beer/kebab after
flylite is online now Find More Posts by flylite
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:23 AM
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
United States, WA, Mason County
Joined Mar 2001
3,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
I'm contemplating coming tonight depending on how I'm feeling later, I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but do have a lot of experience with heli's so maybe able to offer you help and advice! I'll bring my 450 Airwolf and quad if I come along. I guess my 600 Size will be too big?
Sorry too big.
Might take one of the kids heads off which would be bad on my last one I'm running. Would like to keep the no deaths under my watch at 100 percent.

Yes ther are several heli geeks to chat too, mainly down the far end
mudlark is online now Find More Posts by mudlark
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:31 AM
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite View Post
Better to ask MudLarks whos the boss when it comes to what can be flown indoors - He's the organiser

Come along and bring your kit you are wanting advice on - many people will be able to help you a wealth of knowledge!
The flying part is fun too as is the Beer/kebab after
Always up for a beer and kebab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
Sorry too big.
Might take one of the kids heads off which would be bad on my last one I'm running. Would like to keep the no deaths under my watch at 100 percent.

Yes ther are several heli geeks to chat too, mainly down the far end
Lol... No worries.. It is a bit of a monster! What time is kick off?
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:39 AM
Registered User
unialfred's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Oct 2009
824 Posts
Im still here CJ. havent been flying much recently due to the weather mainly. Still need to get my quad sorted out aswell. I have worked out that the motor cuts out when there is loads of vibrations. so could it be a simple as a loose connection or could it be the controller board?
unialfred is offline Find More Posts by unialfred
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:34 AM
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
United States, WA, Mason County
Joined Mar 2001
3,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unialfred View Post
Im still here CJ. havent been flying much recently due to the weather mainly. Still need to get my quad sorted out aswell. I have worked out that the motor cuts out when there is loads of vibrations. so could it be a simple as a loose connection or could it be the controller board?
could be the fc not liking the vibes and telling it to shut down.
or some thing else

I try to keep away from plugs. Rather solder it up direct
mudlark is online now Find More Posts by mudlark
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:35 AM
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
United States, WA, Mason County
Joined Mar 2001
3,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Always up for a beer and kebab!



Lol... No worries.. It is a bit of a monster! What time is kick off?
6 till 9
mudlark is online now Find More Posts by mudlark
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:47 AM
usual old know-it-all
Blackpool,U.K.
Joined May 2005
1,279 Posts
any Lancashire lads flying on here?
brodjack is offline Find More Posts by brodjack
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:39 AM
------------
jsxx's Avatar
Wielka Brytania, Anglia, Derbyshire
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
Yep, me :-)
jsxx is offline Find More Posts by jsxx
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:54 AM
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,271 Posts
Does anyone know the address for tonight please?
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:17 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
MikeTheCrash's Avatar
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
2,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Does anyone know the address for tonight please?
st mary's college
waldegrave road
twickenham

I'll post some map links as it's easy to miss the hall and the entrance in that big site
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:22 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
MikeTheCrash's Avatar
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
2,922 Posts
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=51....gl=uk&t=h&z=17

Post code tw1 4sx

THe entrance is next to the "e" of waldegrave road
Parking is to the East of St Mary's college gym
Flying is in the hall with the light green roof to the SE of St MAry's college Gym
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:41 PM
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,271 Posts
Thanks Mike, don't think it's gonna happen this time.. Only just got all my stuff together. After various commitments and problems today and sat nav is saying an hour and half to get there.
Hope everyone has a good time and hope to catch up with you all soon. One positive did get my FPV working today. Thanks everyone.
David
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:38 PM
Registered User
doggit's Avatar
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodjack View Post
any Lancashire lads flying on here?
me also, i am in manchester
doggit is online now Find More Posts by doggit
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion can we have a uk section in the for sales thread please? kieran3008 Trader Talk 25 Today 01:44 AM
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 5993 Yesterday 02:51 PM
Discussion UK to France FPV srjs FPV Talk 80 Apr 14, 2014 08:32 AM
For Sale FPV Stuffs UK QUIKSILVER Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 16 Dec 24, 2010 09:16 AM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 05:37 PM