HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2012, 01:47 PM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
Can anyone advise me on delivery times from Hobbyking. My fatshark predator system was shipped on the 3rd of feb and the suspense is killing my waiting. I shipped it with royal mail under 1kg, i wish id of chosen EMS which i understand delivers quite quickly. Experiences????
Live chat just said keep them informed , i have no tracking id either!
Regards,
Impatient Nick.
my stuff took about two weeks. Even with tracking, it only shows it as 'in transit', floating somewhere over the Middle East for days.
AshtonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AshtonFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:06 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Joined Mar 2010
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Can anyone advise me on delivery times from Hobbyking. My fatshark predator system was shipped on the 3rd of feb and the suspense is killing my waiting. I shipped it with royal mail under 1kg, i wish id of chosen EMS which i understand delivers quite quickly. Experiences????
Regards,
Impatient Nick.
Ive had EMS shipping arrive in only a few days but it seems to attract customs charges this way.
Regular shipping - 2-3wks.

sux waiting...
badlands is offline Find More Posts by badlands
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:10 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,303 Posts
Quote:
Regards,
Impatient Nick.
i find it varies a lot from china and HK. sometimes a week, sometimes 3. ANd if the Farquhars want to hit you for import duty then even longer...
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Mar 2009
1,176 Posts
6 weeks delivery from confirmation of shipping on my last order. Placed another one yesterday, so will be interesting to see what happens this time. I'd prefer not to use them at all, but sometimes they are the only place with stock.

Malcolm
highviz is offline Find More Posts by highviz
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:20 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
This came through the mail today from layerlens.com
It's a weight saver protective lens cover.
Got it for the quad.
$30
You do have to supply the lens though and then put it together.
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:24 PM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
This is the lens protector protector.

Seriously these lenses are bloody expensive.
Two will cost over 20.
$19 from Gopro but they want 82 for postage that.
I'll wait till I get over there in a few weeks and get them sent to me for $4
Old Feb 14, 2012, 05:10 PM
What was that...
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Your not going for good just yet are you Dave?
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:25 PM
Dirty Dozen FPV
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,535 Posts
Just sold some stuff on ebay, couldn't help myself and just had to spend some* of the money.

Fat Shark Aviators with VTx and CL/SPW whips are on their way! A camera had already arrived from last months spend so that makes a basic short range set up complete. I really better get some more flying in and fast...

*Put sone in the bank too, hopefully it'll keep the Mrs. at bay...
Wayno Complaino is offline Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:27 PM
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Oct 2009
824 Posts
wish i had a lens protector at the weekend. ive already scratched my lens i hear you can get special lens scratch removers and its a little like very fine sand paper. might have to give it a try. unless you can get an actual replacement lens. and i mean the lens on the gopro. not the lens on the gopro housing.
unialfred is offline Find More Posts by unialfred
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:37 PM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthWorkx View Post
Your not going for good just yet are you Dave?
no not yet.
Not till next September, provided I sort out what my kids are going to be doing.
I'm just poping over for the Easter break. Got to convert the pool room into two bedrooms oh and possibly dig a large pond.
Oh and fly my micro quad around on FPV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unialfred View Post
wish i had a lens protector at the weekend. ive already scratched my lens i hear you can get special lens scratch removers and its a little like very fine sand paper. might have to give it a try. unless you can get an actual replacement lens. and i mean the lens on the gopro. not the lens on the gopro housing.
You can get replacement lenses, see ebay or RCG.
Someone once told me you can polish glass with cement dust and water.
The powder is so fine it acts as a polish. Never had the balls to try it .
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:50 AM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unialfred View Post
i bought a sunex lense from readymaderc, picture is good and no fisheye

Day one with the new Quad & Naza (5 min 3 sec)
MrBen. is online now Find More Posts by MrBen.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:42 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
no not yet.
Not till next September, provided I sort out what my kids are going to be doing.
I'm just poping over for the Easter break. Got to convert the pool room into two bedrooms oh and possibly dig a large pond.
Oh and fly my micro quad around on FPV.

You can get replacement lenses, see ebay or RCG.
Someone once told me you can polish glass with cement dust and water.
The powder is so fine it acts as a polish. Never had the balls to try it .
Lol I'd rather spend a tenna at easy composites for some 3000 grit polishing paste (their finest grit) brings stuff out like a silverbacked mirror.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:11 AM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
You can remove minor glass scratches with jewellers rouge but it takes quite a while as its a very mild compond.
Regards Liam
L14m is offline Find More Posts by L14m
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:33 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,714 Posts
That stuff works pretty good too. I'd start with the easy composites compound and move onto that. It'd shorten the polishing time. A wool pad on a dremel works well for this. Though I personally do it by hand as on occasion I've known the wool pad to come off the steel shaft and make surface scratches 1000 times worse :P. It's how I polish the surface finish on my resin infusion moulds and plugs.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:01 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,176 Posts
I would advise against trying to polish a scratch out of the lens. - It's probably plastic, not glass, so could easily be chemically attacked by the rubbing compound.

Most lens's also have an optical coating to help reduce flare etc, which you will destroy.

You have a very good chance of ending up with a myriad of very fine scratches which will be far worse than a single scratch. What looks fantastic on a paint or mould finish is still terrible optically !

- Have a good look at any footage you have got, to see if you can actually see evidence of the scratch. If not, just leave it as it is. Otherwise you are looking at a lens replacement.

- Just my thoughts

Malcolm

PS - I have made a simple push on lens hood for my Gopro, which provides some protection to the lens, as well as reducing flare and strobing from when the sunlight passes through the props on the quad.
highviz is offline Find More Posts by highviz