CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:25 PM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,587 Posts
My pal steve flying his tri-copter

Another day, another FPV flight (3 min 19 sec)
MrBen. is online now Find More Posts by MrBen.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:53 AM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,587 Posts
Super Alulah 2m on a cold frosty morning, carrying a Gopro with Sunex lense.

Slowed down at 30-40seconds everything else is normal speed cruising around.

Super Alulah 2m on a Frosty Morning : Gopro / Sunex (5 min 24 sec)
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:08 AM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by est1976 View Post
Super Alulah 2m on a cold frosty morning, carrying a Gopro with Sunex lense.

Slowed down at 30-40seconds everything else is normal speed cruising around.

http://vimeo.com/35083337
Great video.

looks cold so well do for going through the pain for us to watch in our warm houses.
mudlark is online now Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:52 AM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,587 Posts
You know I didnt come back from that flight with cold fingers, there was zero wind which always helps .. no windchill factor. Really enjoyed it but Im having problems with my UHF which kinda held me back a little ... just cruised around locally. Thanks for the comment.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:07 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
lost control of RC not video. The power of the VTx will swamp incoming RC signals. Generally Spektrum is derided as the worst control system for FPV and general range anyway, I don't know if the DX8 has improved things any.

Surely if you open up the case there must be some components inside that would give you a clue...

Why not try a range test putting the VTX next to your plane and see how far you can take the RCTx away with and without the VTx switched on?
Yes granted I don't think Spektrum is all that great but it's ok, I flew with Futaba for over 30 years but was an early adopter to 2.4 and Futaba was quite limited back then, and it's very costly changing systems when you have a large model collection which are all fully fitted out.. I may go back to Futaba when they release something like the 10 but with telemetry built-in..

I am really keen in trying FPV, but know I will probably be best with a separate flight control set-up with this, maybe get an old 35mhz to begin with that also has a module in that I can upgrade to UHF??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost2212 View Post
The DSMX shoudl be a definite improvement over DSM2 as it channel hops like the futaba systems but it will still suffer from reduced range due to having a 2.4vtx sytem onboard. Doesnt your flight controller just return to home on failsafes anyway so it shoudlnt matter?
Yes it has got RTH failsafe, and in an open field, no it wouldn't matter, but sometimes I like to set-up/check/tinker in my back garden and just didn't want any nasty surprises..

Anyway got a chance to have a good test yesterday, went to an open field with a spotter and got some pretty good results, didn't have any problems with either video or radio although I ended up flying visual most of the time and my spotter guided me using FPV, not quite what I had in mind but was a good test for the system.
I guess I flew 700-900meters away.. I recorded a few antenna fades from the RX but noting high or to worry about and the picture remained pretty constant throughout..
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:42 AM
oxford uk
Joined Aug 2010
1,038 Posts
My most Exclusive FPV meet yet....

Just the one flier invited...

Martin I hope all went well and you kept out of the drink I'm sure you have plenty to do, but if you could manage a quick and dirty edit for the b'day boy it would be appreciated...

Great to see you, gutted it was so short, I guess thats the reason I always drive (dont like to rush home....)

what a location eh?

Thanks for all the PM's.... The collective vibe is universal, unusual so many people have the same opinion!

Paul
yogz is offline Find More Posts by yogz
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:41 AM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,587 Posts
Went out with the gopro equipped quad today, 1st flight with it since I got back from my jollies, did my first loops & rolls too, going to edit something up shortly
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:23 AM
I'm Ginger & called Adam
Hereford, UK
Joined Oct 2002
2,901 Posts
Using 2.4g for radio and video

My earliest fpv flights were done using a dx7 and a 200mw bwav 2.4g video. It worked fine but I've since read (on these forums) that it's not a good idea as the control link can get swamped. Fwiw, I used to switch the video link on first before the radio link.

I have been out to 1.7km using a dx7 with the dual antenna rx module (no modifications)

Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Yes granted I don't think Spektrum is all that great but .......
Ginger Adam is offline Find More Posts by Ginger Adam
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Dec 2009
196 Posts
we do FPV in the midlands too!!

After flying trex 450, 500, 550, quad 330sx, funjet, easyglider,
my latest is Hobbyking EPP

It's like driving a bus! slow and stable! not agile, so here I am doing some low flying and tight turns. This plane doesnt like doing that!

I was trying to film my mate flying his 3D plane.

EPP FPV Jan 2012 (5 min 14 sec)
hazchem88 is offline Find More Posts by hazchem88
Old Jan 15, 2012, 02:47 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,659 Posts
More top stories about bevrc, words of caution.
My tale so far, ordered two Nova osd's and the 500mw 5.8ghz vtx on the 24th of December. The cost of which was $340, entitling me to free shipping (for three items that can't weigh more than 300 grams). The tracking info says that the items were attempted to be delivered (which never happened, my CCTV recordings confirm this) and they got sent back to BEVRC. I sent them an email asking to resend the items (concerned as the nova OSD has now sold out on their site). I hear nothing, even after using all their email addresses, I tried their live chat on msn which doesn't work, and I tried to PM them on here but their inbox is full. So two days ago I opened a PayPal dispute yesterday. The order status has now changed on their website from shipped to refunded, but for reasons unknown (still haven't had any contact from BEVRC) the "reversed PayPal transaction" is for $328.82 not $340. What exactly I have been penalised for I don't know, it can't be the shipping cost as it was free shipping. And moreover I haven't received anything back on my PayPal account.

Oh and I thought I'd mention for those whom are buying an X8, the X8 is also available from FPVHobby for $130 (not the $180 that BEVRC are selling it for) and they at least have the balls to tell you that it's EPS foam.

-rant over- sorry, needed to vent.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Jan 15, 2012, 02:52 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Joined Mar 2010
1,552 Posts
that sux CJ, ive never used BEVRC - guess i never will!

Hope you get your $'s back soon...
badlands is online now Find More Posts by badlands
Old Jan 15, 2012, 02:54 PM
What was that...
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Well CJ if it makes you feel any better I got that cash over to you by way of a bank transfer on Saturday. soz for the delay blar blar blar
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Old Jan 15, 2012, 03:01 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Joined Mar 2010
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogz View Post
Just the one flier invited...

Martin I hope all went well and you kept out of the drink I'm sure you have plenty to do, but if you could manage a quick and dirty edit for the b'day boy it would be appreciated...

Great to see you, gutted it was so short, I guess thats the reason I always drive (dont like to rush home....)

what a location eh?

Paul
Thanks for the invite Paul - awsome location - stayed there till 2.30!

Its not often you get a mansion & 11 acres to play with all to yourself.

:-)
badlands is online now Find More Posts by badlands
Old Jan 15, 2012, 03:21 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,195 Posts
Thanks for the invite Paul I reckon badlands is an OK second choice
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash