1,587 Posts
Nick did you get the metal gears.
L14m is offline Find More Posts by L14m
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:38 AM
United Kingdom, England, Chelmsford
Joined Jan 2012
49 Posts
Guys, would you be able to post up your video tx/rx setup specs, and where you got them? Curious to know if there's anywhere to get things cheap etc.
alexthecheese is offline Find More Posts by alexthecheese
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:57 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,421 Posts
I think a few people use these http://www.fpvhobby.com/30-4ghz-500mw-transmitter.html or get them a bit cheaper from BEVRC.com. worth noting that the pinout is not the same as the immersion ones they look like.

I started with lawmate Tx and Rx until the Tx's overheated now just the Rxs are lawmate. I have 2 12v ones in the ground station and one "portable" one that has its own battery

dronesvision.com are cheap for lawmate stuff too
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Last edited by MikeTheCrash; Feb 16, 2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:28 AM
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Oct 2009
824 Posts
hmmm just got back from flying the quad again. its definately not the lvc which makes the motors cutout. it seems to be getting more regular though. it did it 3 times today without breaking a prop so i just kept flying but then the fourth time it broke 2 props and a quad arm. maybe it is a loose connection somewhere but i can't see one. and i dont want to go unplugging all of the cables from the control board beacuse i dont know what they do. any ideas what it could be?
unialfred is offline Find More Posts by unialfred
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:37 AM
Didcot, UK, OX11
Joined Sep 2003
631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
I think a few people use these http://www.fpvhobby.com/30-4ghz-500mw-transmitter.html or get them a bit cheaper from BEVRC.com. worth noting that the pinout is not the same as the immersion ones they look like.
<moaning>

I didn't have an awfully pleasant first order experience from fpvhobby. Thought they offered to resolve it, it defeats the point as I paid extra for a service I didn't get.

I ordered some VTXs from them during the Chinese New Year and paid their more expensive price + extra for EMS thinking that I will have them fast; FPV Hobby is in Turkey after all. Well, it turns out they ship from China and my order only went out after the Chinese New Year. On top if that it arrived wrong. All VTXs were 5.8GHz instead of the 2.4GHz that I ordered so it all had to go back.

So three weeks on... after paying extra for the products and extra for EMS I am still waiting. Good value? They did offer to refund the return postage. I am waiting for that too. Frankly they should also refund the EMS as due to their mistake I didn't get my product at the expected delivery schedule. I would do that for my customers.

</moaning>

-Angelos
Angelos is offline Find More Posts by Angelos
Last edited by Angelos; Feb 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:04 PM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,445 Posts
They are dropshitters.....

Skywalkers etc through them were the same.
Adnan there is nice guy though.
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:06 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
<moaning>

I didn't have an awfully pleasant first order experience from fpvhobby. Thought they offered to resolve it, it defeats the point as I paid extra for a service I didn't get.

I ordered some VTXs from them during the Chinese New Year and paid their more expensive price + extra for EMS thinking that I will have them fast; FPV Hobby is in Turkey after all. Well, it turns out they ship from China and my order only went out after the Chinese New Year. On top if that it arrived wrong. All VTXs were 5.8GHz instead of the 2.4GHz that I ordered so it all had to go back.

So three weeks on... after paying extra for the products and extra for EMS I am still waiting. Good value? They did offer to refund the return postage. I am waiting for that too. Frankly they should also refund the EMS as due to their mistake I didn't get my product at the expected delivery schedule. I would do that for my customers.

</moaning>

-Angelos
<also moaning>
I got a rubbish 180 degree servo off them that just span round and round. complained and got almost nothing back. postage to return was more than the bother of it all.

but I have had other stuff off them (VTx) that arrived quickly from Turkey

</also moaning>

<thinking out loud>
thinking i might start stocking more stuff than just Dragon gear... got some PPM encoders in stock now, but that's still really for the DOSD
would like to stock VTX and cams, slightly worried about the legality of stocking the more useful stuff...
</thinking out loud>
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:25 PM
United Kingdom, South York
Joined Aug 2002
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unialfred View Post
hmmm just got back from flying the quad again. its definately not the lvc which makes the motors cutout. it seems to be getting more regular though. it did it 3 times today without breaking a prop so i just kept flying but then the fourth time it broke 2 props and a quad arm. maybe it is a loose connection somewhere but i can't see one. and i dont want to go unplugging all of the cables from the control board beacuse i dont know what they do. any ideas what it could be?
Buddy

I've been flying quad of all descriptions for 3 years now and motor cutouts I would say are 99% ESC. Ive used KK, Multiwiis and others. Basically Ive found the boards out perform the ESC which then gets confused and then it stops. Setting minimum rotor speeds can sometimes help but after destroying a Gopro is throw all my hobby king and turnigy controllers away. I now use hobby wing 10 and 18a esc's and haven't had one stop since.

On my multiwii I even get the rotors to stop then start up again

David
himagain is offline Find More Posts by himagain
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:38 PM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,974 Posts
Quote:
wish i had a lens protector at the weekend. ive already scratched my lens i hear you can get special lens scratch removers and its a little like very fine sand paper. might have to give it a try. unless you can get an actual replacement lens. and i mean the lens on the gopro. not the lens on the gopro housing.
Hi Alfred

Toothpaste contains jewellers rouge some more than others smokers tooth powder can be effective be prepared for a lot of elbow grease though

Probably make a lens protector from a watch glass (ebay) microscope slide or even a nice clean cd case keep the protector as close as possible inside the focal lenght and it probably wont be noticable
I am currently making a protective case for my new bloggie I will keep you posted if it is effective

Regards Jeff

Regards Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:39 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
<moaning>

I didn't have an awfully pleasant first order experience from fpvhobby.

</moaning>

-Angelos
me neither. I ordered what was advertised as 260degrees servos after a long wait they finally came. the were only 180degrees servos, so I complained...no answer whatsoever like shooting a bullet in the dark....
then to make things worse, one of the servos failed !!!! the failure is not their fault and I did not email them for that. it just made things worse for me.
so for me it is a big
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:46 PM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,689 Posts
I have the same VTX but I got mine from BevRC, never had an order problem with them and the VTX's have took a load of abuse and are still going strong!

One thing to note though is they are advertised as being able to take 4s lipos and they drop it down to 12v for camera. They do not drop it down to 12v, it merely reduced the input voltage by 0.6v I didnt know for months I have been flying my zephyr and now my alulah on 4s with this VTX and the cam has been running fine on 16v (with no problems)
MrBen. is offline Find More Posts by MrBen.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:51 PM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,689 Posts
Quote:
Is it just one motor or all of them? You seemed to think it was a certain one last time you posted about this. I never had any motors cut out on me when I was flying it, the only things I have done is, change the connector to XT60, swapped one motor for a brand new one and took off the copter control and fitted the KK board.

If you think its a certain motor then swap it with another and see if the problem moves, if it doesnt then look at the escs they are hard wired but you can moved the whole esc loom round by 90 degrees and see if the probem rotates too.

If you think all motors are cutting out then check the XT60 as I was struggling with a crappy iron soldering on it (now got solder station fixed)
MrBen. is offline Find More Posts by MrBen.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:51 PM
Electronics slayer
Reading, UK
Joined Jul 2008
494 Posts
Oh crap.

I've got a 2.4ghz Vtx coming on the slow boat from china from fpvhobby. I ordered from them on the misconception that they shipped their stock from Turkey.

Even if my goods are correct and don't blow up, I'll probably not use them again. I hate waiting for Chinese post.

Hoping I don't get burnt.
SouthPawPaul is offline Find More Posts by SouthPawPaul
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:07 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Mar 2001
4,227 Posts
Indoors at Twickenham this Saturday
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:25 PM
um, yea, I can make that crash